My Sweating Tutorial for Beginners

yoshihiro

Old
Society
cK Shadows
Yoshihiro Yoshi Kagae
Hopefully this covers everything you need to know to start sweating

Intro
Sweating basically means collecting Vibrant Sweat from a monster. Vibrant Sweat is one of the ingredients to create Mind Essence, an item needed to fuel and execute certain Mindforce actions. Sweating is an action that you can do for free and thus is one of the main sources of income for people who are low on ped and are unable to deposit. Even if you do deposit, you can sweat for a bit. Benefits of sweating includes gaining skills such as Evade, Athletics, Psyche, Intelligence, Concentration, Courage, Alertness. In this tutorial, I will explain how to get to a popular sweating location and some tips to sweating.

Part 1: Getting to Swamp Camp
Swamp Camp(coordinates 61223, 77057)* is one of the popular spots for people to gather and sweat monsters together. It's advisable to sweat together as it lowers the chances of you dying and hence allowing you to collect more sweat.
*Press P in game to see your avatar's current coordinates.

Firstly, look for this path in Port Atlantis. Follow this path.
firstpath_790195.jpg

See this dirt path in front of you, follow it till you reach the camp. It's going to take maybe 5 to 10 minutes till you reach the swamp camp.
2ndpath.jpg

You have reached!
reached.jpg

Part 2: Getting to business
First you have to equip your VSE Mk 1. This is the tool you will use to sweat monsters. You can find it in your inventory in the tab circled in red.

inventory.jpg

You can right click the VSE Mk 1 to equip the tool.

To make things easier for future use, you can create a hotkey for your VSE Mk 1. Press 'L' in game to bring out your panel editor. This should pop out.
editpanel.jpg

While this is out, you can click and drag your VSE Mk 1 into your entropia interface to create a new icon to access your VSE Mk 1. You can also press 'G' to open up your hotkey configuration. Drag and drop the VSE Mk 1 into the keyboard layout to create a new shortcut for your VSE Mk 1.
createahotkey_348582.jpg

See that I have created a new icon for my Entropia display and assigned a hotkey '5' to it.

Now you can begin sweating. I would advise that you zoom in all the way to a first person view to make sweating easier. Walk to a monster and target it with your crosshair. With your VSE Mk 1 equipped, simply left click the monster or press the hotkey that you have created for your VSE Mk 1 to being sweating.
targetmob.jpg

Don't fret if your VSE Mk 1 "clicks" and doesn't seem to work. Just keep trying and soon a green beam would appear and you would be gathering sweat :) This is what you should see.
sweating.jpg

After the collection have completed successfully, a loot box will appear showing the number of sweat you have collected. The first reward of your labour!
fruitsofsuccess.jpg

Something to note!
There are ways where you can fail to sweat.
1. If you lose aim at the monster or another monster comes between your beam and interrupts you, or the monster moves too far away. You will fail your sweating. This is the message you will receive.
targetlost.jpg

2. Sweating will fail if you are hit while having the green beam up.
damaged.jpg

3. A monster will only carry a limited amount of sweat. Once all the sweat has been harvested off of the monster. It becomes "dry".
drymob.jpg

4. You cannot sweat a monster that resides in water.

5. You cannot sweat a dead monster.

Part 3: Now for some tips!
Toggle Auto-Use Tool
It would suck if you have to keep clicking away or mashing away on your hotkey to continuously sweat. There is a simple solution! Open up your panel editor again. Click the Action Library button in the Edit Panel window and look for Toggle Auto-Use Tool. Now create a shortcut for it!
toggle_729172.jpg

Equip the VSE Mk 1 then use the Toggle Auto-Use Tool shortcut. What this magic function does is that. Once you activate it, it works as though you are constantly trying to use your VSE Mk 1! It'll make sweating a lot simpler.

Selling your sweat
You can sell your sweat to other players. I know it can be exciting and you want to receive your first gains from sweating. But try to hold out for a day or two. Listen to how much people are offering for the sweat and how much people are willing to sell the sweat for. Then you can have a rough idea of how much you should price your sweat. I prefer to sell my sweat in quantities of thousands. 1000, 2000, 3000, etc.

Being Courteous
Be polite to other people at the swamp camp. Occasionally there are some helpful players that visit the swamp camp to help heal us sweaters or help in any other way. By practising the basics of courtesy, it'll keep everybody happy and you can get some free help too!

Don't run away from monsters
It is ok if the monster is right beside you and whacking you left and right. If you run around and pull the monster along with you, it makes it harder for everyone else to sweat. Sometimes the monster is on you, sometimes its on someone else. If no one moves, it makes it a lot easier for everyone :). Dying is fine, you would not lose anything from dying. :D
In fact, stay close to monsters. When you stay close to the monster, theres a lesser chance something could come between your beam to interrupt your sweating. If everyone forms a small circle around the sweat victim, the monster would run around less, and hence make everyone's sweating much much easier.

Alternative spots
I know another alternative spot for sweating which is at Nea's Place. You will have to do a run to get to Nea's Place and that'll take pretty long for me to explain in depth. Try to find the coordinates around in the forums and make the run there. There are pretty strong monsters in Nea's Place which could one or two-shot-kill you, but with a big group of sweaters there you can get quite a bunch of sweat before dying. The rate of gaining sweat from different monsters are the same though. However the amount of sweat that a monster can hold differs accordingly to their hp. The higher the HP of a monster, the more sweat it holds, and thus the longer it takes to "dry" the mob.

The End!

As far as I know, having a high sweating skill/low sweating skill does not affect your speed in sweating. I like to think its a measure of how patient you were at sweating and it could be like a sort of personal achievement :D

Its the end of my sweating guide. I hope I was able to help you understand more of sweating. Please tell me if you spot any mistakes or know where I could improve on this guide :):) I am also quite a noob myself. Good luck and have fun sweating!

Last edited:
is my guide not good? :<

Thanks! i thought no one looked at it. haha!

I would just add that sweating is probably easiest with a group of three people. With more people, such as happens at Neas, people get in the way of each other. If you are two people it is best if you stand either side of the mob, preferably as far away from each other as you can whilst still having the mob in range. WIth a bit of luck a lot of the time the mob will run backwards and forwards between you, still in range but not doing any damage.

Back