My EU is french

Rednexi

Stalker
Society
NBK Elite Squadron
Redneksi Rednexi Babek
Hello,

i got a little problem with my EU. It seems that after the last mini update the default setting for language when you start EU in windowed mode is French. I dont understand a word of french. And then i still got the problem, that i cant launch through clientloader because i dont have the latest version of Media player installed...So the option-changes i do in clientloader, where my language is set to "english", these changes wont stick to the game, when i launch the entropia.exe straight on.

So any quick fix that wont involve me re-installing my windows, of EU? :scratch2:

ps. And the strangest thing, the french-ness has incresed all the time, after the update, only a word here and a word there was french, so it was easy to cope with that, and i just kept on playin, but now the frenchness is overwhelming, and it is starting to hinder my game-experience...

ps. And the strangest thing, the french-ness has incresed all the time, after the update, only a word here and a word there was french, so it was easy to cope with that, and i just kept on playin, but now the frenchness is overwhelming, and it is starting to hinder my game-experience...[/SIZE]

This is due to the beta testing of the localized version. French beta initial upload failed and only few words were translated, they fix that now so it's why the frenchness is overwhelming ;)

Now regarding your problem ... without the client loader i don't think you will find any solution as language parameters seems to be sent to entropia.exe each time by the launcher.

Try this:

Go into regedit, find the key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MindArk\Project Entropia\Language

and set the value to 1

If that does not work, try adding the following parameter to your EU command line: -k2

:)

Last edited:
Try this:

and set the value to 1

If that does not work, try adding the following parameter to your EU command line: -k2

Why not simply change the setting in the client loader options? :scratch2:

Try this:

and set the value to 1

Will try that when get home, can i tamper with the registry without the fear of being locked?

Another solution is to learn french :)

Will try that when get home, can i tamper with the registry without the fear of being locked?

Definitely. The values there are the client loader 'options' settings.

I don't think the registry editing will do it for you though, as the client loader just passes options as parameters when launching the game - go for my second tip instead.

Or you could upgrade media player... :silly2:

Well if u have these fears, try to reinstall the game. Normally, the clientloader parameters are just those existant in the options, sound, windowed, video qual, blabla.

Try this:

and set the value to 1

Actually waper, u was close to the solution, running with parameter -k1, i goes english, ty!

Actually waper, u was close to the solution, running with parameter -k1, i goes english, ty!

Actually i was too hasty with my response, it gives now the good old "obsolete installation or whatever"...so for now i am stuck with the french :laugh:

Back