my babies :)

MarlaSinger

Alpha
Society
Swedich Drunken Wikings
Marla Marla Singer
This is my story: I bough two mice from a friend in school. He said he was positive the mice were two girls. That wasn't the case, at all. After about a week I saw something very wierd on Tethis, one of the mice.

Tethis:
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

He had something that Embla didn't! Oh noes, Tethis is a boy!

Embla:

Last edited:
One night I was sitting by my computer as usual and I heard some wierd sounds from the cage where I keep my mice. I looked, and I found this:

Bad quality, I know, but if you look closely, you can see that they are.. having sex! I began to realize that I was soon going to be a grandmother (lol) and started reading alot about mice having babies. I didn't want Embla to get pregnant again so I moved Tethis to another cage.

After a while, Embla started to look more and more like a pear..

Last edited:
Embla just continued to grow and grow. Two days ago I heard something. "miip miip miip" from the cage. I looked and guess what I found?

twelve (!!) little babies, not bigger then the nail of your thumb. I have a very bad camera though, but here are some more pics:

Today they have lived for 2 days and are about twice the size they were when I first saw them. SOOOO CUTE! (done now :p)

naaw... how cute! <3 mice :)
its just so sad that i dont have any mices now...

DoNotPause said:
naaw... how cute! <3 mice :)
its just so sad that i dont have any mices now...

lol you want one of mine? sadly, I cannot keep all twelve. I'm trying SOOO hard to find homes for them, if I can't they'll be snakefood :(

mice are kinda not my favorites ;) but good for u :)

MarlaSinger said:
lol you want one of mine? sadly, I cannot keep all twelve. I'm trying SOOO hard to find homes for them, if I can't they'll be snakefood :(

want to send them to sweden? ;) kinda long trip for them :silly2:

DoNotPause said:
want to send them to sweden? ;) kinda long trip for them :silly2:

depends on where you live in sweden since I do too :p

:laugh: had some mice some years ago too...boy and girl...not long till they made 10++ babies. after birth the dad went out to avoid more offspring. well, i wanted to sort out the babies after they have been mature enough but damn...one (or more) of them erm DID their own mother and after a while again babies.

mice are cute but very very fertile :eek:

steffel said:
:laugh: had some mice some years ago too...boy and girl...not long till they made 10++ babies. after birth the dad went out to avoid more offspring. well, i wanted to sort out the babies after they have been mature enough but damn...one (or more) of them erm DID their own mother and after a while again babies.

mice are cute but very very fertile :eek:

lol, yes, I know :) I moved Tethis before Embla gave birth because they get pregnant right after birth if not seperated. Boy-mice become fertile at 5 weeks and that's when you should seperate them from their mother :)

Btw, anyone have suggestions about what I should name the little ones?
So far I have: Otto, 9 liter, McGyver, Sweetstuff and Mercedes :)

Last edited:
DoNotPause said:
haha okay :p well, i live in Skellefteå ;)

A little tooooo far :p Skåne ftw :p

aww there cool!
nice names also :)

Ginger

haha cute :D

Who wouldn't want to sleep with someone and then all of a sudden find out that you are a father of 10+ children :rolleyes:

Luckily mice and humans don't think alike :laugh:

Good luck and congratz! :)

MarlaSinger said:
lol, yes, I know :) I moved Tethis before Embla gave birth because they get pregnant right after birth if not seperated. Boy-mice become fertile at 5 weeks and that's when you should seperate them from their mother :)

What about Pinky and Brains? The mice from the WB cartoon...

Pinky: What are we doing today Brains?

Brains: Same thing we do every day Pinky, Try to take over the world!

Pic of Pinky is bottom right of my sig:D :D

MarlaSinger said:

Chuck Norris :D

Love your mice :) - as for names how about

Trox nibble
Berry crunch
Trax bite
Molisk munch
Rippersnapper food
etc etc :)

Update :d

they've grown alot and are starting to have fur :) soon a week old and sooo cute.

I showed sp00ne on msn and told him to take a screenshot of them :)

Sorry...but you didn't mention anything about your snake....the one that you are raising the mice for.

Actually, pinkies make great food for small or young snakes. I have a friend with a Freezer full of frozen pinkies in a bag. ya, a bit gross.... never accepted an offer of icecream while visiting his place.

"Sometimes it's a hard world for little things.
- Cohen Bros, "Raising Arizona"

I don't have a snake acctually. there were never supposed to be any babies at all. now I have 12, gonna keep 2 and I have at least 5 more homes. the rest I am giving away to a friend who has a snake.

update again!

Came home and HELL, they've really grown!

MarlaSinger said:
Came home and HELL, they've really grown!

im in love <3 :girl: :dance:

pinky, pinky and the brain, brain, brain, brain... .. . :D gotta love mice :))

och.. grattis :) eller nått :)

OMG how cute! Nearly as cute as my son :tongue2:

awwww : ) they are definately cuties... I have rats myself, but if i lived near you i might have taken some

Today, one of my babies had babies! I am now a great grandmother :p

(I kept three of the babies from last time, but one had to move. Also, both Tethis and Embla got sick so now I only have Andromeda and Mu. Mu is the one with the new babies)

I'm happy ^^

(they are VERY new here, only about half an hour old, that's why they look kind of.. wierd..)

Heya!

One of my last babies had babies of her own! There are seven of them and they are now about 2½ weeks and the cutest things ever.

(just newborn, the mother's name is Mu)

(Füü, black and white spotted broken, female)

(Fury, black tan, male)

(Troi, blue tan, female)

(Chimera, black and white spotted even, female)

Back