Need New Chair Recommendations

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
I've been using the same chair for 5+ years. Time to get a new one.

Anyone have recommendations for a good quality, comfortable office/gaming chair?

JBK and I switched to the Secret Lab chairs from normal pc chairs, massive difference, was actually surprised how much more comfortable they were! We have the Titans, like in this pic. Although they are big chairs, so check the sizing! I had this thing about really not liking gaming chairs that had harness holes like bucket seats XD

Just recently affiliated with them for streaming wouldn't have done so if I didnt like the brand :)

I personally really like the ones Alainax seems to not like. Just feels so fresh on my back and it makes it springy and kinda like im in a hammock on my back xD Hope Im thinking of the same one you are describing.

Also, a couple of years ago I read a bunch of tests and for some reason IKEA's chairs always came up. Ergonomics and what not. So I just went and tried it, and loved it. Unlike those normal gaming chairs you just order and hope are compfy

And they are fairly cheap, which I also like lol. They are called Markus. Simple I know but I like it, feels great, looks good, not to gamy and also Ive never had problems with my back, unlike with the ones in my actual office.

Cheers

Link, but maybe just google "ikea chair markus" in your language: https://www.ikea.com/de/de/p/markus-drehstuhl-glose-schwarz-40103100/

I personally really like the ones Alainax seems to not like. Just feels so fresh on my back and it makes it springy and kinda like im in a hammock on my back xD Hope Im thinking of the same one you are describing.
Oh I dunno! I was just meaning chairs like these. Those big holes created for your harness, in the car. Somehow became cool as gaming chairs, where the holes were redundant! As a former(ish) petrol head, Indoor chairs with harness holes just annoyed me ?
spar100blackblue09-ros-pair-ebay.jpg

Nice in their normal setting :p
78e70ba07f39ff92cd064638437f61f8.jpg

Last edited:
Ohhhh, jeee, yeah no. I have never even soon those haha. Nvm me then, i was thinking of tons of tiny holes as the fabric itself. :) thx for the info!

Cheers

I have a plywood bench with 90 degree backrest with 4 in foam on the bottom and 3 inch on the back.

I have worked from home for 10+ years now. this means I am in front of the PC in my chair from 6am through 5pm and then some in the evenings as well. Used to get back issues until I saw a big streamer (Cohh Carnage) recommend Herman Millar chairs. I bought one and have not looked back, no more back issues. Pricey but well worth it. This is the particular one I got: https://store.hermanmiller.com/home-office-chairs/mirra-2-chair/1453.html?lang=en_US

Consider also the material you are sitting on, the Herman Millar I have is breathable, so no hot back/ass after hours and hours (which is what gaming chairs look like they have, but I cant really comment as no experiance with those)

Recently purchased this guy:

super comfortable and I have back issues from work so, this chair helps give me support I need for those multi-hour sessions and I use the same Chair to work from home / game in, so I get a lot of hours a day in this thing. Looks like a high price tag until you consider how many hours you spend in it. Your back will thank you.

I too would recommend Herman Miller if you spend a lot of time at your desk.

I use a IKEA office chair after having 6-7 different ones.

I sat on the chair at a meeting by accident and was blown away by the comfort. Have it for 8 months now and it's still great!

Really depends how much you sit in front of the computer, but if it’s for excessive hours, get a Herman Miller. Also I would suggest to have an adjustable desk.

Another owner of a Herman Miller chair here. Had to get an Aeron as very few good chairs come in tall stool variants and I needed one for my fixed height standing desk. Wasn't happy with the price but my health situation dramatically improved since I got this office setup. My cats like the mesh a lot too if that matters :p

After trying a number of chairs including expensive office ones and gaming chairs, I bought a second hand leather fixed chair that only goes up and down. Amazingly it is the most comfortable one I have had. I spend about 4 hours a day in it. My point is, it is all down to personal taste.

I have a plywood bench with 90 degree backrest with 4 in foam on the bottom and 3 inch on the back.
With the prices of plywood these days, this may be the most expensive option listed. :jawdrop:

My point is, it is all down to personal taste.
Yeah I know, but hearing/seeing other recommendations helps with the choice. Chairs isn't something I can easily keep buying and returning if I don't like it, plus back says I need a good one, so need all the help I can get.

it may not look pretty but foam rollers and bungee cords can work miracles on old chairs if placed strategically in the right spots. Also, if you do ditch the old chair, coushins from old chair can be used as a add on to new chair. You spent years getting the curves of your body in those things, may as well get some further use out of em. Also, foam seat add ons can be helpful too from time to time. Miracle Bamboo is pretty swell.

The question is how much can you spend on a chair. There are chairs for 50 dollars, there are for 1000. It is better to give recommendations, knowing the approximate budget for the purchase.

The question is how much can you spend on a chair. There are chairs for 50 dollars, there are for 1000. It is better to give recommendations, knowing the approximate budget for the purchase.
Simple: I didn't want to narrow choices. Getting multiple recommendations for a $200 chair or $1,000 chair still means that chair is getting high praise and I should consider it.
Besides, if I said budget was X and you had a recommendation for a chair that is X+50, you may not tell me, and I'd miss out on the best chair possible.

it may not look pretty but foam rollers and bungee cords can work miracles on old chairs if placed strategically in the right spots.
Agreed, but only if the "bones" are good to begin with.
TBH, my current chair is poorly designed and padding the bejesus out of it just isn't working.

I bought a Secretlabs titan with the fabricweave, and the quality is top notch. Its not a super soft chair to sit on, but i am not sure that is good for sitting in long periods anyway. It can be adjusted anywhere and the quality is perfect really. Their reputation is very good and i think with good reason

i got a "Haider Bioswing 460" for over 10 years now, besides the usual adjustments and lumbar support the whole thing is suspended on four steel wires which let's you move around a bit which is good for your spine if you're not "glued" in place for hours it ain't cheap but if you spend multiple hours on end each day in front of the PC it's worth considering a ergonomic chair

Back