Help: Need some minor mathhelp

Legion

Marauder
Society
Supremacy Reign
Iam Flatline Legion
As i suck at math i could use some help or if ppl already know the answer.

I am wondering if all mobs in some way regen hp the same amount based on their hp or such.

so say i have a mob with x hp and it regens x hp/sec

and i have another with x hp that regens x hp/sec

how would i go about comparing them to see if it is indead the same regen based on hp or such, or is it based on something else or totally different per mob?

i have nothing to back this up but i noticed that mobs regen proportionate to their health level, the only differenge beeing in speed.
Please corect me if i'm wrong

Total HP divided by regen hp/sec gives you total seconds to complete regen from 0. That would be a way to compare different mobs.

For example, Atrox take about 210 seconds to heal fully (acc. to entropedia) while exaro take 350-450 seconds, and argos take around 1400 seconds.

If you know how much hp it regenerates each second, it's a %.
Just calculate this % for each mob, and you know the difference.

what i want to know is if all mobs have the "same" regen sort of, ie if it's based on the amount of hp it has or such. for example say a mob has 10hp and it regens fully in one sec. then we have another mob who has 100 hp and it regens 100hp in 10 sec and such. ie i want to see if it's possible to find a formula to calc all mobs regen easily.

what i want to know is if all mobs have the "same" regen sort of, ie if it's based on the amount of hp it has or such. for example say a mob has 10hp and it regens fully in one sec. then we have another mob who has 100 hp and it regens 100hp in 10 sec and such. ie i want to see if it's possible to find a formula to calc all mobs regen easily.

No, all mobs do not regen the "same." Some have fast regen, some have slow regen, some have normal regen.

It's possible there are regen classes which use the same formula based on total HP for all mobs in the class, but I don't think it's a simple formula that you could find easily.

So you want to determine different groups of regeneration?

I think it's best to do it with recorded videos from EU.

You shoot a mob couple of times. And then let it regenerate.
Analise the footage, and look how much % it regenerates in a certain amount of time.
This way you can convert the % to the absolute regeneration.
You only need to know how much hp a mob has.
And weapons big enough to deal some damage :)

Last edited:
there are at least three different "classes" of regen. some like Formiant, Longtooth barely regen at all. others regen at a considerable rate and reasonable high dps is needed for even low maturity, ie Atrox. then theres those in the middle, where low maturity seems to be slow (as you kill them quick) while high matuity noticably regen due to the % increase causing big jumps.

this is only very broad outline. theres probably more than 3. Hogglo for example used to seem like high regen, but compared to atrox are relatively slow.

there are at least three different "classes" of regen. some like Formiant, Longtooth barely regen at all. others regen at a considerable rate and reasonable high dps is needed for even low maturity, ie Atrox. then theres those in the middle, where low maturity seems to be slow (as you kill them quick) while high matuity noticably regen due to the % increase causing big jumps.

this is only very broad outline. theres probably more than 3. Hogglo for example used to seem like high regen, but compared to atrox are relatively slow.

hmm damnit but ok, then it's most likely somehow ties to their stats i guess. gonna have to look that up i guess :D

It's already been done and studied.

Extensively

Perhaps you should search the forums. :p

Answer is yes. :wise:

Loot is based entirely on actual dmg inflicted, so fast regen mobs are not more expenive to kill since their "seed" loot is scaled equally. Yep. I know this is just a hunch but stating assumptions as facts seems to be okay in these parts.. :silly2:

Answer is yes. :wise:

Loot is based entirely on actual dmg inflicted, so fast regen mobs are not more expenive to kill since their "seed" loot is scaled equally. Yep. I know this is just a hunch but stating assumptions as facts seems to be okay in these parts.. :silly2:

To a certain extent... if you shoot 120%, you might get 118% the mobs avg loot, if you shoot 150% the mobs HP, you'll get maybe 145% of the loot, if you shoot 300% you'll get 200-250%, any more than that and its plain wasted ped. Try sinking 150 ped into a fresqu, if it wasnt a mini or global to begin with, youll get a nice 30-40 pedder.

The more regen you shoot, the less effective the "enhanced" loot is. I'm sure someone could come up with a formula, but the further you get from the mobs initial HP, the worse return % you'll get, exponentially.

There's some old test data here:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/hunting/131297-list-mob-regeneration-rate.html

It doesn't cover all mobs by any means but the data that we gathered makes it easy to see that there's not much of a pattern, even across different maturities of the same mob.

The Exarosaur data is a good example of this:

Exarosaur
Young 520
Mature 620
Old 360
Provider 360
Guardian 480
Dominant 420
Alpha 320
Old Alpha 340
Prowler 360

The numbers are the approximate time in seconds for the mob to regenerate from near-zero health to full health.

Back