Names, when does MA step in?

Status

binfordw

Prowler
Bit of a whine I suppose-

"Cry Binga Cry"

Has got to be one of the most tasteless names I've seen in some time . At what point does MA step in and ban/ force changes? Poking fun at a little girl losing her dad, just seems a bit over the edge to me.

Poking fun at a little girl losing her dad, just seems a bit over the edge to me.

:scratch2:

I assume this relates to some sort of news story in your area. Perhaps it would be useful to post a link to the story or share some of the details?

did a google and i couldnt find anything something about a farmer being bit in half by a hippo in a town called binga but otherwise no idea what ur talking about.

nope, dont get it. google tells me nothing inrelation either, other the name of a place in Zimbabwe.

on the name issue in general, MA act when you complain. with so many differnet nations and langauges it would be near impossible and certainly impractical to censor names on creation, so the simplist policy is to assume we are grown ups and (reasonable) mature, allow anything and ban or force changes to offensive names if reported.

i hope they wont do anything to this... i dont want this game to become a runescape or anything with the censored chat and shit...

Bit of a whine I suppose-

"Cry Binga Cry"

Has got to be one of the most tasteless names I've seen in some time . At what point does MA step in and ban/ force changes? Poking fun at a little girl losing her dad, just seems a bit over the edge to me.

Sorry man, but "Cry" does not float my "unacceptable" boat.

"Binga" is an area in Zimbabwe, so ditto.

If there is some reason why "Cry Binga Cry" is wrong, say it! Or link to it.

]At what point does MA step in and ban/ force changes?

When the person (AKA you) making the complaint explains why the complaint is a valid one. Tell us why it's unacceptable.

As yet, no one understands the problem you have with the name.

Poking fun at a little girl losing her dad, just seems a bit over the edge to me.

Indeed, but what little girl, and what Dad?

Last edited:
I have got rather drunk precisely 6 times in Binga :)

A great place :)

Well, not that great actually, but is where you catch the ferry to Kariba, which is a great place :)

Did a google and searched the BBC website for good measure. Couldn't find anything.

So a link would help.

But yeah, like others have said, its impossible for MA to be aware of everything that may be offensive given that people are playing all over the world and speak different languages. If something is offensive, report it to MA and explain why its offensive.

if you are you trying to reference steve irwins kid, it obviously isn't something everyone connects. but isnt her name bindi?

Binfordw, reason why nothing has been done is because nobody knows what the hell you are refering too.

Nomatter what the story is, I have learned a lot about a place called Binga which I otherwise probably never would have read. SO thank you for enlightening me :)

that poor penguin

Were you thinking Binga is Bindi Irwin, the Crocodile hunters kid?

i hope they wont do anything to this... i dont want this game to become a runescape or anything with the censored chat and shit...

So if there was an Avatar named "Ruskea The Whining Nib", it wouldn't bother u eh? lol

Were you thinking Binga is Bindi Irwin, the Crocodile hunters kid?

Positive. Why the hell didn't you tell me of this new "google" thing before I posted...... :laugh:

Well if nothing else It won't bug me anymore :ahh:

Maybe hes offended when people cry:scratch2:

No penguins jokes here, mkay? ;)

Cry binfordw Cry!!!

Cry Binga Cry -- maybe he was referring to the upcoming Cryengine 2.

I expect MA will put a halt to all of the Free Tibet team names once the Chinese planet is implemented.

..still not getting why he finds the name offensive:scratch2:

LOL shit :laugh:

(nothing more to add really lol)

What?

Its nothing like his daughters name :scratch2:

(dunno why i bother posting this)

Yeah, it's like someone saying that the name 'Burn Saitv Burn' is offensive to Steve Irwin:rolleyes:

Status
Back