nasty people and their poor pets

Society
NEW BORN SOULS
silver moony moonbeams
i am sick of seeing poeple tame animals and leave them to die while sweating them dry all the time untill they do die...

why isn't their penlty's for doing this?

i can understand people wanting to get their taming skills but surly as in rl they should have to look after what they tame.

one guy i saw had tamned 4 snables and just left them there...when i had a go at him he told me he couldn't afford to feed them or stable them...so why keep taming them???

maybe if someone who helps devlope this game sees this they can make neglected pets turn on their owners ...or be taken away ....just something to think about...

and i figure since this game is a rip off (but bloody good fun when you can afford to do stuff)just like real life then you should have same sort of rules on pets as in rl ...no neglect :)

There is actually an existing solution that requires one click exactly: after you sweat them and tame them and get the skills and loot, just hit "dismiss" button and the pet disappears, no need to feed or house it.

So the guy was either too lazy or too stupid to do that.

lol u'd think

no these people i am talking about are doing it on purpose....thats what makes me so mad...they are doing it because they can...no other reason and thats why i think there should be penlty's for people who do it big penltys like death by pet ...

mmmm death by pet :D I love this idea. Treat your pet nice, or it turns and eats you waahahaahahaahaaaaa

HEHE. Please do keep this in perspective, the "pet" you are referring to is a few lines of code, animation and sound file:)

Riiight...
and we should also punish people killings mobs with more than 1 shot... I saw this guy "Stryker" he shot a poor longu like 10-12 times before the poor bastard died :(

Yeah! And I saw this guy Skalman who died while killing a fugabarba and that poor fuga was just left there half injured :(

Reactions: Eon
if i could keep 4 active pets i'd leave them lying around aswell, that's some serious skill he must have.

Winston

Animal Cruelty Must Stop Now :wise:

Awesome, i'm the subject of a thread :cool:

PS Sure wish i could have four active at a time. That would ROCK! If you're gonna make such awesome claims about me, please do use my name.

PPS Kombinator, bet 1000 peds i'm "more intelligent" than you by any commonly accepted metric. Lazy...well sure. My dad would say anyone playing this game is lazy, so touche, i suppose.

PPPS Silvermoonbeams.... lol just lol. Maybe you should bring a chapter of PETA to EU. It would fit so well with the most common careers of hunting and animal taming :banana:

PPPPS Oh yeah i forgot to say: you can't sweat pets. I would suggest that someone who says you can is lazy or stupid, but that would be ignorant. You may recall that in that conversation i also offered anyone around a pet if they had the nutrios to feed it so it could be stabled, but you were all too afraid of getting muddy if you got off your high horse. Oh yeah, and probably didn't want to spend any peds on nutrios...imagine that. lol I remember doing restoration work in campgrounds used by the Sierra Club where their horses completely eroded some areas. I had similar feelings about the ironies of that situation as i do to this, with the main difference being that in this case it's completely pixels and computer code. :rolleyes:

Most days i'd probably just laugh at this whole thing, so i guess this shocked me more than IRL PETA PITA stuff does. :D

Last edited:
Ah, the criminal comes forth:)

This is a funny thread overall, the only upside is I get to make 1000 PED from winning a bet with Doer about intelligence:)

silvermoonbeams said:
one guy i saw had tamned 4 snables and just left them there...when i had a go at him he told me he couldn't afford to feed them or stable them...so why keep taming them???

Are you sure that somebody can have 4 tamed mobs at any given time ?
I was almost sure that 3 was the maximum of pets an avatar could have active.
So maybe somebody else also tamed it.
And to have 3 tamed mobs is required a quite high skill so I bet that he knew almost everything there is to know on taming (well for sure that the basics like dismissing a pet id part of his knowledge).

3 is the limit as far as I know...there is a lot of uncertainty about this, and the initial thread was a little tree-hugging for my taste anyways:)

number of active pets.

it appears to be a function of lore. I'd assume that when you get really high levels you'd be able to have maybe as many as ten active. who knows.

anyway, the limit is not capped at three.

Do you have any proof that the limit is not capped at three CURRENTLY.

For example pet level is capped at 3, and all the tamers I know can only do max three.

While of course as they improve this, levels will go much higher, and people witrh 10K+ in lore (I plan to be one), will be able to control armies of pets.

For now, I think the limit is 3 unless someone cares to cite actual precedent to prove me wrong

well, for one, I can have four active pets.

secondly, I'm not the only one, but I will only speak for myself.

If we didnt kill the snables, we have an overpopulation. That would be bad for us. Less hofs for us to get.

Ah, this is actually GREAT to know kira, thanks much, I was discussing it with number of people, I guess you hang out with the cooler crowd.

As a reference only, could you post your aproximate Lore, Taming and Zoo levels and general relevant level, you can PM it as well, I am just doing hard core skilling in this, and it is great news, just want to know how far the goalpost I need to reach is:)

Thanks in advance

Hehe. OK, could you PLEASE PLEASE giuve an ideaof your levels soI know when the 4 pets thing actually kicks in, need a goalpost to aim for:)

OK, thanks all for playing along with my questions.

Thanks Kira for the great new info, so now we know that some limits are not really there...

r u so vain doer u think it is just u ....

its not just you...and peta are jerks anyway...most of them have no idea that the active members will blow up places and people and the animlas they claim to want to save just to get there message across i totaly disaprove of them...and i just don't like seeing unnessacery abuse of animals wether they are line and codes or in rl there is no need for it ...and why they hell should other people spend money on nutrino bars or whatever for your pet?... Its your pet you tamed it...you look after it. responablity in a game like this makes me wonder if these people are the same in rl...and do they have pets they treat like this and kids they treat like this?

shows the sort of charator of a person really... if they can behave badly in game they are not normaly much of a person in rl either

and some people are taking this thread in some bizar directions...lol what has pet abuse got to do with killing wild mobs ???

there is a differance

i will admit i kill wild mobs for the hell of it when i can afford it and in rl i want a full leagth fur coat ...but not if the animal was abused beforehand ..thats just cruel and not needed . and i have no problem with going hunting deer or wild pigs for food and hides...i just don't like abuse...of most kinds

next someone will acuse me of being an animal hater ...lol

anyway i have lots to do today...sweat sweat and more sweat so i can go hunt some more lol

Well, what can I say ? ........
I have to be raving mad in RL :smash:
I have just finished a 3 hrs hunt, killing several hundred mobs, just for fun :eek:

Didnt get no food or anything else out of it, just did it to be entertained and kill some time...........
And the resources I waist, crafting stuff that nobody needs, and just dump it ( in the great dumpster called TT macine )

Jepp, I should be locked up for sure :laugh:

Judging someones RL qualitys from what they do in a game, that is just sooooo far out IMO.
What people say in chat might give an indication on their RL qualitys, but what they do in this game, killing mobs, or even other players and " steal " their stuff ( PVP3) doesnt mean that they would kill and rob someone in RL.
Culd say so much more about this, but it is to hot, and Im`m to tired, I guess most of you get my point :)
Oh, just one question in the end, how many of you have NOT killed a mob for fun in E U ???? :D

And sorry for the bad english, its not my native language :tongue2:

Kombinator said:
Ah, the criminal comes forth:)

This is a funny thread overall, the only upside is I get to make 1000 PED from winning a bet with Doer about intelligence:)

Hey buster, it ain't over until the fat lady sings. :laugh:

I'll bring the iocaine powder, you bring the twirpy lisp, and i'll meet you at the border of Guilder.

silvermoonbeams, i weep for your kind. Seriously. I have to thank you for starting this thread that led to some very interesting information about pets being divulged, but i find everything you say and how you say it both depressing and an affront to logic and reason. I thought perhaps you were play-acting, but sadly it appears that there really are people that pathetic. :(

Unfed pets don't die, they just leave their owners and go back into the wild. If they become so fond of nutrio bars that they refuse to eat whatever they ate before they were tamed then maybe they deserve to die.

I find it bizarre that someone can admit killing animals just for fun but criticise others who can't afford to feed candy bars to their pets.

My pets are well fed but remain locked up in a stable for days at a time. Is that cruel?

If you don't feed a pet, it will eventually be auto-dismissed. And you can only have from 1 - 5 pets at a time in the field, so if they are new tamers, then they won't be able to tame after 1 or 2 mobs left on the field. Did I mention it takes a long time to auto-dismiss a pet? So really, they're just hurting themselves.

If you don't feed a pet, it will eventually be auto-dismissed. And you can only have from 1 - 5 pets at a time in the field, so if they are new tamers, then they won't be able to tame after 1 or 2 mobs left on the field. Did I mention it takes a long time to auto-dismiss a pet? So really, they're just hurting themselves.

You have gained experience in your necromancy skill
You have unlocked rez0ldthredzlols

:eek:

HEHE. Please do keep this in perspective, the "pet" you are referring to is a few lines of code, animation and sound file:)

What, are you trying to say that my sweet Kulebyaka the exo stalker is just a few lines of code?? I don't want to hear that! :ahh:

Was going to say something but nah....

You dug this up just to say that didn't you.:D Good info by the way.
You have gained a new rank in thread restoration!

Back