My next UL weapon

Hyper Dragon

Young
Society
Moonlight Shadow
Hyper Dragon Hypernautics
Now that im at the awkward lvls of 22 laser dmg (ranged lased (dmg) if you will) and lvl 21 laser pistoleer (hit) (both my highest) i dont know what my next weapon should be. I already have a Karma Killer (sux i shot my own karma) two repedge battle axe 2x0, i was thinking that i should get a gun that is less ammo consuming (*stares at blp weapons*) and does about same dps. But when i look at the wiki and look at the blp pistols and rifles all i see alot of guns that i cant break down to buy. So im looking for some outside helpers for my decision making. Also dont choose something with monster decay (by that i mean not a decay that would belong to melee, not that i have anything against them).

PS: something around the price of karma killer im willing to go tt+400
PPS: my blp dmg and pistol hit are both lvl 16 and blp sniper is like lvl 10
PPPS: i dont mind using the SIB of the blp for a while up to lvl 20

Hmm considering u r using karma killer at lvl20 I found u could be surprised by any decay)) really uneco way )) gel L weapons at ur lvl and skill up))

Gently is 100% right, even paying MU on (L) weapons you'd be better off than you are using the karma killer with such low skills. Most people generally stick to SIB weapons until level 70. Eco wise it's not so much the decay on the weapon you need to look at as the damage done per pec spent. With your skills a karma killer is about 2.2 damage per pec, that's really pretty low.

oh dear

Ya they are right I hate to think how much ammo ya wasted on Karma Killer, its a great gun when ya level 70 though. Try LR32 for laser rifle and Hl6 for laser pistol, hl8 in another level or two. Limited weapons are hard to comprehend at first but worth getting to know the benefits of using them maxed. You can buy unlimited hl6 but they are very pricey, just know there is nothing wrong with using limited weaps to get your skill up.

Good luck.

JIAN!

p5a,hl6,hl8=win

Ya they are right I hate to think how much ammo ya wasted on Karma Killer, its a great gun when ya level 70 though. Try LR32 for laser rifle and Hl6 for laser pistol, hl8 in another level or two. Limited weapons are hard to comprehend at first but worth getting to know the benefits of using them maxed. You can buy unlimited hl6 but they are very pricey, just know there is nothing wrong with using limited weaps to get your skill up.

Good luck.

JIAN!

Yah, definitely go for either a geotrek taurus or lr32(if the damage range is close to max for you at this point). UL weapons are not your friend right now.

In your price range, you might be able to get an HL8 UL.

Other than that, start saving up.

ouch. I can't believe no one in your society didn't tell you about this. I shiver at the thought of you using that karma killer for so long while being so unskilled.

I don'T know which amp you use. However, there are plenty of options (L) to go which give you a better dps AND eco with your skills. Some examples: p5a + A104, CB19+beast and plenty more. No reason to stick to the KK at your level. Except you are a miner and just kill maybe 5 mobs per day. But for more dps with your skills you will hardly find alternatives within your pricerange

Yah, definitely go for either a geotrek taurus or lr32(if the damage range is close to max for you at this point).
Might be a while since my laser sniper lvl is only 13.

I can't believe no one in your society didn't tell you about this.
I generally make my own decisions, and I think they encouraged me. Even so, I would ask for their input.

I don'T know which amp you use.
Can't really use an amp because its just a deeper hole in my pocket, but i have an a103 lying around.

Reason why I bother to ask is because I can't keep paying XXX for a new gun, i chose the KK because it was UL and it was not a PED eater. Also, idk why everyone recommends the 32 when the taurus is pretty much same thing just with a slightly smaller dps but has better decay.

p5a,hl6,hl8=win

what he said... and if you can catch one of them UL then even more. At least if you have a liking for ul ofc...
not sure if everyone does.

Im using old style unl weapons to... At my huntinghours/day i seem to lose about as much with unl as with L

Im using old style unl weapons to... At my huntinghours/day i seem to lose about as much with unl as with L

well I did a funny test with rippersnapper with s60/cb13 both are similair with eco and other stats so you would say loot results should be the same. Strangly the outcome was that the cb13 had a better result and I lost 50 ped lesser then with s60.

so I believe you are btter off matching your weapon with the mobs and mix them up a bit to see what results are and then pick your gun for that mob

for pistol stick to korss 400/p5a....don't buy korss 400....instead buy p5a (to spend less on MU)...use it only when needed or asked for ..hunting with laser pistol at a higher level is much more costly (in terms of MU than blp rifle).....

Dump laser carbine (they all have high MU after lr 32)..It's an waste to spend on MU.....so as minimum on MU as possible

BLP rifle is best... coz cb13 and 19 both are very cheap in terms of MU.....cb19 + beast would give you reasonable damge, and skill up on this line until you max out cb24 or APIS....Apis being a crafted weapon has a price stability and when combined with dante would give excellent result for a long period of time...

At Uber level (lvl100) UL is your best friend if u can afford!

Personally, I don't mind spending on non-MU decay (not missed shots on UL weapon, and not by over kill)

Well, that's my opinion... plz feel free to criticize me....I'm always willing to learn!

Last edited:
I can`t really say what to get. But I am definitely for always keeping an unlimited weapon around. Limited weapons are great. But there will be times when you only have 100PED or so and a broken limited weapon. In these cases you can always slap a few PED on it for repairs and be back in the game. Whereas if you only use limited weapons you`d have to deposit or sell stuff you otherwise might not want to. Limited weapons are great for sib and bang for the buck when it comes to damage. But on the other hand you`ll always need a bit of PED extra above ammo and repair costs to get a new one. So unless you like to deposit all the time the UL weapons are a players best friend. They may not always be the most eco, But they can get you back in the game cheap in the short term to get that next global or hof that allows you to buy more L stuff without depositing again.

I never seem to be able to keep more than a few hundred PED on my card anymore. So unless I deposit just for a weapon I would`nt be playing without UL stuff. If PED lasted close to what it used to I might be more inclined to do that. But I can see a 100USD deposit being gone in a few days otherwise anymore.

This isn't rocket science. You're using an extremely inefficient weapon at your level. A lot of the inefficiency is hidden in ammo costs. Using a UL weapon at this stage for any reason other than fun factor or not caring about eco is just plain wrong.

About the taurus/lr32. Not sure where you're getting your numbers from. When maxed out, the taurus +a104 does 2.8dmg/pec and the lr32 +a104 does 2.875dmg/pec. Give or take depending on markup fluctuations. The lr32 is one of the best eco sib limited weapons I've seen.

As for amp 'burning hole in pocket'. That makes no sense. The amp greatly increases your dmg/pec, period. Yes, your repair bill will be higher because of decay on the amp. But you'll have less armor decay and mobs will heal less because they will die faster, which saves ammo. Plus you're saving yourself time by killing faster.

UL weapons are cool. I wish I could use one, but it's too inefficient right now. UL needs to be earned unless you want to throw eco out the window.

Cheers,

-Sky

PS. Sorry if this sounded a bit temperamental. I just hate seeing posts talking about this run or that proving there wasn't much of a difference or there being some reason why keeping a UL around 'just in case' is a great idea. This is math, not voodoo. Math says UL is inefficient until the late game. Ignorance tells lies, not math.

This is math, not voodoo. Math says UL is inefficient until the late game. Ignorance tells lies, not math.

ignorance is a funny creature. have you actually tested returns from two different weapons over a long period, or are you relying on the numbers in a table based on a single shot?

ignorance is a funny creature. have you actually tested returns from two different weapons over a long period, or are you relying on the numbers in a table based on a single shot?

The people who wrote the weapon guides on Entropedia, and here on the Forum, did the tests.

are u saying that returns depend on the gun itself and not the dmg/pec that is inflicted? Because arguing that KK at lvl 20 is way more expensive to use then p5 (let alone he finds amps overrated) is quet silly.

Discussion about (L) vs. (UL) aside... if you're looking for your next UL weapon then just get whatever you want! It's not going to be eco for you at all and after reading all these replies if you still want an UL non SIB weapon then I can only assume that you don't care about eco.

With that in mind, your next UL weapon should be something with damage appropriate for the mobs you want to hunt and within your price range, just check auctions / sell threads here and see what turns up.

Can't really use an amp because its just a deeper hole in my pocket, but i have an a103 lying around.

You don'T know how much PEDs you already wasted for that setup. You pay alot of money to pay using 22 dps, you could get that a lot cheaper when using a P4a + A104. Same dps as unamped KK but a lot cheaper

P.S and KK with that skills is a PED eater

What mobs do you usually hunt? Which ones are you planning to hunt in the near future?

are u saying that returns depend on the gun itself and not the dmg/pec that is inflicted? Because arguing that KK at lvl 20 is way more expensive to use then p5 (let alone he finds amps overrated) is quet silly.

Well the constant in this calculation is the cost per time. KK has a cost for b damage output.
That equals a relative constant cost per invested playtime to do the d amount of clicks ( how many mobes are ever killed in this amount of time ). We can calculate the same amount of damage output cost more for the KK unless maxed than the p5a.

We have also a variable in this calculation. A pretty much fluctuating variable called loot. I did some tests over a small sample size of a few kPED comparing p5a with 2910. I got back ~90% for both weapons over the testing period, but every run was 30 PED more expensive with the 2910. Do the math ;)

I did some tests over a small sample size of a few kPED comparing p5a with 2910. I got back ~90% for both weapons over the testing period, but every run was 30 PED more expensive with the 2910. Do the math ;)

So, pretending a 500 ped hunt cost w/ the p5a you got 450 back, losing 50 ped

And the 2910 was 530 cost and got back 477 back, losing 53 ped.

Does this sound about right?

If so, this jives with what my testing and research have borne out. Thanks.

are u saying that returns depend on the gun itself and not the dmg/pec that is inflicted?

no im higlighting its funny for someone to claim others are ignorant if they rely only on tiny subsets of data and don't test things themselves. my personal experience is that eco or non-eco setups dont matter an awful lot if you just aren't "in the zone". dmg/pec is just about the costs, not the returns.

no im higlighting its funny for someone to claim others are ignorant if they rely only on tiny subsets of data and don't test things themselves. my personal experience is that eco or non-eco setups dont matter an awful lot if you just aren't "in the zone". dmg/pec is just about the costs, not the returns.

dmg / pec is about keeping costs down so you get to keep more of the returns.

So, pretending a 500 ped hunt cost w/ the p5a you got 450 back, losing 50 ped

And the 2910 was 530 cost and got back 477 back, losing 53 ped.

Does this sound about right?

If so, this jives with what my testing and research have borne out. Thanks.

Yes basically it comes down to something like that. Meant for me for the occasional hunter who hunts maybe 3 hours a week or for the miner who needs to free a claim and kills maybe 10 mobs per day oldschool UL is a viable alternative. For all those who kill 1000s of mobs doing 5 or more amp runs per day maxed SIB gear already saves a lot of money and makes oldschool on low level unbearable ( unless extremly high bankroll ofc )

Don't put words in my mouth. I called no one ignorant and I said nothing about testing things for yourself. I spoke only about damage / pec and maximizing it. The ignorance statement was added for those who might argue that people have been wrong, mathematically, in the past. In those cases the math wasn't wrong, the people simply used math wrong, due to ignorance.

As for loot returns being based on weapons...good luck testing that with any measure of real statistical accuracy. The variables involved are incredibly complex and that's just in terms of the variables we KNOW about. Maybe loot actually is modified by weapon, but I can't imagine anyone ever getting a sample size large enough to prove it.

Cheers,

-Sky

Last edited:
still no answer?

What mobs do you usually hunt? Which ones are you planning to hunt in the near future?
Usually, I hunt... warriors droka drone occasional trox, i generally jump around.
In the future I plan to hunt medium ambulimaxes and medium atroxes.
I feel the same way.
Ignorance tells lies, not math.
Ignorance is bliss.

Usually, I hunt... warriors droka drone occasional trox, i generally jump around.
In the future I plan to hunt medium ambulimaxes and medium atroxes.

For the drones, just get an ep-40. Cheap, and you'll have good results.

For the droka, warriors, etc. Keep the KK, but grab either rocket launchers, or a fireforge for tagging. Start shooting them from a distance, and by the time they reach you, the KK will be just fine.

Ambu, atrox & other high regen mobs are a pain at your lvl. The KK really won't give enough dmg/sec to kill them fast enough. You'll lose your peds due to too high armor/fap cost.

Hunt those for fun when you can afford it, using hl6, hl8, cb19, cb21, or whatever maxed (L) weapon give the most dmg/sec based on your skill lvl.

That setup should keep you happy for quite some time.

Back