My first deposit! Now what do I do?

Silker

Young
Alright I have finally deposited for the first time. 20$ USD!. So now i have to go out there and actually find something to do and not blow off my peds on useless things i don't need right now. So far i've obtained the basic noob equipment pixie set, opalo, vivo, fap 05. I want to get into something that will atleast help me break even or make a bit of profit. I don't want to lose a large amount of ped. If anyone would be kind enough to give me some tips or direct me to the right path that would be greatly appriciated.

i would go try out some of the rookie hunting gear and shoot puny mobs. or go buy rookie mining gear. good luck
kosmos

Gathering sweat is guaranteed to at least break even.

Putting myself in your shoes, my equipment list would be the same as you have, minus the armor. I'd rather spend my deposit on ammo and repair and hunt things small enough to handle without armor. If you spend the same peds on repairing your vivo instead of repairing your armor, you get a similar effect, plus some skills.

If you are getting hit too much, be patient, and maybe sweat while you hunt. Once your Evade skill reaches 200 or 250 points, most of the little stuff is comfortable to hunt/swunt without armor.

Swunting (sweating while hunting) keeps you entertained (and skilling) longer per round of ammo, and the sweat can even take the edge off the ammo/repair bill.

If you are easily bored by exploring to all those teleporters, take a look at a vehicle (Sleipnir flies). Vehicles have an added bonus: running over cactuses, small rocks, ramming the hillsides etc gets you some skill points (and can be entertaining).

Lefty, thank you so much! It’s nice advices for such noobs as me.

When will I start making money at the Calypso? ;) :laugh:

Keep armour and fap to a minimum

If you hunt punies, and small mobs (dakiba, snables, exa) then you can get by without the armour and save urself some decay which will make ur money last longer. Similarly if you have the patience to heal naturally and only fap when u really need it, you can save decay there also.

Remember, it's not really a problem to die,revive,die,revive. The only possible downside, is u might not quiet kill a mob before u die and then not be able to find it again afterwards, wasting ammo and weapon decay. One thing you can do is,whenever you die, type "P" to get a record of your position. So after revival you can try and find your way back to that spot.

KikkiJikki

I would suggest getting rid of the fap 5, stick with the vivo T1 then T5 for skilling up with. Faps are generally less eco.

Swunting, as mentioned before, is a great way to skill up at first. If you do it with no armor then you don't even have to worry about repair costs. Don't be afraid to die! While it's not the most entertaining activity you can sell the sweat to help pay for ammo in the case of a run with poor loot and you get hit more which means more skill ups for evade. Stick close to a revive and you can just die and run back if need be.

It's a slow start, but it's a cheap start, it'll help you make that $20 depo last.

So far i've obtained the basic noob equipment pixie set, opalo, vivo, fap 05.
Get rid of the Fap-5, keep the rest. Eventually if you like hunting pixie will be needed & armour decay is less than fapping. People say you don't get skills while wearing armour, whethere that is true or not isnt important. Either way decay = skills & you will get evade a lot faster because of it.

Also use the rookie stuff in the trade terminal when starting off, since they have been newly added to the game. Breaking even or making profit hmm, that is a tough one to be honest. Most people would say go for mining to break even on most runs & I might have to agree with that. But then again there is no point doing something to break even when you don't like doing that activity.

One way to break even is to sell your loot for max MU, so unless you have a pedcard of about 5000ped (a years subscription to any other mmo game) you probably won't break even most days. If you can deposit that amount and finish it all with items looted or found, you probably will now have enough of any item to sell for Mark Up for you to break even. Or do what every other market adjuster does, sell lower amounts at higher MU's seems to always work.

That thread in 2nd post is really good, full of lots of ideas to try. But if you want to make your peds last I guess trading is what you need to do :dunno:? Anyways hope you enjoy the game :)

Yes, and a decent guidline about armor: whenever you are hit, you should take about 10 points of damage right through your armor. ie snables without armor works very well:yup:

A bit of a no-brainer, but... You should only TT ammo!:wise:

A bit of a no-brainer, but... You should only TT ammo!:wise:

I'm sorry but that is impossible. I'm quite new myself so I know what its like. If he has to try sell all his loot to other players he will hunt for 10 minutes and try sell the loot for 2 hours. Now I don't know how he wants to enjoy Entropia but thats not how I want to play this game.

I would recomend selling the Opalo back to TT and use the Kiwio MK.II :) With your low skills you'll probably do just as much damage and hit alot more :) I found it actually saved me a few peds actually because according to Entropedia Kiwio MK.II seems to be more economical (And alot easier to use to its maximum potential)

Link to Entropedia. <- You should save this because thats a very helpful website!

I'm sorry but that is impossible. I'm quite new myself so I know what its like. If he has to try sell all his loot to other players he will hunt for 10 minutes and try sell the loot for 2 hours. Now I don't know how he wants to enjoy Entropia but thats not how I want to play this game.

there are ways around this.
best way is to have a big ped card and only hunt one kind of mob (to recieve the same kind of stackables).
Another way could be to find some trustworthy people in EU and pool your looted resources to get larger stacks. To ease the trust issue you can trade resources with the same markup (wool for animal oil for example) with the same TT value. Find 5 people and you can now stack almost 500ped of resources if you have 100ped each.
You can also find a trader that want to buy your resources for more than TT, add them to your friend list for easy/fast trades.

Working together is always a good idea, especially in the beginning.

Have fun :handgun:

what to do

spend it,, and when its gone , deposit another 20,, and then when that's gone ,, another..

keep doing this until u want to throw your computer out the window,,,

when u get to the point that u want to throw your computer out the window,, deposit 100,,,

after u lose this,, deposit another 100,, and another

keep doing this until u want to throw yourself out the window ,,,

when u get to the point that u want to throw yourself out the window,, deposit 1000,,,

:yay: and so on.......

Alright I have finally deposited for the first time. 20$ USD!. So now i have to go out there and actually find something to do and not blow off my peds on useless things i don't need right now. So far i've obtained the basic noob equipment pixie set, opalo, vivo, fap 05. I want to get into something that will atleast help me break even or make a bit of profit. I don't want to lose a large amount of ped. If anyone would be kind enough to give me some tips or direct me to the right path that would be greatly appriciated.

Well, first off, sell the FAP-5 back, and you are already on the road to losing less ped. You don't need it and its not eco.

Next will be doing all the starter missions, then the trail to the east one, then get daikiba iron mission and kill 100 daikiba. This should let you spend a lot of time while not using up a lot of your ped reserves. You will hopefully also meet people in game and have a better overall feel as to how things work.

there are ways around this.
best way is to have a big ped card and only hunt one kind of mob (to recieve the same kind of stackables).

Well, the thread started off with a question of how to best manage things after a depo of 200 ped, some of which has been used for equipment. so a big ped card he has not.

i agree to rather use a vivo t1 instead of the fap5 too :)

The only possible downside, is u might not quiet kill a mob before u die and then not be able to find it again afterwards, wasting ammo and weapon decay. One thing you can do is,whenever you die, type "P" to get a record of your position. So after revival you can try and find your way back to that spot.
KikkiJikki
another option is to type /pos in local chat and when you revived click on your own waypoint :D
helped me finding the scips that killed me :D

Well, the thread started off with a question of how to best manage things after a depo of 200 ped, some of which has been used for equipment. so a big ped card he has not.

Thats why I sugested that working together with other people and stacking loot with them might be an option. OP should have more than 100peds left after a $20 deposit and the investment in Pixi, opalo and a fap.

As someone who started just over a month ago and has been trying to figure out how to survive in this world, I can offer a few initial suggestions:

1) Try to walk(takes hours but you pick up some teleporters) or get a free ride to Twin Peaks. Twin Peaks is like a trading hub, and you can occasionally sell some of your hunted loot in small quantities to players rather than trying to save up enough to cover the cost of the auction listing. The markup won't be as good, but it's better than straight TT or holding out for weeks while you acquire enough to sell for a good markup on acution.

2) Stick with the newbie Kiwio gun from the TT. You won't get full damage from the Opalo for a few levels, and the Kiwio's lower ammo burn means you won't be overkilling the weaker enemies you'll be fighting.

3) Armor repair and healing are expensive. Avoid using them to hunt punies and young snables/daiks/exarosaurs.

4) If you are going to hunt, fire from maximum range until the mob starts to run at you, then start backing up while continuing to fire. You''ll usually kill the mob before it has a chance to inflict any serious damage that would require healing.

5) Swunting berycled punies is boring, but it is the fastest and cheapest way I have found to get defensive skills and actually make a profit. A puny generally takes 3-5 shots from the Kiwio to kill, so with a full sweat you have already covered 50-75% of your costs for the kill. If the puny drops just about anything you've profited on the kill. The only downside is healing. If you heal yourself, your costs increase considerably, so I either walk around looking for fruit/dung/stone or just take a short break and wait it out.

6) If you mine, stick with the newbie mining gear for a while. The newbie (L) miners last for 25 bombs, with the total cost being just over 5 ped for the 2 finders and bombs. Sure, most of the finds you hit are I-II, but you can occasionally hit some reasonable ones. Plus, any find over V will cover your full costs for the trip. My best so far is a VII.

7) Don't craft. It's tempting, but definitely not worth the money at this point. The skilling up is incredibly slow compared to the amount of money invested, and the markup on smaller quantities of needed materials(<100 ped) are significantly higher than the bulk orders.

spend it,, and when its gone , deposit another 20,, and then when that's gone ,, another..

keep doing this until u want to throw your computer out the window,,,

when u get to the point that u want to throw your computer out the window,, deposit 100,,,

after u lose this,, deposit another 100,, and another

keep doing this until u want to throw yourself out the window ,,,

when u get to the point that u want to throw yourself out the window,, deposit 1000,,,

:yay: and so on.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Just about the FAP-5, it's not a bad FAP it's just that you need to be over level 30 Paramedic (over 4000 in First Aid skills) before it becomes better than a Vivo-T1. So no point in using it or keeping it atm.

I don't know how much medical skill I have but I don't think it's level 30

I do know fap-5 almost always does 10 heal unlike the T1 which almost always does less (because it's an interval fap) Ofcourse it's best to start with the sib one, because you skill faster.
But I don't think you need to have level 30 to max the fap-5, I have had it do max heal for years. But hey, I'm not the math guy.
Fap-5 isn't that bad, consider it when you have built up some skills.

As another point, Swamp Camp has lots of good low level swunting - and sometimes we career healer types hang out at its Revive terminal practicing by healing newbies. This happens more often at neas place now since the swamp is overrun with newbie hunters who mess up the sweating situation there (cutting sweat gathering rate down to about a third of normal), but then again, there's nothing at neas place for a newbie to hunt (unless you are a team of 10 or more newbies).

Last time I tried a new type of weapon, I had great results just running up and down the road between Port Atlantis and Swamp Camp killing berycled punies.

A comparison of the economies of certain weapons, measured for my own less than uber hunting skills:
(progression is Kiwio, Opalo, m1a, m2a, m3a, Riker...; I'm just finished getting full skill level for the m1a)
(copypasta from my post in another thread)

Emik s30 (L), no amp: 2.511 damage per pec
Emik s30, no amp: 2.557 damage per pec (the unlimited s30)
Opalo, no amp: 2.752 damage per pec, 4.1 damage per sec
Kiwio, no amp: 2.832 damage per pec, 2.7 damage per sec
Opalo+a101 amp: 2.861 damage per pec, 5.6 damage per sec

So yes, here at level 7 laser sniper, the Kiwio is still more economical for me than the Opalo - except that the Kiwio can't handle my a101. The s30 is still worth its weight in gold though - it burns 100 ammo as compared to the Kiwio's 120.

Last edited:
Lefty posted:

]Emik s30 (L), no amp: 2.511 damage per pec

Clearly demonstrating the value of the A101 amp.
Unfortunately the price is a little outside the amount on OPs ped card right now. Worth investing in though.

KikkiJikki

Lefty posted:

]Emik s30 (L), no amp: 2.511 damage per pec

Clearly demonstrating the value of the A101 amp.
KikkiJikki
I'm not so sure about that, at least for brand new beginners. Remember the Ukash (L) rifle? That gun which is excellent eco for the newest of newbs, but not good for much after gaining some skills by using up the first one? I have a hunch that the Kiwio Mk.II might be like it. I'd love to see what happens when an avatar fresh in from the Gateway scans his/her skills, loads them into Entropedia, and compares their damage per pec and per second between Opalo+a101, Kiwio Mk. II, and Emik s30. I bet the Kiwio would come in first place, and the s30 would become useful shortly thereafter - about 5 peds' worth of loot thereafter to be precise :laugh:

~Medb

Last edited:
Back