My first experience in 'bad scammer' disciple :D

nlnforever

Prowler
Nguyen NLNFOREVER Nhung
Today, I encountered a 'new' player (maybe not new anymore). Her nick is 'manon beeauty seleste'.

She asked me to be her mentor. I accepted and did a small TP run to Twin Peak with her.

Strange thing was that. She said she were new,and had played for 30 minutes only. But she did know how to pm and accept the mentorship very fast :D

After a long TP run with alot of explaination from me :D we reached Twin Peak.
After all, she asked me for a gun. And said that "I said that I would give her a gun after all' :eek:. I told her I would not give her gun, she should go sweating and read the entropiaforum first. Then she said 'you are scammer' then kicked me :eek::laugh:

To me, it's nothing much. I am full time hunter, never bother those mentorship thingy. But it happened to me. So I wonder whether being a good mentor and finding a good disciple is as hard as getting a nice HOF :laugh:

Bad experience, make me wonder the noob environment is not SAFE for old players anymore

The mentoring system is a joke.
Although helping new people usually isn't.

Now i think of it i'd say the whole thing does more harm than it helps.

I usually give a weapon of choice to my new disciples upfront. and usually 500ammo.

This way they can experience the hunting before learning how to sweat.

then sweating has a meaning (sweat to get more bullets)
This usually works better
and yes i have had bad disciples as well.

but an opalo is 3.80 +500 ammo = 8.8 peds aka 88 dollarcents...

Ofcourse mentors do not have to give away free items.. but your disciple did come the whole way to twin peaks with you. I doubt your disciple was a scammer.. Maybe she read in entropiaforum about disciple farmers.. and thought you were one.

hah, my last one was funny too

first thing i told her "i don't give gifts"
"she" said ok

around 5 min later she asked for "help", i told her again that i will give advice but no gifts
she then said that i am a scammer :D

it happens ;)

I usually give a weapon of choice to my new disciples upfront. and usually 500ammo.

This way they can experience the hunting before learning how to sweat.

then sweating has a meaning (sweat to get more bullets)
This usually works better

I did this with almost all of my disciples. Then... they log off immediately and if they return, they kick me. They also like to play dumb after kicking you, like the last one said "I didn't kick you, I didn't log off, the game crashed and didn't let me in, I want you to be my mentor"; I asked where she was, she said she was at Oxford, i went there and didn't find her, she said she would come to the tt, i waited there... after half an hour of waiting I didn't even bother pm-ing her again :laugh:

welcome to mentoring lol :(

hah, my last one was funny too

first thing i told her "i don't give gifts"
"she" said ok

around 5 min later she asked for "help", i told her again that i will give advice but no gifts
she then said that i am a scammer :D

it happens ;)

@ nln :( i had that happening to me the second time (and last) i tried to become someone's mentor around here...

@ Alice :eek: lmao goes to show... not everyone around begging for guns/stuff has gone through EF and knows even the least about our Universe to start begging... it's just in some people's human nature...

Off topic... something that's been buggin me for a bit, isn't this game supposedly not allowed to minors? (No offense intended on the younger ones around us... :D)

Last edited:
I got a mentor at first by some guy randomly adding me so he was soon booted but then I got another one who ran me to Nea's but I dont know how I kicked her...is there anyway to add her again?

I do not beg, I take pride in becoming the best through my own hard work and ingenuity but I wouldn't mind re-instating someone worthy :)

Today, I encountered a 'new' player ..

Fu&c em, forget it.

Count yourself lucky someones 3rd ava didnt scam you for weapons and ammo.

Apart from the bad side of mentoring.. Keep up the good work, I know some genuine people out there appreciate it :thumbup:

The sad part is that a system intended to help newcomers actually encourages lowlife activity which in turn creates an atmosphere of distrust.

Equally sad are the lowlife :censored: on both sides that take advantage of others kindness and generousity or naivety.

I enjoyed mentoring for a little while and always tried to encourage newbies and set them goals with a reward at the end of it i.e. gather 1k sweat for gun and ammo etc.
If they are not willing to at least commit to that then they are not worth it imo.
I learnt early on it is no good just equipping them from the start as they will either lose it or just log out and not return.

It sounds to me like you did the right thing and when the other person realised you weren't going to lavish the staggering amount of $1 US worth of gifts like an Opalo and some ammo upon them they kicked you. :rolleyes:

What beats me is who would be such a dick as to be wasting hours of theirs and others time just to scam a few virtual items worth less than the change you might find down the back of the couch?? :scratch2:

People's capacity for greed and stupidity knows no bounds at times. :(

Good luck

Reactions: dj.
stories like this is why i don't mentor no more. i will ask someone to add me to their fl and pm me if needed. i might add them and pm them (assuming they come back after 24 hours). otherwise i don't spend much time or ped on this no more.

i do like to help people when i am bored sometimes but the mentor farmers and beggars make it hard :(

nlnforever your a good person don't let this get to you :D

What beats me is who would be such a dick as to be wasting hours of theirs and others time just to scam a few virtual items worth less than the change you might find down the back of the couch?? :scratch2:

Some could argue that their whole n00b experience is based on hours and hours wasted in gaining $0.50 of sweat.

The disadvantage of having to do with "virtual alter egos" is the fact that most feel no need to behave properly or to upkeep a positive reputation...

I usually find myself giving free ammo or few free ores to new comers experiencing hunting or crafting for the first time. I never expect anything in return, as I'm sure that most of them could easily be selfish little bastards.

I have to admit though, most of the people that I have helped out did return to me sooner or later to tell me what they had managed to achieve in weeks of gameplay from our first encounter.

I'd like to attempt mentoring sooner or later. Or not. :D

What I find frustrating is, on occasion you meet a newbie worth of mentoring and they are to skilled.

I stopped mentoring a long time ago and just help newbies when I meet them.
However I consider to take one newbie again and mentor him/her up to level.

I do have high demands on a new disciple, so wond be easy to find one fitting.

Back