My guide so far, seeking feedback

Alice is still the Queen of helping Noobs out, you rock girl. keep it up. :yay::yay::yay:

Much <3 from Derid el Newbie

Alice I read your guide a few months ago when I was just getting started and it helped me alot. I think you covered pretty much everything pretty well. Its tricky to write a guide for the new player because there is so much information and you must be carefull not to give too much or you run the risk of confusing them. The way you have it organized makes it easy to jump to the section on hunting and read just about hunting. Then when you want to mine, there is a nice section for that.

Well done, thanks for the help.

+rep Big Time!

Your guide is excellent, personally I have and still find it an invaluable reference.
If and when I gain experience or knowledge of the system that is not covered in the guide I will most certainly submit to you for consideration.

Very well done again and Thanks :)

Just did a quick scan of your guide and you say armor decays 2 pec when being equiped but they have changed it to 1 pec now.

Also, and this is a minor technicality, but you say if your ghost is decayed and you are only getting 10 protection you only have to pay for 10 decay. Since ghost min decay is .84, then i blieve anything 12 and under is hitting min decay. Ma has raised the decay on smaller hits now. Coop, doer, and JimmyB are in the process of refiguring decay and have a thread about it.

Also, ghost has 19 impact protection not 18.
pg 83

Last edited:
Last one for now I promise. On page 82 you have pixie as having 2 cut, its 3 cut.

i am currently rereading it and rewriting

there have been changes (undocumated and not mentioned in VU list) in previous VU in mentoring as well

the last update was when the decay for armor and clothes was 2 pec, since then i waited to see whats happening first

Coop keeps me posted (in my soc :p ) about armor decay

i also gotta take new screenies about ava info, and rewrite tailoring

anyone up to loan me a texturizer tool? :D

i gotta check all those small mistakes, and the problem is to find them all
just the 2 pec thing i thought i covered, but i found it at several places still ^^
on it :p

thx for finding it ;)

Alice, this guide of yours has been the single most useful document that I have read so far. (That's from a whole bunch of other useful stuff here.) It is informative and full of very good information. Thanks!

updated, i hope i got some more thingies now :)

atm no pics about texturzing, but a description how i think it works, since i didnt find a cheap one yet

tailoring section i deleted kinda, since i basically wrote it to add that you were able to add skins in that crafting section, which was changed

uhm, armor decay should be changed to 1 now, and ghost should be mentioned with 19 impact now

added some more pics about mindforce and especially a description how the implanting of the chip works (was asked to do that in swamp camp, there it is ;)

also i changed the mentoring info a bit, its up to date now i guess

hf :)

I found your guides very helpful when I first started this past summer. I am confused about this +rep thing, and attempted it I hope it went through. :yay:

I found your guides very helpful when I first started this past summer. I am confused about this +rep thing, and attempted it I hope it went through. :yay:
it worked, thx :D

i updated it again, now with a screenies about texturing even
also something more about costumizeable clothes etc

that section is new now, hence i would appreciate feedback if thats ok as it is

anyone wants a texturizer L btw? full tt, didnt use it :D

really good explanation of the colouring/texturing alice - makes a lot of things clear.

Things i wondered when i read it:

- do different textures require different skill levels to apply (like different colours). So then is there a progression like there is with colours?

- if i am too unskilled to use, say, violet cream, does this mean i just can't put it in the colourer, or i have a lower chance of success? So can I say put in 1000 tins of violet cream, and maybe 1% of the time i will succeed?

- is there a difference between doing colour then texture and doing texture then colour?

- is texturing like colouring - either success or fail, and more units of texture means more COS, up to 100% at some quantity ?

- is there a texture bleacher, or do you use the colour bleacher on the texturer? And how do you actually use the bleacher?

- you don't mention texture crafting except to say that it uses bps like normal crafting. Does it have the same skills, or is there a separate texture crafting profession?

I realise all these can be answered with just a bit of research on ef, but they were what I found myself wondering when I read your guide.

I need to read all the other new sections - you've been busy :) Still a brilliant reference for EU, and even more informative than ever. +rep or I would if I had repped a few other ppl :p

This Guide just gets better and better. I followed "most" of your advice on my path to graduation and now have recommended it to my disciples. Thank you for keeping this wonderful resource up to date.

+REP

i gonna bump this with an update info a while ago

well, here a preview
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...9-guide-weapon-progression-mob-selection.html

it is more detailed and easier to follow with the tables in the guides though

basically it tells you what weapon comes next (in SIB terms), what mobs you can kill then with it and what armor might be useful against it

i am still in the testing phase of it, but havent heard of real problems with the info yet

Alice's guide is really nice :wtg:, read it thru 3 times before I started play.
If you are going to play EU i suggest you read it atleast 1 time. It explains the most in the game but there is alot to learn just played about 3 weeks now and enjoy the game alot. Gonna be here for a while. Got myself a great mentor:yay: so get 1 fast who can learn you some too.

Cya ingame

+rep

NICE:) THX

A must read for new players and old alike....keep it up Alice.

BTW Drop me a line on this subject please...I have a suggestion.

Bags

A must read for new players and old alike....keep it up Alice.

BTW Drop me a line on this subject please...I have a suggestion.

Bags
i try to keep it up

i got a suggestion to change a little TP route, that was my latest update like a week ago :)

whats your suggestion?

how can i print it if its never final???/
>.<

I have a couple of copies here already.........

well as its developing all the time if you want to print it it will be lots of copies.
EU is so big and there will allways be stuff added to guides so there is no end I think. Just print and be happy ;)

how can i print it if its never final???/
>.<

I have a couple of copies here already.........
i know you use window mode Tedders, no need to print :p

besides, you never read it anyway #D

i know you use window mode Tedders, no need to print :p

besides, you never read it anyway #D

thats unfair...
i print in the hope that the knowledge will float out the pages into my brain >.<

and yeah i read it...
not entirely but i read a couple of parts that were interesting to me ;)

I read it alot allways something new that I will learn, nice to take a bath and read some ;)

Wow!

Seriously.... :bowdown:

I am somewhat of a serious :newbie:

so this will help out ALOT...especially since my mentor is in a completely different time zone situation. I really appreciate all the work that went into this, and I must resist the temptation to print this out...

Thank you so much for what you have done!

Berwick

P.S. once I figure out how to do the +rep bit, you so deserve it!

Another update? Guess I need to redownload it again. Not a complaint though, who needs a printed copy when windows mode works so well? I don't know how much outdated information I read before finding this guide, no wonder I was confused about some things as basic as newbie jumpsuit color.

Alice, are you planning on updating your wonderful manual to VU 10?

Back