Natural Skills vs Chipping

just wanted to make sure there isn't any crazy negative effects to chipping.

I don't quite get it what do you expect from other players. We're not devs, we can only guess. How did you wanted to make sure? I'm convinced that chipping, but out, has a bad effect for instance. My periods of decent loot came only when avatar was heavy involved in some profession. In mining for instance, I've unlocked MS naturally 4 times (and halfway one time). Always chipped out to lvl 1 of mining skills. My highest mining loot is under 3k. I don't know if there's any other avatar with such low highest loot at such mining activity. Is that connected to chipping out? I don't bloody know, but mind tends to make connections.

Would it make sense for MA to 'punish' the chippers (especially in)? No, in my views. Anyhow, in your profession of choice, at some point it gets sillystupid expansive nomatter what route you take.

Hey all,
Or if there are any other negative reasons (besides of course the fact that some chips may be more expensive than skilling, not that I know of any :p) please tell me also :).

Thanks a bunch :D

I rerolled my pregold avatar from 03 because I ate a few chips when that system was deployed, I feel its cheating and want nothing to do with it. for me its a source of pride but its been a hard long road. I still have to catch to my prior skill levels.

to say I'm 100% natural skilled is 100% worth it.

as for benefits ingame I would say you are better off to chip in things.

if you chip in skills "worth" 2 months skilling time you lose 2 months ingame experience ;)

Imho it's a game supposed to be played for fun.

What chipping does is giving you a shortcut to play at a "higher" level bigger guns/tools/BP's a.k.a increasing cost over time to play . So why waste money chipping when they could be used playing instead :yay:

But chipping is useful to help you fully use a weapon or Fap so chipping with a specific goal is very useful aslong as there is still is PED's left to enjoy that new toy or Mob you can now hunt :wtg:

Myself i find it very hard to believe MA tags a character as a chipper and let that influence returns :scratch:

The only difference I can see is:

Chipping is uncool.

LOL

We'll see how uncool it is when you come to sell out...

...as for myself I've chipped out completely twice since 2006 and this is my 3rd foray back into the game from scratch. I hit a tower recently and treated myself to Evade/Dodge and Paramedic skills to save myself some PED's in decay bills and to be able to tussle with higher maturities... in my past experiences DPS is easy to come by but the defensive skills take much much much longer to acquire. Money well spent :wise:

Back