even if I'm reluctant to post it here, since there really might a discussion ^^

i doubt it is off topic, since it is kinda PE/EU

so, here it is, more or less finished

but i don't know when i have time again to update it :p

my website :)

http://alice.apache-root-server.de/

so, if you want to discuss, feel free to do so

to the mods, if its the wrong forum, feel free to move it :D

i was given several ideas what i should add already (well, the site exists since some time now, just that i didn't make it that official)
but still, I'm open for suggetion

i might add that I am a website programming noob ^^
so, the realising of suggestion might be a bit above my capalities

anyway enjoy (hopefully)

and yes, i know the maps are a bit outdated :rolleyes:

edit, i might add that the contact feature is a bit buggy :p
generally it works :D
just not all the time

Last edited:
Really nice work Alice :)

Really nice and original design!

nice work, but to heavy for loading :)

Very nice work.
I'm lucky and proud to be member of this soc.

Alice, that is a fantastic site, really impressed!

I think the MA site could learn a bit from you - this sort of design would attract new players i think!

thx all :)

Alice, that is a fantastic site, really impressed!

I think the MA site could learn a bit from you - this sort of design would attract new players i think!
thing is, that is absolute noob work ^^

i have no idea of website programming tbh

i searched for examples of what i wanted to have, and adjusted that code with minor knowledge of VBA and Pascal :p

and i used try and error methods several times :D

edit, thanks to a good friend of mine who did the php around :)

Looks really good! :eek:

Very nice work, I was expecting another forum or generic script with a few modications and EU gifs....it was a nice surprise to see something new and original REALLY based on the game.

I have a few small suggestions ...not criticism as I like it a lot and know you'll work on it as it's your baby :)

Depending on if you ever want it on Google etc ...flash won't help you there, maybe a landing page with a choice of flash or straight to the standard site links would help with that, and also help anyone with a slow connection or disabled (it's law to do that here and in many countries now.... accessibility for all. )
Search engine bots can't index swf yet very well, so a link to the text version will help there ...even if only under the embedded swf as a route for bots only to follow to get to the meat.

The page code doctype etc are hooky as hell and / or missing but you probably knew that and since it works well enough who cares :) .

I think you could probably make the filesize smaller but it's not too bad for a flash file really, the top banner however would be much better cropped to allow the lower part of the swf to fit in better on some viewers monitors because it doesn't now and one of the links and the water animation is off screen at 1024x768 pixels which is pretty common if not the most common.

I'll stop there or you'll think I don't like it when it's the nicest EU related site I've seen yet. I know everyone who sees it will love it....so it's worth trying to get as many there as possible isn't it ? :)

Noob work you say modestly, but it's imaginative and well thought out unlike many sites that pros make...the rest is just tinkering to make if better over time, VU's if you will :laugh:.

t

Real nice! :)

Just awesome Alice! :eek: with Flash skills u can accomplish miracles obviously! ;) Good job and a very well earned +rep! :wtg:

I really Like it too and I second Pink's thoughts, it could be a clever way to create a tutorial...

Great site Alice :) Keep up the good work :)

I'd +rep you but it seems I've given out too much in the last 24 hours...

Gratz! Great website. This is the kind of site that helps alot of peeps out there. You should def be commended!

:D

Very nice work, I was expecting another forum or generic script with a few modications and EU gifs....it was a nice surprise to see something new and original REALLY based on the game.

I have a few small suggestions ...not criticism as I like it a lot and know you'll work on it as it's your baby :)

Depending on if you ever want it on Google etc ...flash won't help you there, maybe a landing page with a choice of flash or straight to the standard site links would help with that, and also help anyone with a slow connection or disabled (it's law to do that here and in many countries now.... accessibility for all. )
Search engine bots can't index swf yet very well, so a link to the text version will help there ...even if only under the embedded swf as a route for bots only to follow to get to the meat.

The page code doctype etc are hooky as hell and / or missing but you probably knew that and since it works well enough who cares :) .

I think you could probably make the filesize smaller but it's not too bad for a flash file really, the top banner however would be much better cropped to allow the lower part of the swf to fit in better on some viewers monitors because it doesn't now and one of the links and the water animation is off screen at 1024x768 pixels which is pretty common if not the most common.

I'll stop there or you'll think I don't like it when it's the nicest EU related site I've seen yet. I know everyone who sees it will love it....so it's worth trying to get as many there as possible isn't it ? :)

Noob work you say modestly, but it's imaginative and well thought out unlike many sites that pros make...the rest is just tinkering to make if better over time, VU's if you will :laugh:.

t
:D

do you know how happy i am that it works ? :p

the first who sais "this site was made by a noob" i will say "hell yeah" to him :silly2:

and thx ;)

i might go into it if i find the time again

ehh

ehh its okay if this is your first time.

I liked it very much!

Maybe you could hid a pixel size button there with some secret. :)

I liked it very much!

Maybe you could hid a pixel size button there with some secret. :)

And how do you know she didn't? :D

Great site, Alice! I actually use it often to find the maps, guide, etc.

Great site alice, I have been recommending your guide to new players for some time now as it is so much better than anything that the main Entropia site offers.

Thanks for the work Alice

And how do you know she didn't? :D

Great site, Alice! I actually use it often to find the maps, guide, etc.
aaaah

youre this frequent user !

i wondered who that is some since time now :D

sidenote, this anouncement thing is such a thing

dont have much to announce actually :)

but maybe i might beed it some day

An excellent and refreshingly different website.

But why are you standing in the water? A minor and relatively irrelevant point but it just struck me as a little odd.

:)

An excellent and refreshingly different website.

But why are you standing in the water? A minor and relatively irrelevant point but it just struck me as a little odd.

:)

i wanted to see if i can get the vid going

actually, a vid around an object (me) in the water
tried to see how it looks like

and i had enough stuff on land already :)

Great Work !!

Exelent "unofficial" Manual for Eu ;)

should be official ;)

/Macce

Great Work !!

Exelent "unofficial" Manual for Eu ;)

should be official ;)

/Macce
nope

i thought about asking MA about making the guide official
but they could keep their finger on it
what i dislike, this way its mine ^^

i won't get supported by MA, but thats life ;)

Just want to add my appreciation to those who've already said it. Your site was very nice looking when I saw it a month or so ago, and it still looks very nice. I particularly like the animated storage when you mouse over it :D

Now let me see...why can't I click on the city alarm mast to get help... :silly2:

Anyway another very good piece of work, just like your guide...

+rep :)

I think you have done an excellent job with the site. Gratz! :)

The only thing I could possibly comment is that the flash is too high. On my portable (res. 1280 x 800) it does not quite fit in height and I have to scroll. If you take the banner off and put "Rising Potentials" in the flash it might look better and fit just about anyones resolution.

Aside from that minor thing, it is really nice and shows that you put alot of work into it. (+rep)

Cheers :beerchug:

thx :D
Now let me see...why can't I click on the city alarm mast to get help... :silly2:
alright, i searched a position for a button anyway
that might be one ^.-

I think you have done an excellent job with the site. Gratz! :)

The only thing I could possibly comment is that the flash is too high. On my portable (res. 1280 x 800) it does not quite fit in height and I have to scroll. If you take the banner off and put "Rising Potentials" in the flash it might look better and fit just about anyones resolution.

Aside from that minor thing, it is really nice and shows that you put alot of work into it. (+rep)
banner wasn't my work, gotta speak with my friend about that :D (the one who did the php too)

This is best looking EU website ever made. Too bad flash lags EU, so you have to use such websites with a price when in you play in window mode or alt tab, entropiauniverse.exe is flash made also that also lags like hell. You get like 15-20 fps increase after u close down flash website.

Back