FYI: My theory on perception!

Gluepot

Elite
Society
Obsidian Order
Daina Gluepot Rendar
Well many people think that perception means there is a great loot coming.... I think that my thoughts on perception are depicted pretty well with the pictures below :)

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

+

End product...... :wise: :bs:
Thank you for your time. You may discuss your theories on perception, and I'll discuss mine back :D

once i reach 20k in perception, i ll have x-ray vision

Very interesting theory indeed...

I can only make preliminary tests at the moment, but I do think this can truly revolutionize the way we understand the the underlying framework that govern the universal loot-patterns of the Entropian Universe...

Well done Daina ;)

I think you may be onto something there... careful though, MA might change the code now that you have cracked it.

I been thinking this for awhile. For anyone that pm me talking about perception no offense but this is what I think. Guys it might help shooting and mining.. who knows crafting but loot :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Lets be real if you could predict your loot easily MA would go broke. The day I see data not opinion on perception I will be a believer. But guess what.. the day its proven to work.. MA WILL NERF IT :laugh::laugh:

:laugh:

Daina is that what you picked up with perc? Be sure to wash your hands.

so finding dung while hunting cornoanterions means you hit an ath? :scratch2:

veeeery interesting theory. :laugh:

well my 5.5k allo hof said otherwise lol. but thats pretty funny :D:laugh:

so finding dung while hunting cornoanterions means you hit an ath? :scratch2:

veeeery interesting theory. :laugh:

But can you carry dung with you while hunting Corno and still get the same result?? :D

I don`t know about anyone else but I never hit even dung when I`m getting perception hits. I`ve been aware of the theory for years now and always stay alert when I`m getting the gains. So far all I percieve is there is nothing in the area.

I don`t know about anyone else but I never hit even dung when I`m getting perception hits. I`ve been aware of the theory for years now and always stay alert when I`m getting the gains. So far all I percieve is there is nothing in the area.

for me when mining its usually percp then i find some fruit / or hit a slighty bigger mining claim.( but not everytime of course)

first you smell it then your brain percieves what it is you stood in ,shouldnt be that hard to understand

Perception is just a skill and it helps for the following Professions:

Code:
Animal Investigator 5%
Animal Tamer 1%
BLP Pistoleer (Hit) 2%
BLP Sniper (Hit) 2%
Brawler (Hit) 2%
Decoy Dispenser 14%
Gauss Sniper (Hit) 2%
Grenadier (Hit) 2%
Humanoid Investigator 5%
Knifefighter (Hit) 2%
Laser Pistoleer (Hit) 2%
Laser Sniper (Hit) 2%
Mutant Investigator 5%
One Handed Clubber (Hit) 2%
Pet Handler 2%
Plasma Pistoleer (Hit) 2%
Plasma Sniper (Hit) 2%
Prospector 5%
Robot Investigator 5%
Surveyor 5%
Swordsman (Hit) 2%
Two Handed Clubber (Hit) 2%
Whipper (Hit) 2%

So you get Perception gains while doing those Professions, nothing more nothing less..

Perception is just a skill and it helps for the following Professions:

Code:
Animal Investigator 5%
Animal Tamer 1%
BLP Pistoleer (Hit) 2%
BLP Sniper (Hit) 2%
Brawler (Hit) 2%
Decoy Dispenser 14%
Gauss Sniper (Hit) 2%
Grenadier (Hit) 2%
Humanoid Investigator 5%
Knifefighter (Hit) 2%
Laser Pistoleer (Hit) 2%
Laser Sniper (Hit) 2%
Mutant Investigator 5%
One Handed Clubber (Hit) 2%
Pet Handler 2%
Plasma Pistoleer (Hit) 2%
Plasma Sniper (Hit) 2%
Prospector 5%
Robot Investigator 5%
Surveyor 5%
Swordsman (Hit) 2%
Two Handed Clubber (Hit) 2%
Whipper (Hit) 2%

So you get Perception gains while doing those Professions, nothing more nothing less..

Yep I know ;)

+rep @ threadstarterette because funny girls rock.

i cant say nothing regarding perception, just play since 2006 and so, im still a noob.

but you mean, holding a high skill of perception is like high skill @ sweat gathering? feels good, but nothing else :confused:

+rep @ threadstarterette because funny girls rock.

i cant say nothing regarding perception, just play since 2006 and so, im still a noob.

but you mean, holding a high skill of perception is like high skill @ sweat gathering? feels good, but nothing else :confused:

no perception is a part of many professions just like Henceforth said.
and it gives HP to. afaik sweat gathering only helps that single (worthless?) profession and doesn't even give the slightest bit of HP.
Perception is not useless, but it's not the golden key to success either :p

Well many people think that perception means there is a great loot coming.... I think that my thoughts on perception are depicted pretty well with the pictures below :)

+

End product...... :wise: :bs:
Thank you for your time. You may discuss your theories on perception, and I'll discuss mine back :D

Have you reading my theries book or what? :D

im not 100% sure about this but i think perception also increases the distance at which ground spawning items can be seen . im basing this on memory of when i started playing and to see dung/fruit i had to be almost stood on it , but now i can see it several meters away. weather this is something which MA have changed for everyone or indeed a result of greater perception i dont know.

What weapon were you using?

i was about to reply just mk5 but this forum doesn't like short replys, so i have to say A3 Justifier MK V...

i was about to reply just mk5 but this forum doesn't like short replys, so i have to say A3 Justifier MK V...

Did you happen to get a Laser Weaponry Technology skillgain or a Rifle skillgain on that mob?

Did you happen to get a Laser Weaponry Technology skillgain or a Rifle skillgain on that mob?

Commando+dex grouping hell yea, rifle maybe, lwt/anathomy very unlikely.

If you're after some quasi-solid logical conclusion, start by searching any other skill where 1 green line brings you more than 1.5 whole levels with one green line @4500+.

Commando+dex grouping hell yea, rifle maybe, lwt/anathomy very unlikely.

If you're after some quasi-solid logical conclusion, start by searching any other skill where 1 green line brings you more than 1.5 whole levels with one green line @4500+.

OMG you got Commando skill before your HoF?? Every time you get Commando there must be a good loot near by!!!

OMG you got Commando skill before your HoF?? Every time you get Commando there must be a good loot near by!!!

Clever. :rolleyes:

I'm not perception holy roller - meaning imo perc or any other skillgain explicitly means something - but I've actually hunted enough to reckon that skills you gain are linked to other conditions. Just like actual loot (the one that goes in your inventory) is linked to something - which i believe is combo of avatar, area, etc.

Now think about this one (and it's not off topic):
You shoot something and even if you interact with your mob perfectly, you miss shots because of the system. Bombing and probing is usually thougth as omnidirectional shite, meaning you don't miss as long your depth is right. Wrong. If you get claims by rebombing, you have missed claims with the first bomb. Poster of funny bull + shit pictures may not take this as valid example of possibility of "misses" in looting because looting in mining vs. looting mobs could be seen as completely separate things.

Bottom line(s): the word "random" is noob talk in this skills/loot context and killing ATH mob at ATH time may come as no loot.

(will elaborate after being thrown with shit by angry client)

Back