Neg rep and fear of retaliation.

Are you afraid of retaliation neg rep...

• Total voters
I dont even bother with neg reps.

If I dont like what someone says Ill tell them in private unless they directly address me in whch case I will reply in public.

Neg reps are too much 5th grade to me..its a forum where 99.8% of the people will never have an effect on me IRL nor will I ever care about that many. Its too much like a little school girl sticking her tongue out and stamping her feet yelling "Ill never speak to you again".

Plus reps have a use for when people actualy make a good point or do something noteworthy. Its good to see recognition for things like that.

EU has enough negativity wrapped around it no need for even more on a forum...

When i get neg rep i cry myself to sleep and put a pillow on my face and hold my breath..

But lets be serious now, To be honest I could care less if anyone here likes me or doesn't. I have my circle of friends here and they like me for who i am and respect me. I take reps and things posted on all game forums with a grain of salt. I challenge people to act the same way they do here (or the internet) in real life. :)

Kosmos

Negreps are cute.

There are afew self proclaimed "EF police officers" who always belive they are right and have the right to pick on peoples spelling ,way of choosing words och say that what they belive is wrong and they are right. I dunno if they think they are doing a good deed or just have the brains the size of a papplon seed and dont know better. Im not afraid to get neg rep, I glady take it if its justified. But im sick and tiered of arguing things twisted out of the original topic in most posts with people that has a POV as wide as Kate Moss ass.

=)

Last edited:
I wouldn't worry about it too much

I had 1 neg rep but the same post gave me 1 +rep :)

Usually when I get a -rep I also get several +rep on the same post :silly2:

I rarely -rep. If someone has made a post in public it deserves to be answered in public IMHO.
After all, open discussion is the whole point of a forum isn't it?

Well, I mostly only -rep when someone is making personal attacks against me or someone else, or just spamming whining, or something like that... And that is mostly just to tell them to stop it...

However, many people take -rep waaaaaaaaaaaaay too seriously and that can lead to problems...

Nope, not scared.

Heck I asked for neg rep for a misunderstanding in another thread.

There are afew self proclaimed "EF police officers" who always belive they are right and have the right to pick on peoples spelling ,way of choosing words och say that what they belive is wrong and they are right. I dunno if they think they are doing a good deed or just have the brains the size of a papplon seed and dont know better. Im not afraid to get neg rep, I glady take it if its justified. But im sick and tiered of arguing things twisted out of the original topic in most posts with people that has a POV as wide as Kate Moss ass.

=)

So u got a a video with u POV in kates moss her ass is kinda what get from this piece of writing??? Gross!!

p.s. Do agree with you ;)
p.p.s Agis that was NOT a contructive whine u gave there buddy :p

There are a few self proclaimed "EF police officers" who always belive they are right and have the right to pick on peoples spelling ,way of choosing words and say that what they belive is wrong and they are right. I dont know if they think they are doing a good deed or just have the brains the size of a papplon seed and don`t know better. I`m not afraid to get neg rep, I glady take it if its justified. But I`m sick and tiered of arguing things twisted out of the original topic in most posts with people that has a POV as wide as Kate Moss ass.

=)

Don`t mention it ;)

kate_moss.jpg

I like Kate Moss`s ass :)

I wouldn't care. If someone was petty enough to want to -rep in retaliation, what difference would it make? Just proves they deserved it in the first place.

If you never get a -rep on EF...you're doing something wrong. ;) :silly2:

I like your way of seeing things, mate, think I will rep you for this one :laugh:
damn, can't atm... but I will do that later ;)

No, i dont fear neg reps... My first post on this forum was asking for it, it seemed a hot subject... To my surprise I got +reps for it...

I cant rep from work anyways, unless I use a "virtual tunnel" or something, so... ;)

No i'm not worried about neg reps, the rep system on EF is bullshit tbh - look at muddy's rep for instance :confused:. Most rep on here is built through "repping circles" or rep farm threads - tbh the rep system should be removed imo, it's totally fckin useless.

Maybe longevity and number of posts would be a better way to differentiate between posters.

I could careless if someone -Reps me, almost. What I really hate is when someone neg rep's me back to basicaly say " I neg repped you back becasue it was unfair" or when freinds and relatives of those I neg rep get me back "Just because".

Now if it is something legit then by all means do it lol.

I could careless if someone -Reps me, almost. What I really hate is when someone neg rep's me back to basicaly say " I neg repped you back becasue it was unfair" or when freinds and relatives of those I neg rep get me back "Just because".

Now if it is something legit then by all means do it lol.

Yes, those people are pathetic indeed. People say that this virtual rep does not mean anything, but it does, really. If you are red (ME:yay:), people get suspicious when you sell stuff here at EF.

YEAAH:eyecrazy: Now lets go slap that twaah

Voted Yes but not really afraid of it (could have something to do with giving one neg rep past four months). However i do avoid it with someone like the dood linked in the opening post, only because I know he can't take it and that he will retaliate at random.

This one time in november or so I neg-repped a lengthy trolling without first checking who it was... Turned out to be Mika, someone who had started a flame war over nothing only a month earlier.
Three ruined (whole) days later he finally stops his beastly attacks and I was able to start using the forums again. Exhausted I left the place alone 4-5 weeks. Never met any similar sociopath here, happily.

He alone has caused me not to go here for several weeks. I'd rather semi-lurk on EF as I did past few years than not go here at all.

Having to think thrice before using a simple forum function is a type of fear, so Yes.

I've been banned 2 times from EF for criticism of ND and harrikane for the final Match of 2009

It started from a silly comment, "ND and Hurrikane sux", i made quickly while waiting for the Caperon to spawn during the final match...... I got a lot of negative rep by their friends and their soc members. Some general readers also gave me neg reps mostly due to misrepresentation resulting from selective quoting and deleton of my post. But I really did't care .
So got banned for the 2nd time for raising the issue of selective quoting and deletion..........and that surprised me.

Having said that I've found out that Hurrikane is really a great guy.... based on his responses to the critcisms. I've also enjoyed some short circuited limbic responses of others, especially a couple of moderators.:D (haha this may inflame some ppl). This time i may get banned from this forum permanently :yay: Let's see what happen!!

I enjoy reading EF. If i'm banned here again i'll spend my time probably more productive ways. So either way a win win situation.... and therefore, i don't care abt negative reps or being banned from ef.
I'll just speak my mind!

Last edited:
I've been banned 2 times from EF for criticism of ND and harrikane for the final Match of 2009

It started from a silly comment, "ND and Hurrikane sux", i made quickly while waiting for the Caperon to spawn during the final match...... I got a lot of negative rep by their friends and their soc members. Some general readers also gave me neg reps mostly due to misrepresentation resulting from selective quoting and deleton of my post. But I really did't care .
So got banned for the 2nd time for raising the issue of selective quoting and deletion..........and that surprised me.

Having said that I've found out that Hurrikane is really a great guy.... based on his responses to the critcisms. I've also enjoyed some short circuited limbic responses of others, especially a couple of moderators.:D (haha this may inflame some ppl). This time i may get banned from this forum permanently :yay: Let's see what happen!!

On serious note, I enjoy reading EF. If i'm banned here again i'll spend my time probably more productive ways. So either way a win win situation.... and therefore, i don't care abt negative reps or being banned from ef.
I'll just speak to my mind!
If you get banned, create another account, that's what I did when the admin wasn't pleased that I refuse to suck nut. :laugh:
They found my second account, banned it and unbanned my first one... I found it quite funny actually, but I'm a c*nt like that lol!
*braveheart voice*
FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!.... of speech.

On-topic;
Most of the neg reps I've received (I think around 5?) have been from people who can't handle being wrong, or lack the ability to actually discuss something without having their feelings hurt because they were wrong.
It's a lot easier to -rep with a "dickhead" comment, than it is to admit you were wrong.... apparently.

I got one -rep due to a sense of humour failure on the part of the person whose post I quoted or who just plain didn't see the ";)" after my comment, but most of the time I find it more productive to have someone argue their case and explain their reasoning while I do the same.

whats that old saying? " you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time "

or something like tht anyway :p

whats that old saying? " you can please some of the people some of the time, but you cant please all of the people all of the time "

or something like tht anyway :p

Yes you are very wise, but whom to please is the question here :)

Lots of good responses does seem like the fear of retaliation isnt as big as i first thought, thanks for all the good input :)

If you get banned, create another account, that's what I did when the admin wasn't pleased that I refuse to suck nut. :laugh:
They found my second account, banned it and unbanned my first one... I found it quite funny actually, but I'm a c*nt like that lol!
*braveheart voice*
FREEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!.... of speech.

For some reason I didn't want to do that.. But if they ban me permanently and i need to use the forum I'd do the same. Coz i think, i'm accessing collective but unique knowledge in this forum...... and they don't have the right to prevent me!

On-topic;
Most of the neg reps I've received (I think around 5?) have been from people who can't handle being wrong, or lack the ability to actually discuss something without having their feelings hurt because they were wrong.
It's a lot easier to -rep with a "dickhead" comment, than it is to admit you were wrong.... apparently.

Yes, I do agree with you on this point 100%.:D Exactly that was the feeling I had before.

Unfortunately you have little to choose from as far as posts go, though this is a return neg rep for a stupid rep comment made in the loot distribution thread.

Received this one from a unstable moderator...

Someone recently made a fake buying thread for Proteron dna parts and I felt it deserved a negative rep.....the person then found a thread of mine and neg repped me though that thread had not been posted in for a while.

Don't really care and it shows how right I was in giving the negative rep in the first place.

Received this one from a unstable moderator...

Hmm.. what this poster obviously does not know is that we "unstable" moderators can see who gives reps. The post this person is referring to was NOT given by a moderator, "unstable" or otherwise. Interesting how many of you choose to just accept this lie as fact.

Reactions: Meg
Hmm.. what this poster obviously does not know is that we "unstable" moderators can see who gives reps. The post this person is referring to was NOT given by a moderator, "unstable" or otherwise. Interesting how many of you choose to just accept this lie as fact.

Fact or not, it was a pretty funny comment, I :laugh:

Back