My 2pec on the so called "Uber Events"

MindBuster

Forum Founder, Administrator
Society
Freelancer
Werty MindBuster Someone
So what's the deal with being on the neck of the uber players everytime there is an event that is targetted at them ?

They (most of them) have invested alot of money and time in the game, there are alot of money tied in the game thanks to them, and the more money tied in the game benefits everyone, from MA to the fresh n00b.

The uber players spend alot of time and efforts promoting the game, because they are the ones with landareas, and if there is no one to hunt/mine on their lands they will lose on it, so they promote the game, keeping things going ingame, some even promote the game in real life, try looking at the landowners as investors, buying a piece of EU, the way it runs is much like having stocks in MA.

Why shouldnt the uber players be allowed to have some chances to get some cool stuff, MA making some events to reward the hard working ubercommunity, and they even give us "poor" players a chance to participate and grab the stuff infront of the uberplayers noses.

Personally I have nothing against those kinda events.

If anyone should complain it should be the uberplayers, first they have to accept that n00bs get the chance to get the cool stuff, second they have to listen to complaints about "uber events" if it happens to be an uberplayer that gets the stuff.

Disclaimer: I am one of the poor guys and have never recieved anything from MA other than my ambassadors badge, and I'm not "sucking up" to the ubers as I have no reason to do so, as I consider myself uber eventhough I'm poor, and have done my share of work for the community imo.

the money is the fuel that moves the world? uber = money spendig players

you get the rest

I agree with most of what you said, MB. :thumbup:

The only thing I'm waiting for is the Eomon to come back, so us 'mid-level' players can join in on the fun without being pk'd by the oobers. :yay:

Anytime there is an event in a pvp zone - I know there's no way I'm going to win - so I save myself the heartache of getting excited over a prize and I just go to watch, to film. Or instead, I go mine or hunt in peace and quiet whilst watching pk hof's go mad and the blue chat pissing and moaning about how they're getting their asses kicked. :laugh: (love ya pyrates)

I take more issue with ubers on CP who decide to be dicks and mob train the entire dome when bored. But, that's another thread. :trout:

Noobs can get that last kill shot on the RX units - all it takes is a lucky shot and perfect timing. So anyone can win - you just have to be clever enough to figure out a way to do so.

Noobs shouldn't whine about ubers and vice versa. We're all filling the loot pool - we're all here to have fun - so sit back, relax, and have a good time.
Who cares how 'uber' or game-rich someone is?
We're all still people behind the computer - we're all still here for the same reason - to take over Calypso!! :twocents:

Reactions: Ozi
Well said Mindbuster.

At the recent Go3 expo I saw the lengths one landowner in particular would go to in order to promote EU. Deathifer is not your typical celebrity, he and Neverdie are chalk and cheese and yet both get out in front of the media promoting EU. Having met ND in RL, I can can say he is extremely comfortable in front of a camera (I'm sure we all know that). Deathifier on the other hand puts himself out of his comfort zone when he is interviewed. Neverless he spent almost all three days of the expo with a camera or microphone stuck in his face. My greatest respect to him, for anyone who has been interviewed by the media you'll understand how challenging it can be.

I don't mind people saying it would be great to have more mid level events, but that doesn't mean there should be no uber events.

If you want to have a go at the uber events, maybe have the balls to stick your neck out with an idea for how MA could run a mid level event. I can't think of a decent suggestion on EF of how MA could run a mid level event and how they can define and therefore exclude uber players.

The whiners also fail to see the bigger picture - as a result of last night's events there are dozens of extra L guns on the market, of the type used by low-mid level players. It's a good time to pick up a bargain, if you look for the opportunities instead of complaining all the time.

I second that MindBuster and well said. I'm a mid-level player, didn't even bother logging in for the event but I know things will come. Yep Mom, waiting for the Eomons myself.. guess they either lost track of time or are on a different migration path? I've been pretty disappointed to be honest that is hasn't happened yet. :(

CRY MORE N00BS

nuf said :cool:
(Can't wait till I reach 87 years old, and I will pwn you ALL!!!!!1!)

i think whining does nothing. really waste of time. doesn't improve the avatar or help them win an event. alot of time and effort been invested by someone and if their avatar preforms better than another well they worked for it and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Your 2pec is worth much more to us MB :D Anyways, I agree, although rather disgruntedly :silly2:

How the heck would an event for non-ubers look?

Avatar below 100k skills, below 60 agility, weapon with maximum 30 dps, no armour higher than rascal allowed, not fap higher than fap 10 allowed, mob of choice exa guardian?

And I gather that the prize is mandatory to be mod fap at least.

Ah ye the other day I met this other criteria here on EF: "wtf all these events for ppl with more than 500MB of RAM" :scratch:

MA calls the shot whether u like it or not. Although i do wish to see more events involving the participation of MA officials.
I remember Marco man hunt to be really fun.

I guess what some of the whiners and moaners react to is that they feel
that the wealthy Übers has bought their way to the front of the line and
gained an unfair advantage over others just because their wallets
alowed them to.

Well, open your eyes and have a look in RL.
There's always someone with more money than you that has a nicer car, newer TV, better bigger whateveryoulike.
That's just how the world works so why waste energy whining about it?

Have as much fun in EU at the level you can afford and focus on that and
you will be allright.
Don't bother worrying about the Übers, do someting usefull instead because
they don't worry about you.
They are too busy playingand having fun and so could you.

NOOOOOb central here. Do most events I have restrictions on them?:scratch2: I thought the rx was open to anybody. Ok so my Opalo might not have got me anywhere but I would still have had fun if wasnt stuck trying to get away from Flatland. Which anoying as it was, made me feel so good escaping after 5 nights of hell. What I'm saying is just like rl, so what if there are bigger fish out there fight for what you want (money or fun) but dont complain if you dont make it first time you just keep going and in the end you'll make it. :whiner: :laugh:

Midlevel and noobs should use events like this as motivation too work hard skilling so one day it can be your name on the client loader:)

Back