My first Trip to CND – A Photo and Video story

Laz

Provider
Society
Church of Lootius
Lazarus Laz Schmiddos
Hi everyone,

this is a story for everybody who has never been to CND and wonders what it's like up there. A friend and me made our first trip there last saturday and we documented everything and took some notes. So if you want to see our CND story, have fun...

(for the videos: they're wmv and between 1-5MB; the sound is some kind of weird, as you just can hear my music very silent and Kehl speaking, but you can't hear me speaking)

Time:
Saturday, November 11th, 18:40 till 2:06

Calypso and CND

Starring:

Lazarus Laz Schmiddos (Myself)
Kehlal Kehl Sniders

Equipment:

Laz:
-Composite „Gipsy“ armor (Ghost shins, Hunter gloves, Kobold arms, Paladin face, Rascal thighs), Full 1A Plating Set
-2 Axes 2x0, primary weapon
-Katsuichi Valor, emergency weapon (or for bigger mobs)
-unamped Opalo, pulling weapon, 1000 ammo
-Medium nerve blast chip, just for fun, 400 ME
-OF-211 (L) with OA-101 (L), 150 bombs
-a crate of beer (don't know if it's the right word here, means 20 x 0,5L beer)
-a bottle of cherry liquor, for pimping the beer
-20 „Moods“ cigarillos
-a playlist with Metal, Hard Rock and some Punk

Kehl:

-Full Rascal armor, 4 x 2A Platings
-2 Axes 2x0, primary weapon
-Katsuichi Determination, emergency weapon (or for bigger mobs)
-unamped A&P Series Brave Mentor Edition, pulling weapon
-MF-102, 100 probes
-some bottles of Coke, one bottle rum (Havanna Club, three years old), citron concentrate, for making Cuba Libres
-a playlist with Metal, Hard Rock and some Punk

Skills:

Laz:
Longblades: 3187
Propecting: 441

Kehl:

Longblades: 2448
Surveying: 170

So, now we can start!

18:40: We were starting our search for a pilot up to CND in Twin Peaks

18:56:
We found a pilot, two more seats were left, but we had to get a TP none of us had anyway. So we went NE from Treasure Island Caste, some 15 minutes later we all met at the TP. In the meantime Eagle-Pilot TI North, our pilot found two more guys, so we could start our journey. It took about 5 minutes to get to the hangar.
-pic1-

19:30:
Eagle-Pilot TI North logged into the ship, we payed, 25 PEDs each. Now it went up!!
-pic2- -pic3- -pic4-
I have made a little video how I arrived in the spaceship, yeah! 'Was really cool! Then everybody had to sit down and push a red button. But, please accept my advice, the left seat in the front of the ship is the pilot's seat, so don't sit down there (like I did)! :laugh:
-video1- (if just clicking on it doesn't work, try "save target a" instead)

19:35: Yeah, we arrived at CND! Take a look, I made some screenis how it looks there!
-pic5- -pic6- -pic7-
Now we straight hurried to the next Teleporter and did some hunting in Biodome #1. It's inhabited by some Ambulimaxens, Young and Mature, so no problem for our axes. It's really strange on the asteroid. Completely weird! Down on the planet inhabitants are fighting against these wild beasts to bulit up a rich and happy civilisation, but on CND you're hunting mobs just for pleasure! Just for fun! With a cool look on the stars and the sun! Great! :laugh:

20:45: I forget to tell: when you arrive at CND there pops up a message, which states, that - due to I cannot remember, I esimate some radiation or stuff – the finder's range is decreased by 40%! But, on the other hand, the deposits you find on an asteroid is way larger than on a planet.
This was really right, because for my first 17 bombs I didn't even find a Tiny. But, hehe, as I dropped my 18th, I found some XI Lyst, yeah! Way cool.

20:57:
Well, some Ambus were just too angry and killed us.
-pic8-

21:15: So we went to Dome #6, Young Caperons. As pewiki was down this evening, we hadn't a clue what mob to expect. Kehl dropped some probes and got VII & XI Melchi!!! You maybe think that's nothing speacial, but in fact it is: The largest find Kehl ever had before this evening, was IV! So this was really cool and gave us a push!
On the other hand, what shall not be forgotten here is, that we started 2 ½ hours ago, and slowly started to get a little drunk now. :silly2:

21:30: We left the Caperon area, we're too weak for those suckers! :)

21:45: Dome #11, middle matutity Longus on a high density.
The both of us know Longus, but we underestimated the maturity, so the just bite us dead within some minutes.
-pic9-

21:55:
Dome #13: Many, many Berycled, biggest maturity. Yeah, was way cool there. We slashed them down really cool, and loot was not good and not bad, which is good: I haven't mentioned it before, but Kehl is the unluckiest player in the Entropian Universe (as far as I have seen). The one and only global he ever had was a 55 PED team global for three persons. When you go on a hunt, you can be sure to loose PEDDERS!
In this dome I also had a cool find, XII iron, yeah!

22:43: Well, there were too much of those Berycled and we died. Now we changed our Katanas to try the other one. Damn, woudn't have thought that the Determinations really rocks that more than the Valor. And it's way larger... :bowdown:

23:30: We went to Biodome #7 to bumb some really big Exars off! That was fun. By the way, meantime the both of us really started to get drunk a lot.
-pic10-
After some time we could start a Pixie harness shop, as those Exars dropped them a lot.

23:50: Yeah, I had my first Global up there, 117 Blausarium. This really rocked now, as I had 30 bombs left and allready made profit (with mining, hunting you never make profit with Kehl.
I also did a little video from this Global.
-pic11-
-video2-
The next hour we went on slaying Exars...

01:12: Wuuaa, we lost the connection. Really bad thing. It too us long to find out what the problem was, but in the end it tuned out to be Kehl's mic cable which wasn't switched in anymore... At this point we were REALLY drunk and I have to trust in my hasty notes written on a beer soaked sheet of paper.

1:20: Well, we got connection again. There was not much sense in continue hunting and I allready spent all my bombs (nothing since that global).
So we went to the CND disco to have some fun there. By the way, we both had playlists with some Hard Rock, Metal stuff in there...
For the disco, I was very dissappinted. Noone was there. Only the both of us and a bored auctioneer. But for those who want to take a look, I shot some videos there, too...
-pic12- -pic13- -video3- -video4-

2:00: We decided to go to bed, as we were totally done...:zzz:

Okey. This was my first trip to CND. And definitely not my last. It's really fun up there, you can believe me!
Now, I'm missing a word... I looked it up and found „the swells“. I don't know if it's right there, but what I mean is: wow, Kehl and me felt like not really belonging to this asteroid society up there. When you walk around you feel like just meeting guys with suits which cost as much as I spent since I'm in PE. When a miner comes past the earth is shaking without interruption, I estimate they throw as much bombs as I had for the evening in 15 minutes.

But... I will fly there again, that's for sure...

Nice post, i'm stiil not sure if this belongs here or in Diary section thou :)

Nice post, i'm stiil not sure if this belongs here or in Diary section thou :)

Yeah, also thought about posting it there, but a diary is not just one evening I thought, but every day/week...

So, in the CND section it's not so wrong :)

a bottle of cherry liquor, for pimping the beer

dear god man just buy good beer that dont need pimpin :)

good call tho, need beer for any trip, real or virtual!

(i know thats a little shallow after all the good work thats gone into post, so well done, looks good and + rep for taking the time to show those that havent been to cnd what its all about)

Nice story, its very refreshing to be reminded what it's like to visit CND for the First Time!

Congratulations To add a little twist to your tale. for sharing your fun adventure You just won a Mining Amp and bombs for your next Mining Run... Ask for me in the control room someone will PM me.

Great story man! I was looking to go up there soon with Soc mates and this is giving me more reason to do so.

To Neverdie: Hey, super nice of you to drop a sweet prize for the story. Up reps for the both of you!!:D :D :D :D :D

Nice story Laz :)

and nice geasture Neverdie :)

Nice story, its very refreshing to be reminded what it's like to visit CND for the First Time!

Congratulations To add a little twist to your tale. for sharing your fun adventure You just won a Mining Amp and bombs for your next Mining Run... Ask for me in the control room someone will PM me.

Yeah, that's really very generous from you! I definetely won't reject this gift. :laugh:

So see you soon in the control room...

For all others, thx for the positive feedback to this post...

Nice Post laz, (+rep)

Great to read a positive story... & Gratz on your Gifts - seems that a positive attitude can win peds as well as hunting & mining;)

Really nice story!

I also planned to go up to CND for quite a while which had to be postponed for RL reasons. Now in the Christmas season I finally (!!!) got holidays which me and my b/f will use to visit CND.

I am just a little sad that the Disco is not visited very well. I liked the idea of going dancing when being too exhausted to hunt. Is it always that empty?

nice post dude,

u r narration is pretty good though, kinda funny... good luck

Back