My thoughts on the skill increase bonus

Ace Flyster

Marauder
Dave Ace Flyster
Hi all,

I have presumed that MA introduced this to increase peds spent. In my view i doubt it will change much.

From what i can gather you need to hunt for a long period of time to get it, and it lasts approx 5-6mins. Which you lose if you die. And in a few cases you may spend a lot of that time actually finding mobs to hunt.

It seems like MA had a great idea and didnt implement it to have the desired effect.

Going back to my premise. If the sole reason is to increase turnover, this would have been better.

Every hour of hunt skill bonus of 5 mins.

or

Every 5 hours of hunt skill bonus of 30 mins.

Which doesnt disappear upon death. If on the other hand you have to spend 10 hours for a 5 mins skill bonus. That seems kinda pointless to me.

If on the other hand my premise is wrong and MA introduced it purely for a little added extra, then it is all good.

I suppose it really comes down to why MA did it.

Rgds

Ace

The important question is.

Does this bonus affect sweat gather skill.:dunce::wise:

they could just put some skill boost stuff in loot instead so you could insert them when you are prepared to use them.

It's great that they did it and I got my first skillbonus today.
After chopping through ~650 ped on my club i was almost finished when I got my skillbonus. My club lasted for 3,5 minute and then it broke....

This could be an idea.

they could just put some skill boost stuff in loot instead so you could insert them when you are prepared to use them.

I started to track the normal skill gain doing screenshots to be able to mesure precisely the increase during normal skilling and bonus skilling with the most appearing skill at least for me, Laser Weaponry Tech.

But the new skill box changed suddenly from LWT to Treatment for no reason, and I was NOT fapping, so why this change ? I guess nobody will be able to give an answer, unless the fact that it becomes simply impossible to track anything in normal or in bonus.

So yeah, I pretty agree with you Ace for doing this thread.

Btw, we don't have any notion of how high is the bonus rate, it could be 3% meaning so small that with or without would change nothing.
30-50% would be a minimum to be called a bonus.

Back