Mutant Menace - Double Skills

Then verify it for yourself. If you recorded skills before, record during 2x and check or record them now and when it's over record skills in normal skill gains and compare.

The only answer that is needed.

Everyone who tracks their skills much can tell pretty quickly whether its x2 or not. I'd bet if it wasn't, there's be a furore about it all over the forum already.

It does not matter how many green lines you get, it does not tell you anything about the skill gain.
And if you are watching those green lines more closely than normal (aka "in more skill gain events") , I can guarantee you, that you will think you get more green lines even if you get the same amount as before.

What he said ^

You will notice when you start getting a lot more green swirlies than you have in a long time. :D

I like these Double Skill events, except... has anyone else noticed, that skill gain messages only seem to occur half as often? ;-)

Now a week of Double Loot... that would nice... though I suspect it might look something like this:

This creature has no loot.
This creature has no loot.

~I

Yeeee for exponential skill devaluation ! :(
Geez not even a storyline.

Mmm...I won't compete, but I'll shoot couple drones at 2x skills...if I get the time...

Pretty cool, but worrying that MA is resorting to this to get more deposits in :eek: Ah well, I'll take it like it is and skill away :)
Hehe
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

You get the same amount of messages but they count for twice as much :)

last time, on the 3x i checked frequently just to see, the green lines stay the same but 3 pts instead of one, in this case 2 pts

buck

Pretty cool, but worrying that MA is resorting to this to get more deposits in :eek: Ah well, I'll take it like it is and skill away :)
Hehe
Frankenberry-NBK Legion

"resorting" is one thing...but in the end it's 2x skills and its at least some kind of event.

I don't see a downside...nobody is forced to deposit to play. You can play half the time for the same skillgains, roughly...and thus *save* money...

Thought there were to be mutants at Fort Zeus? All I can find is at Hades.
Can anyone find any at Zeus?

more skills again, sweet.
and if the % drops on the skills, it might even be chipping time too.
Sweet.
Thanx First planet.

Quick note to the person saying "no this no that no new items.." if you take a look, there's been 6 or 7 today already, one of which (well 2 really, bp AND first crafted [see: buzz lightyear]) was the Umbra whip, which at a guess will be useful with the C2 update and the change in pets/taming.
Also a few nice loots today, though my mining has been terrible lol

2x Skills yay!

*grabs credit card* :D

Mayby i did good to post this, im not geting 2 points!

I get one green line and 2 points in ( First Aid and Rifle )

I get one green line and 1 point in ( Diagnosis and Evade )

Do i miss something ?

All skills don't get 2 points ?

I did not take ss but im willing to and im shore if i only get 1 every one is geting 1 pls tell me so i write suport case in case im buged.

Check what you get in ( Diagnosis and Evade ) pls i did not check all skills but i wanted to skill faping and deffance.

Ty.

PS. im going to upload the SS so ppl don't think i lie brb 5 min max.

Last edited:
rightbigphoto.jpg

Just change 'Jamaica' to '2* Skill Bonus'

The point I was getting is that you can feel the 2* Skill bonus in effect when doing normal activities - When you open your pro standings page and go "Wow" because you see a noticeable movement in something that seems to crawl

Last edited:

Do i miss something ?

I did not take ss but im willing to and im shore if i only get 1 every one is geting 1 pls tell me so i write suport case in case im buged.

Check what you get in ( Diagnosis and Evade ) pls i did not check all skills but i wanted to skill faping and deffance.

Ty.

Thats because you dont get 1 point everyskill gain you first have to fill the entire yellow bar on the right gradually with skillgains until you get 1 full point which then contributes to the yellow bar on the left. So one skill gain = 2x skillgains not 2x skill points

I post again this guy before me 'Alien ' posted and ppl don't always read all post so you may respond to hes drunk post.

Do i miss something ?

Ty.

Piks :https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=175859&c=20

and one point : https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/gallery/showimage.php?i=175860&c=20

Last edited:
I post again this guy before me 'Alien ' posted and ppl don't always read all post so you may respond to hes drunk post.

Do i miss something ?

Ty.

Well the fact is that you don't get a set amount of skill per green line -
Seeing a green line in Rifle won't mean you went up one point of right, it means you gained X amount of rifle
So with this skill bonus you will get 2X amount of skill for your one green line

At my level a rifle gain is worth about between 0.2 and 0.75 of a level, so with the skill bonus each gain for me would be worth between 0.4 and 1.5 levels

Well the fact is that you don't get a set amount of skill per green line -
Seeing a green line in Rifle won't mean you went up one point of right, it means you gained X amount of rifle
So with this skill bonus you will get 2X amount of skill for your one green line

At my level a rifle gain is worth about between 0.2 and 0.75 of a level, so with the skill bonus each gain for me would be worth between 0.4 and 1.5 levels

Why you did not post this in first place :(

Ty for the reply i think i past on the x2 event i don't realy understand it.

PS. i need to spreed somme rep before i give you +rep to make it neutral but pls next time post as you just did not somme crazy stuff that i don't get clue what it was about.

Ty for you're understanding.

You don;t need to understand it to benefit from it!

Just play as you do normally and you'll notice the difference - That's the point I was making earlier :) And I guess you haven;t seen the advert on British TV ;)

Alien may i ask why im geting 2 points for every one Rifle line ?

When i see Rifle skill gain in the chat ( green text ) then i go look skills press 'K' it grow up by 2 points ?

For example from 180 it go 182 then 184 then 186 you get picture is that normal ?

Sure it is normal, if your level is lower then you will gain skills faster - You're probably getting a Skill Increase Bonus from your gun also which iks helping with that - The skill increase is not linear, it's more like an exponential curve (But not quite)

In short, at lower levels you'll gain skills faster than at higher levels

By faster I mean you'll see more green lines and chances are that those green lines will have a higher value of skill to you also

One skill point to you would probably worth ~0.1 skill points to someone around level 4000-5000

Sure it is normal, if your level is lower then you will gain skills faster - You're probably getting a Skill Increase Bonus from your gun also which iks helping with that - The skill increase is not linear, it's more like an exponential curve (But not quite)

In short, at lower levels you'll gain skills faster than at higher levels

By faster I mean you'll see more green lines and chances are that those green lines will have a higher value of skill to you also

yep i used SIB weapon.

Ok ty i got confused becose of that, seen that in one skill im geting 2 points at time and in another only 1 point at time i was confused.

Not confused any more.:)

Ty again.

Alien may i ask why im geting 2 points for every one Rifle line ?

When i see Rifle skill gain in the chat ( green text ) then i go look skills press 'K' it grow up by 2 points ?

For example from 180 it go 182 then 184 then 186 you get picture is that normal ?

Not every green line is worth 1 point. The higher your points are the slower the skills go in points, but the size of each point is larger. The size of the gains vary depending on damage/costs.

If it is not 2x skills, we lose nothing, as that is the normal state of affairs.

If it is 2x skills, we gain extra skills just by doing what you would be doing anyway.

Finally, why would MA lie about it? It would be quickly noticed if it was secretly accompanied with a 2x decay bill too.
I won't even bother checking skills before, as I see no reason not to believe it, I just hope to use it to get to 100k skills during it.

Ah ok... is just that i played games where this kind event existed ( happy hour ) and you get message in the chat when you log in.

I don't trust MA :(

yeh me and my house mate were discussing the concept of a rotating happy hour as a regular thing. ie always make it different times so people in different time zones get to benefit.

I'm pretty sure the 3x was real though so no reason why 2x isn't either

I imagine it is testable somehow anyway. The cynic in me says MA are doing these events in place of the long absent VU's so really its not in their interest to make owt up. :D

Wistrel

If its a x2 skill bonus its impossible not to get extra green little bars on the pro standing level as your gaining xp twice as fast, each little bar is not worth twice as much as they have not shrunk the size of the pro standing xp bar they are giving us TWICE the ammount! (that includes little green bars or bits of green bars, not just points as points make up the bars) :eyecrazy:

If its a x2 skill bonus its impossible not to get extra green little bars on the pro standing level as your gaining xp twice as fast, each little bar is not worth twice as much as they have not shrunk the size of the pro standing xp bar they are giving us TWICE the ammount! (that includes little green bars or bits of green bars, not just points as points make up the bars) :eyecrazy:

I think you are mixed up about what people mean when they say "each green line is worth double".

What we mean is each green "you have gained rifle skill" message in your chat window is worth double. You dont get more messages, they are just boosting your skill twice as much as before.

Ofc your pro standing/skill chart hasnt changed and yes this will progress twice as fast as before (but with the same number of skill messages)

I think you are mixed up about what people mean when they say "each green line is worth double".

What we mean is each green "you have gained rifle skill" message in your chat window is worth double. You dont get more messages, they are just boosting your skill twice as much as before.

Ofc your pro standing chart hasnt changed and yes this will progress twice as fast as before.

OH yous mean each text line in the chat window is worth double, ah well sorry yes thats true, little misunderstanding there.

there would be no need for us to be spamed by even more text

Yesterday one Trox hunt with 2 swords: 0.9 LB points.
Today one Trox hunt with 2 swords: 1.7 LB points

Back