NASA MMO Educational Game Workshop

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
NASA MMO Educational Game Workshop
10 Apr 2008

Mindark are invited to to the United States on April 21 to attend the NASA Massively Multiplayer Online Educational Game Workshop and discuss visions, goals and expectations for the development of an MMO game to enhance STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics) education efforts.

Originally Posted Here

Nice one , looking forward for report

So MA are going to help NASA with that project, Thought so when I first saw the news of NASA making a MMO.

NASA planet ftw!

glad you guys went for it ;)

Good work on that! I really wasn't expecting MindArk to a) go for it or b) NASA to look the other way.

Interesting...

:popcorn:

I'm really glad that MA are going to pursue this opportunity after all. I've also recently been toying with a few ideas of my own regarding using EU as an educational platform, and as a former Scientific Consultant and "Space Science" graduate stuff like this gets me excited.

:D

Excellent....would be nice to get NASA in to fix our spacecraft so we can actually fly them in space versus just passing out....:D

looks like NASA is looking for new ideas and inspiration from Crystal Palace to continue with the development of ISS :laugh:

seriously, it will be interesting to see where does this project go

Educational game play is what NASA wants I believe. At least if I remember correctly from what they had said before. There's a lot of things that could be done with MA given the physics engine. NASA has been involved in the 3d realm for a long time so it's awesome to see them moving forward with it. They do want an educational game though and EU isn't so educational per say. There's a lot that could be done though so it will be interesting to see what MA does with this. *Tons of ideas here...*

Yes, this is nice indeed, good of MA to step up on that.

I wonder if NASA will share any tech gains with the contributors, or if it's just a one way plan... Still good, but earning a piece of the results would make MA better, and I'd like to see that. :D

Are we gonna be seeing a Mars landing? Nasa/MA r gonna create a virtual Mars and convince us all they've performed a manned mission to the real thing, just like the moon ;)

Cue all the backlash :laugh::laugh::wtg::wtg::silly2:

Selling tickets to ISS (3 seats left)

Seriously...
So what?

We will be Nasa's experimental mices too?

Cool

Wow, that's cool. :yay:

Wei hope they will make a planet for this ;) or at least a spacestation...

So does this mean I will be able to loot astronaut food? :rolleyes:

Woot...so cool!!! :yay:

MA really making a difference and are noticed.

WTG :wtg:

NASA have noticed that it might be cheaper for them to build a planet in EU and get that one populated rather than doing RL space traveling.

Though I don't know how they will react on the space pirates issue. Terrorism isn't a local (Earth) thing...

Thinking ahead this could be totally awesome if NASA virtualizes an existing moon or planet in what it looks like (colours, landscape), gravity and such. I mean this would be for all humans who simply won't be able to fly to Moon, Mars or wherever. It could be a way to simulate what it's like on a different planet and get people more interested in the universe.

Potentially very interesting development, but note it does not say that MA are the only people invited to the workshop. It would be very suprising if they were not on NASA's long shortlist for possible partners, but that is a long way from a done deal.

Anything that raises more awareness of space and our place in the natural world is a good thing. Any benefits to EU would be a bonus. There is definitely alot of potential yet to be realised on all fronts.

Thinking ahead this could be totally awesome if NASA virtualizes an existing moon or planet in what it looks like (colours, landscape), gravity and such. I mean this would be for all humans who simply won't be able to fly to Moon, Mars or wherever. It could be a way to simulate what it's like on a different planet and get people more interested in the universe.

Would be cool :D

Potentially very interesting development, but note it does not say that MA are the only people invited to the workshop. It would be very suprising if they were not on NASA's long shortlist for possible partners, but that is a long way from a done deal.

Yeah, although MA did get deals from other companies while competing with others :D hope they will get it!

Wow... Leave your money in EU...

so...loot will be decreased again ?

Why would loot be decreased? If NASA does decide to choose EU I guess that loot might be increased rather...

Nighthawk just looted a "NASA quiz book (L)" worth 50 ped....

this will be interesting :)

Back