Nanochip Nerf

slither

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Snake Slither Hellfire
With this vu they've increased the skill requirements of nanochips, what do u guys think?

TBH i'm ok with it. Having standard and nanochips needing same skills made the standard chips obsolete. This way you can still use the power of the big chips but u need to skill up if you want the eco benefits of the nanochips.

Only thing is that they need to drop both chips, I don't think I dropped a standard chip since the big nanchip vu.

crap, all high chips would be tt food as long not many ppl have them sib/maxed

they should make those requirements when nanochips show up, now i have half of my chips useless or sib...

I agree they should have done this when they first introduced nanochips. It's also annoying that I have a bunch of elec XI chips I can't use.

Although there's few people who can use them now that won't last forever, and I think in the long run this makes the system better.

I'm surprised and ok with that.

Now, i'm waiting for the second wave of chips to come. Need chips XII -> XX
Cause i think in some time, we will have chips for sib lvl 1 to 95 like actual new weapons.

Go Go Skill ;)

PS : In fact, i was perplex our chips where sib 35 max, and in the same time, new weapons came with sib up to 95

Feith

Im not ok with it.
MF chips was weak at the levels they were before nerf compared to other ranged weapons at same level and this only makes it worse, change it back and give us higher chips instead!

MF chips was weak at the levels they were before nerf compared to other ranged weapons at same level

Hmm... checking old level requirements on Entropedia:

Electric Attack Nanochip XI (L) - 47.9 dps - req.lvl 34
Isis Project Zero-Five (L) - 47.9 dps - rec. lvl 45

Corrosive Attack Nanochip XI (L) - 46.1 dps - req. lvl 33
Isis HL14 (L) - 46.3 dps - rec. lvl 39
Isis Project Zero-Four (L) - 44.3 dps - rec. lvl 40

Electric Attack Nanochip X (L) - 43.3 dps - req. lvl 29
Herman ARK-40 (L) - 43.6 dps - rec. lvl 30

There may be some others that were indeed weak compared to guns at the same level, but at the ones I checked quickly and randomly that doesn't seem true :dunno: any examples?

(Also remember that mindforce seems to level faster than gun professions)

I will reply to one of the examples and show your big mistake Nighthawk.

Isis Project Zero-Five (L) - 47.9 dps - rec. lvl 45 WITHOUT AMP!!!!!

Isis Project Zero-Five (L) - 66.92 dps - rec. lvl 45 With Dante.

Isis Project Zero-Five (L) - 69.99 dps - rec. lvl 45 With Evil.

I will reply to one of the examples and show your big mistake Nighthawk.

That's not a mistake, though. But... if you wanna count amps for the guns you should also count the possibility of adding DPS by using Ignite chips when on MindForce, etc.

That's not a mistake, though. But... if you wanna count amps for the guns you should also count the possibility of adding DPS by using Ignite chips when on MindForce, etc.

You can still use mf dot chips to add dps to regular weapons. There are non-mf dot chips, like isis alr and the arkadia plastorches.

Its a nerf. People might well not consider it a bad nerf (more use and reson to own a bigger implant than 30 say), but it should have been stated in release notes at least upfront and explained a bit more.

I can't help but wonder if they will change other weapons out of the blue as well somtime in the future :)

Would love to see that happen after 1 year of grinding, finally maxed out a SIB gun, managed to DEPOSIT the peds for the gun, and one month later see a update where the skill req. has been increased for the gun

I really hope that will NEVER happen

Nanochips were pretty new when this skill req increase were implemented but damn straight it should have had been announced before the patch imo.

Things like this might really scare people from investing in items

I am one of those who will think three times instead of two times before a investment now that I have seen this...Even (L) guns counts for this sake =)

If you look at nanochips elec XI i had before 44/44 and now it says that my skill progress is 100% in both Electro kinetic Dmg and Hit because my lvl:s in Hit are lvl 51 and in Dmg lvl 70, so because i am maxed in both Dmg and Hit i sould have 44/44 but no its only 42/44.

You can see here....
Hmm... checking old level requirements on Entropedia:

Electric Attack Nanochip XI (L) - 47.9 dps - req.lvl 34

So its a big nerfs and stealing now because i am maxed in both Dmg and Hit and still is on 42/44 and not 44/44.

:mad:

Valentin, elec XI is now REC 47 so probably maxes 10/10 and dam at 51 but you'll need to get to 52 hit to max the number of attacks, it's the same with all SIB weaps.

I had just maxxed the Corrosive Attack Nanochip IX (L) and was going to start using the X chip, i have saved a few of them in storage, now i dont even max the VIII chip, im so dissapointed now at Mindark, changes like this is why items have dropped in value, players dont trust them anymore :(

Well, I think it's good that MF is coming more inline with standard weapons. Some are most definitely upset, but a large majority will see this as a step forward for mindforce.

Me, I see it as a reason/excuse/necessity to remodel my shop. I mean, now, I obviously MUST separate the nanochips from the regular chips, or people might get confused! :cool:

Now we just need higher level chips! To force merge and beyond!

Just wait till they balance healing chips vs L faps :D

I was maxed on all chips as of last night.

mmmm........ I was tooled up and on CP with XI chips for a hunt when I logged in.

First mob was slow, so I checked chips, thats when I noticed prof changes.

I bought XI's last night, which is frustrating.

In my opinion, there's good and bad here.

It's good you need a high "hit" requirement to use them, I think its kind of unfair to have qualified with "too much" supporting skills from other non MF professions.

I think to not be 10/10 after you have the prof level, is complete bollocks. I refuse to run anything under 10/10 after what MA has stated in the past within develpor post (so that basically makes SIB useless). Fine if they want to reduce attacks per min for SIB period (but not 10/10 that kind of rubs your face in it a bit....it says you will lose).

I was planning to hunt to FM with Pryo. I could have had FM ages ago, but wanted to do something new. But I'm getting tired now, constant changes are really tiring me out, now I got to train X to get back to XI. Think I'll just run 3 levels of electric and be done with it.

I posted this pic earlier to VU update, which show the chip is hit my pro level, but not 10/10.

On a positive note, I do love these new chips it take MF to a new level. At times it can be very very hard to trigger returns, as relying on ammo burn which is probably 99% of cost to trigger globs (chip costs are low). I have almost been scared off MF a few times and switched to guns with amps to trigger hofs.

We live with changes as always.

GL ...MF'ers.

Rick

Im not ok with it.
MF chips was weak at the levels they were before nerf compared to other ranged weapons at same level and this only makes it worse, change it back and give us higher chips instead!

I understand what you are trying to say toad, however these X and XI chips are VERY fast. I have no problem hunting on CP for example, regain is no issue when using these chip on big arse mobs.

I have even test them in domes 3 and 4, and they are superb weapons. You need to have good evade though, becasue they are like hunting with melee with no range.

Now what I now want from MA is to use there heads for the next set of chips (XII etc). If they are worried about offering even more power, then offer those chips with a bit more power then add tons of RANGE.

If they give us range, that means we will be on par with high end rifles, but would need to skill your arse off to qualify for those benefits.

I would also like strike with less cooldown or tons more power so can have a blast at the rig...lol.

Rick

The chip I was using is now no longer maxed and it doesn't even fit in my implant any more. So I have got to invest in new gear and skill up just to stay put and continue to use my things? Good thing they haven't learned yet how to do this while servers are up, so it didn't happen mid-hunt.

What happened to "not changing stats"? This is massive change.

This chips are not to powerful for the level they was before nerf, just look at the Apis, ~60 dps with dante maxxed at level 31, there is not even a MF chip that can compete with that DPS.

Nanochips are inline with melee and unamped weapons as far as skill requirements go. One of the main advantages of using guns is you can amp them, which is why most people focus on guns. Melee have their advantages (eg. not decaying if you swing wide of a mob unlike a gun which will always use ammo/decay) and MF has it's own advantages.

If you want a weapon with the power of a gun+amp then use a gun+amp. If you're not interested in the advantages that MF&melee give you then stick to gun+amp, otherwise you're gonna have to accept a lesser dam/sec over amped guns.

I just cant understand how ANYONE can be ok with this nerf, this just show us that they are capable of changing stats on items at any point, that make me feel scared, i own a imp fap, what if the raise the decay on that to match the heal/pec on all other faps?

Whilst nobody likes nerfs these were new chips which imo they got wrong and have fixed.

The system now lets you use a combustive attack chip VIII at lvl 27 (maxed lvl 32) but if you want the advantages of a nanochip of same lvl you need lvl 37 (maxed at 42 i guess).

The system now allows you the same power at the same lvl as it did, but you can gain the advatage of nano tech if you have more skills. I think this has improved the MF system overall even if I've lost the use of some of those higher lvl nanochips (for the moment).

The olds style chips are pretty powerfull. Combustive VIII does 60.1/sec compared to same REC lvl gun HL8 that did 50.2/sec, amping could put it on par with comb VIII or even a little over but that's still pretty good for MF - and you can still get that power at relatively low levels by using the old style chips (assuming they still drop:scratch2:)

Add to this the fact that MF is faster to skill due to same main skill being used on dam and hit, and I think it's now a more balanced and better system. Sure it's messed us up for a while but some things you just have to accept as shitty but better in the long run.

I see it like the old amp nerf, crap at the time but better in long run. I certainly don't think the game would be better if people were running around with isis bl100+dante doing 3 dam from weap and 31 from amp at 65 attack speed.

Check auction, there is almost no "old" chips, i think they are removed just like the old limited weapons.
Well i guess i will have to put the corrosive nano X chips in tt, will not be able to use them anyway, i just wont accept this so i stop skilling MF, the dps was sadly low before and now im pushed back 2 chip levels.

At nanochips elec XI i am hit lvl 52 now and still lvl 70 on dmg, have now 43/44 in hitability.

I think MA has made a new kind of weapon nerfs because my At nanochips elec XI is now 10/10 on hit and 10/10 on dmg but still i have 43/44 and not 44/44 at it should be...
I say only greed and FU to MA.:mad:

At nanochips elec XI i am hit lvl 52 now and still lvl 70 on dmg, have now 43/44 in hitability.

I think MA has made a new kind of weapon nerfs because my At nanochips elec XI is now 10/10 on hit and 10/10 on dmg but still i have 43/44 and not 44/44 at it should be...
I say only greed and FU to MA.:mad:

Sounds like a bug or something on your account? I am only level 55.8 damage and 52.85 hit, but I have everything maxed including the attack speed.

Sounds like a bug or something on your account? I am only level 55.8 damage and 52.85 hit, but I have everything maxed including the attack speed.

Well then i support MA with money because they dont care about bug who they dont lose money on.

Well then i support MA with money because they dont care about bug who they dont lose money on.

Have you sent a support case to them about it?

Also, how far into level 52 hit are you?

With this vu they've increased the skill requirements of nanochips, what do u guys think?

Two problems I have with it, especially electric attack nanochip IX(L):

First, the change was done a few weeks after release, and while (for me) I had bought a few in auction. That is, after I bought them (while being able to use them and for the purpose of using them myself), MA changed the stats on them from 34 to 47.

Secondly: As far as I know, the only source of teh corresponding normal chip (Electric Attack Chip XI) was by handing over materials dropped at a robot event and have them replaced with the (L) chip - ie "event prize". As far as I know, there is no way to get more/new XI chips.

To mediate it a bit, what MA should have done would be to rename the current ingame nanochips to let's say Prototype Nanochip and then drop new ones with the new stats. At least that wouldn't make us who had the chips overrun by the change, and as the chips are (L) they ones with the "wrong" stats can't be used forever.

My first impression with the nanochips was, "how nice, finally some good chips(*) at my level". Now I'm pretty much run over and my XI(L) nanochips useless. I'll keep them (the XI(L)) until next major VU and if stats aren't changed I'll throw them in TT (having lost the markup I paid for them).

(*) Again the normal XI(L) chips also are at my level but again I see them as event prizes. My best repairable attack chip is V which has decent range (unlike the (L) ones), on the other hand it's too slow to use seriously nowdays (if thinking on the huntingground I used my V chip in vu9, there is too much junkmobs like fauces/atrox/tripudion). Unless someone knows another huntingground with small foul/bigger fugas, but without junkmobs and grass.

Back