Question: Need advice for good average armour set.

Lexie

Old Alpha
Edward Lexie Lexinton
Hey,

Using for some months now a pixie set. Hunting most off all daiki, exa, foul, cauda, argo mobs. ( low level maturity ).

I wanna move up a bit using my old opalo ( with amp 101 ). Still wanna hunt same mobs but bit higher maturity. I tried some but my armour is not good enough for these mobs.

What armour can you recommand me? Some ppl say user pixe with plates, others talk about shogun, rascal, ghost...

I hope to find and good overall amour withing total cost for about 200 peds.

Pls let me know what i could / should use.

thx for advice :D

It seems like u use to hunt mobs that mostly do impact damage so i would advice u to buy rascal since it have 15 impact dmg protection, 6 more then pixie. Plus u get extra 5 points of cut dmg protection against argos. The TT is only 60.6 PEDs and market price somewhere between 25-35 PEDs. So u get a good set for under 100 PEDs.
U can also get a set of 2A plates wich gives u 5 extra impact and 3 extra cut dmg protection. TT of the 2A set is at 34.3 PEDs and market between 2-3 PEDs for each plate so u get some extra protection for below 50 PEDs.
This will give u a total of 20 impact and 8 cut dmg protection comparing to 9 impact and 3 cut dmg protection from pixie.

Hope it helps and good luck :)

Cheers
Thor

1st I would recomend plates - you have very decent ones with very low MU.
For start you can go for 1A (or 2A) ... but I would recomend 5A as a best price/performace (incl. decay) plates. 5B has great protection but might be a bit expensive. :D
BTW - For firearms protection you should go for 6A.

IMO the best price/performance all-round armour set for begginer is Shogun.
Has solid protecion for many mobs, but also robots - in combination with right plates you can take down most of the mid-range mobs with no problems.
Also MU for shogun is quite low.

at least this is how I see it - i hope this helps -;)

Well very much thx for the advise. I think i go for the shogun armour set and maybe later a plate set.

Well very much thx for the advise. I think i go for the shogun armour set and maybe later a plate set.

I'll only recomend to buy shogun if you'll hunt Mobs with mélèe damages other than Impact, cause of the 10 Impact protection, one more than Pixie.

Rascal is better, or buy 2A plates with he pixie, or both !

(another problem of Shogun is price, it has a high tt, 140 PED for a full tt one, and without MU !!!, so go with rascal)

Remember that protection costs PED, and usually about the same PED. You can keep using Pixie and add plates as necessary or you can try other armours. I recommend you check Entropedia and the "armour vs Mob" calculator. That will show you exactly how much protection you will get from each sort of armour/plate combination for the mobs which you hunt.
You can, of course, just choose the nicest looking armour....

consider buying a L set of predator. it has excellent protection in the range you are looking. the TT of the set is slightly over 200 with full TT pieces, but the markup is very low and it should actually be more economical and last a very long time compared to UL shogun or rascal. i've also used gnome alot with plates. gnome is in between pixie and rascal, but with 5b plates it is enough to take down mobs as large as atroxes. (actually even pixie + 5b is okay too)

but as far as cheap rascal or gnome will probably be your best bet, although shogun is okay too. everyone's advice has good logic behind it.

I will recommend to buy a new set of Kobold

3 more impact than pixie
and
it has cold protection :)

It is something you need to have

or you can buy a set Goblin , it has acid protection

You will have more sets and each set will give you special protection against different type of mobs for a really low price...

I regret a lot I didnt pay much attention in my early days .... but nothing is worse than overprotection in your early stage as a hunter...
So use entropedia to look for armour that suite you wel

these basic set of armours can be strengthen lately with plates...

I love plates.. I often try only use plates :)

what ever you do -> dont buy ghost lol

Last edited:
You can also consider buying .5a plates..
4 cut, 7 impact 5a
3 cut, 5 impact 2a

5a set is 170.10 tt tho.

Vampire!!! :vampire:

:D

Seriously though, Pixie and 2A is fine, or go for Shogun if you want cos it looks nicer.

Hmmmm

:scratch2: Although Predator is my Fave and would highly recommend it to be a 5b/6a plate holder i would have to say for all round protection it comes down to either kobald or shogun.

Kobald has impact, cut, burn and cold - great to hold 6as vs drones and i tend to use it unplated for eco hunting feffoids which you will come to love.. and soon after whine to any one who will listen that they havent dropped you a hof after killing thousands and detest them.

Shogun has impact, cut, stab, burn and penetration - again great to hold 6as vs drones and great unplated vs atrax up to dominant. Can be used to great effect with 5bs against atrox upto alpha.

i will say, i have never sold my faithful kobald set, but have sold 3 sets of shogun as i saved them up, slowly repaired them and then decided that lovely new gun would be great instead of that set of shogun i never wear.

KOBALD FTW!!!:yay:

Hmm, likely there are as much oppinions as armours i see. I think i start with shogun, lovely name ( read the book ) or rascal armour. Someone offers me a full TT rascal for 90 ped so a good starter.

Thx all for your advice.

from own experience i can say that after using lots of sets, and while upgrading , just few armour will left in your armoury (even if u will be using beter ones in future). Those armours for me was

basic:

goblin, kobold

medium:

zombie (ghost eventually), gremlin

higher medium:

nemesis (phantom eventually)

If u have that armours + three/four plates sets like 5b,6a,5d,6b u can fight agains most of mobs in Entropia.

Warius combination of armors + plates can be fited to 90% of all mobs including those making specific dmg.

If u are not short on budget don't sell armor u used so far. It will be helpfull when u will be bored with camping same 3-4 mobs all the time

Hmm, likely there are as much oppinions as armours i see. I think i start with shogun, lovely name ( read the book ) or rascal armour. Someone offers me a full TT rascal for 90 ped so a good starter.

Thx all for your advice.

and u can think about ghost , it opes whole new range of mobs and my game changet a lot when i was owning set of one. Actually it can be bought for 1/10 of price it was 2-3 years ago.

set of Ghost, nuff said ;)

My first 'uber' set of armour was kobold.

It's not exactly uber.. but better than pixie and cheap :D

Plus you'll be able to take feffoids with it later, and small drones.

Any armour best advice

If you get only 1.0 damage repeatedly from any Mob you're using too much armour and will have higher repair costs than is necessary to be economical.

I've been hunting in my Shogun, Gremlin and Kobold again recently to keep the costs down.

Good Luck ...Arto

Have you considered gnome ? +2a ? +5a ?
It's great vs many of the mobs you hunt, for ex. argo (depending on how many at once you're trying to hurt and your skills/gun/fap ofc).

set of Ghost, nuff said ;)
If you want Ghost, i got a set (no feet tho).

Ghost because for an all around armor Ghost is great. You wont be hunting those mobs forever and you will want to upgrade again. Look at buying Ghost one piece at a time if you have to and then slap some plates on it and life is good.

Goblin is an underrated armour in my opinion. It is cheap, has better impact resistance than shogun (so great against impact-only mobs) and has acid protection, very difficult to get in cheap armour, so fighting big snables can be good in this stuff. Other acid mobs as well, probably, but I am no expert in that.

One rather strange idea, that some people have apparently used to good effect, is to wear settler armour just to hang big plates on. After all, armour with no markup has to be good, right? The armour itself is rubbish, but...

Another idea for impact/cut mobs is paladin. This stuff against argos has the advantage that argos drop it, so you can get some armour for free!

Hmm maybe he´s right with the Ghost cause it sounds u don´t wanna shoot atrox or mob´s which are strong like them...

But for these Mob´s u wanna go i would go on Shogun and repair it to Full TT, cause i gues u know if ur armour isn´t Full repaired u dont have the protection that the armour should have.
With shogun u can go without probs on argos till Scout and with a good heal up to Berycled Stalker (without plates)

This was my way of armour and Mobs..

But why not ghost?! :confused:

If u go farer on Hunting gettin skills some loot and get bored of these kind of mobs i would buy on a lil bit higher lvl Ghost!! /not (L) it´ll cost about 350 ped but it works fine on atrox till old or Provider...
and if u get even higher hold Ghost buy 5B plates and u´ll see how less dmd u get on most kind of mobs....

By the way ... does somebody knows a good Armour for Dasp´s??? :D

Rascal (+ 2a) :)

I find Ghost to be overkill most of the time, so I simply sold mine looong ago and stayed with Rascal.

Gnome is the best,

I still have mine, :)

By the way ... does somebody knows a good Armour for Dasp´s??? :D

All depends on your HP and what kinda FAP you have behind you.

If you have over 150 HP and a modfap, you can do them naked.

If you have 90 HP and a modfap.. you can do them in shadow +5b.

If you have 200+HP and an impfap, you can do them naked.

If you have ~150HP and a UR125, you would need sentinel or rutuba + 5b.

Zombie(L) was the best armor I could find when I was in your position in game. I was unstoppable for most mobs. You should try it.

Zombie(L)+8a(L)=Angel
30 impact damage.

Last edited:
both shogun and rascal are good armor sets(I own both of them). I also use 3A with them(more eco than 2a even if the difference is 1 cut). Rascal with 3a will help you with most impact and cut mobs(medium argos, big combibos), very good for impact only mobs which you now hunt so i say get it first
shogun with 3a helped me a lot with atrax but it's also good for things that do impact and cut(added up it gives the same as rascal, 20 protection+9 from plates)
a 3a set will put you back about 90 ped so you can buy either rascal or shogun with 3a and not got over 200 ped.

Rascal and 2a!

I saw a Kobold in there why not? Your not hunting Feffs with an Opalo no need for cold protection.

I also saw Shogun I think if your playing very eco shogun will cost a bit more in decay as full TT on showgun is like 170 ped and full TT on rascal is 60ped.

Showgun has a higher durability 1700 as oposed to 1100 I think for Rascal but also look at that TT repair bill between the two.

Gnome also falls in line with rascal fairly cheap armor that will do what you need. But it has no stab protection but neither does Rascal.

It all comes down to what you want to pay up front to get the armor and what you want to pay over the time you own it for repairs. If you can afford shoot for Shogun 10 Imp, cut and stab protection there. If not then Rascal or gnome prety similar cheap over all to maintain.

More food for thought there :) GL Choosing m8 you will be doing this again I hope soon for your armor upgrade as you skill into them.

Lots of good advice in this thread :)

And to add my 2 pecs, I'd say the first upgrade to go for would be the plates - 2A/3A/5A. The reason for this is that you may well find that with Opalo+A101 you may not be doing enough damage to take down mobs at a reasonable speed and therefore get hit more often and decay your armour more (cost.) Even 2A plates will add over 50% onto the protection you already have.
Secondly, if you find that you don't have enough protection at this point then you should consider upgrading your armour and transferring the plates onto it.
Pixie/Gnome/Kobold/Rascal all offer similar protection type. Most mobs do either some or all Impact damage so really, this particular damage type is the main one to armour against. The point about Shogun only offering 1 pt more of Impact protection is well made - against an Atrax you'll have 30 protection, against a Snarg you'll have only 10. Check entropedia for the different types of damage that different mobs do.
I personally love my Gnome+5As - only slightly better than Pixie but with roughly twice the tt value which means it keeps protecting for longer. I know that Kobold would be better for me but I've had this set of Gnome for over 2 years and I'm keeping it ;)

Here's a thread I made recently, hope it helps.

GL :)

Back