Nemesis VS. Solir

Eron²

Elite
Society
Former SR
Eron TheCaptain Smith
updated conparison beging at post #11 - solir vs jag

ok so im looking for some thoughts on this topic. which would you choose solir or nemesis? would solir last for a decent time frame per part? are the parts readily avail? are the stats as good as they look? whats the start up costs for solir? value of nemesis these days?

lets get some thoughts together on this one.

Code:
[size=2]
Name nemesis solir
Weight	16.2 ??
Dura. 3000 14500	
Stab	15 19
Cut	15 23
Impact	15 26
Penet  7.5 15
Shrap.	0.0 0.0
Burn	15 12
TOTALS:
Close	45 68
Firearms23 27
Total	68 95
[/size]

Last edited:
Well, at first glance, looks like Solir wins hands down.

Jamhot

Nemesis is just an overpriced armor... well, there is just a lot of overpriced things in EU :laugh: Solir definitely has good stats, I think Ill check the markup :rolleyes: ...

These two armors don't even compare.
Make a comparison between solir+angel so we have something to discuss.

These two armors don't even compare.
Make a comparison between solir+angel so we have something to discuss.

ok what would your analsys be between angel and solir?

hopefully excluding the fact that angel is about 60k and solir is about 3k

ok what would your analsys be between angel and solir?
hopefully excluding the fact that angel is about 60k and solir is about 3k

I did an analysis of lich vs supremacy/shadow not 3 hours ago, and was going to create a pricecheck thread on it .... have to say the results there are very very promising for (L).

Okay, angel+solir aren't an every-mob armor. You use them smartly i.e. you don't hunt DOME 1 + dome2 CP with (I do not kid, i have seen more than one avatar in there in the past two weeks rofl - even shadow :O)

Solir is a cheap click in crafting. 60 ped per click, and you can use animal oil residue (tailoring remnants even? crafter advice please as it uses leather) to make up the difference. Shin guards, for example (average given by crafters is they need three clicks on average to craft) = 180ped+100 ped residue 280ped. sourcing platinum yourself, this would be 160ped (the click is 20ped, but incl. m/u60ped).

Think of it as minimum cost 133%, max cost 233%

In all reality, what are you going to hunt in brand spanking new solir?
Lets look at some mobs that fully test it (note: includes errors as data taken from entropedia, which is not updated with damage distributions or conclusive data - but it is still useful as a guide)

te difference vs tough mobs is +10. This usually comes where the mob is doing 60-70 through armor (e.g. neconu stlaker). If you are taking on mobs that do this much damage, you better have a maxed ur125 with you. - +10% damage doesn't usually swing the difference of survival/fap for tough mobs.

If you're after a high impact mob like dasp, then the two armors are practically the same.(four pints diffference). ur125 heals above the damage of smaller dasp through both armors, so no advantage is gained with angel.

Dependign on the mob, the decay difference can vary between 133%(impact only) and 167%(imp/cut/stab)

All in favour of solir: Bascially if you can buy solir @ 133%, you don't need angel....ever. The decays are the same no matter which, and used martly the (L) is going to last you a long time. The only advantage you would get is if you found a liking for phasm/neconu/other high cut/stab and wanted to camp them for a year, then maybe you'd be fapping once less every phasm with angel. Just avoide warriors/drones/troopers with both.

As a side note on the longevity of a piece of solir, you could fight cornanterions(a fast attack mob) continuously being hit for 8.5hrs (shins)

Compare to angel where, if it could give the same protection for that time , would not last 2 hours in the same activity. (comparing shins).

A reasonable assumption is that angel would last half an hour before it started giving less protection than solir i.e. it requires very regular maintenance!

It's far more important that fap, weapon and evade are balanced, as the difference in protection of these armors is minimal. The day platinum becomes TT is the day the angels die. :)

If Solir is around 3k price -> isnt that about what you pay for Neme? (not sure about male armor prices)
If that is case pic neme - would be my advice at least :)
I go mine now for 5 Years and the only thing i would give it away for is Angel :silly2: Its a great mid level armor with a very decent decay! :wtg:
(hunting hogglos in team for 400 ped ammo, me has at least 60% aggro -> repair bill normaly below 10 ped)

Solir might be nice, but you have to buy a few sets during one year if you hunt much... makes Neme on long run imho the wiser choise

Edit:
A reasonable assumption is that angel would last half an hour before it started giving less protection than solir i.e. it requires very regular maintenance!
well - you need to buy ammo anyways - then you just repair armor aswell. (never made bad exp that way, and 400 ped ammo last even with the V2 for a little time ;p)

And i guess comparing vs angel doesnt make sence since - as i understood Eron's post - he is not willing to spend 60k+ on angel - so solir would win anyways...

Last edited:
well for one, solir is L. :laugh:

honestly, just buying tiger myself earlier today and formerly owning angel, solir is interesting, stats aroundish jag or tiger, more so than angel. doing a cut stab mob would certainly work and not decay nearly as bad as a 3x damage type mob, and dependent on market price and availability, solir could work for a casual hunter that logs in once or twice a week and does a little hunt here and there.

for the hardcore skilling hunter, however, paying % for armor decay will put ya in the poor house. so if you play on a daily basis and do long skilling runs, what not, i wouldn't consider using L armor on a regular basis.

for that purpose, if that's what you can afford, nemesis is a tried and trusted old, old friend. and time and time again, it's low decay and great all around protection for impact cut stab plated 5b, also ok for bots.

and if you're a clemson fan, well, it's orange.

buy the nem, use it, sell it later. you only paid for the decay. buy solir and use it up, well you got nothing to show for it but memories.

i personally prefer to actually own gear that some day does not wander into the trade terminal as a useless hunk of 3% fodder.

Solir is L tiger!

I cant pay the peds for tiger so I pay the small amount for solir, also solir has a much higher tt than a semi comparable looted set martial

so decent prot, ok %, nice high TT and tiger stats - whats not to like ;)

i have the hp to handle seg & falx in plated phantom but i use solir / martial for events :)

lets get some more thoughts on this one

what if we put this against jag?

all i can say, is that i am probably gonna buy it because of the price and protection..
i was thinking of phantom earlier, but as i can buy 3 sets solir+8a for the price of 1 phantom set M, will last me really long!

that is how i see it, and solir+8a (that is how i would wear it most of the time) is a great armor, especially for the cut, impact, stab mobs..

what if we put this against jag?

You can check the stats vs mobs in entropedia. They are newly modeled on the amror durability equations worked out here.

The power of solir is that it is 70% (imp/cut/stab)/total protection.

I have boar and solir. I prefer hunting with the solir but limit myself to use of it in events.
No numbers just an opinion.

I have boar and solir. I prefer hunting with the solir but limit myself to use of it in events.
No numbers just an opinion.

BUT you do have to be careful while using solir when hunting scrips in teams the colour matches those mobs a little too much ;)

BUT you do have to be careful while using solir when hunting scrips in teams the colour matches those mobs a little too much ;)

Wasn't I the only person you didn't kill :laugh:

Yeah i almost made that mistake when two knuckleheads in bright yellow armor ran right past me shooting at the same mob as me. :rolleyes: Probably wouldn't have gone as well for me as if they had been two scips, though.

Solir is about right between angel and jag. Let's look at it for dome 4 at CP:

Code:
      Jag+5b,   Solir+5b,   Angel+5b
Rava 18.1 5.602	 13.2 5.365  8.2  7.309
Deva 22.6 5.639	 17.3 5.417  11.3 7.480
Hunt 25.3 5.654	 19.7 5.443  13.2 7.567

With Jag, you take about 5 more damage per hit and your decay is about the same. Now, i just looked at the harness (which is usually the most expensive part to manufacture), but there are two problems with this comparison.

First, Solir seems to only have (L) bps. That means that every time someone wants to make (and sell you) a set, they have to loot or buy the blueprint at markup.

Second, it uses platinum. The minimum markup (cost markup) is over 133%. So you pay about 1/3 more (>=7.23 PECs/hit) for your solir in dome 4 than you do for your jag (about the same as angel, which protects about 6 more hp), and it protects you 5 more HP.

As has been said, it's gonna cost you over angel or jag in the long run, especially vs. cut/stab mobs, but it's probably viable for events if you can get it for nearly the cost.

One thing i'm not sure about is the availability. There haven't been many sold on auction without buyout.

Solir is considerably cheaper than comparable armor types. Should be looking at under 2k for complete full TT set. There is a steady supply on auction these days and in a few shops. If you get friendly with one of the well known uber crafters I'm sure they could provide a steady supply.

If you use limited armor you can always sell part used, you'll lose some, but no where near the value of the suit. That's the value you need to compare to the repair PED's you spend on a non-limited set.

For me a limited set offers excellent armor, in some case Uber armor for very reasonable out lay.

At the moment if you can afford the investment the non-limited is a good buy. Question is, what will happen to their prices over the next few years as limited sets become more plentiful.

For a majority of players though limited sets make very good sense.

personally I only use L armor for events or special occasions

I always use 8A plates so i never have to go repair ;)

I dont think I could bring myself to use it in dome4 its my second set of decent L hunting armor and my pain / hit level is slowly decreasing but I count go dome4 with it :( at least not yet ;)

first off id like to thank everyone for their input on this one.

second:

id like some thoughts on this.

full solir = 2k (price mentioned in thread)
full jag = 40k (taking peauction + some)
*prices rounding for math mostly*

now say i am investing 40k in armor. i could get 20 full sets of solir or one set jag.
now say i get solir 20x and friend gets jag. i no longer pay repair on armor but jag friend does, would that not be ped in pocket for me?

also i think its fair to say that 20 sets of solir would last for a very long time even at high rates of hunting, over that time i have lost the value of my investment however since the price on jag is in no way garunteed to increase its unknown if jag friend will be equal or not. if jag stays at 40k the friend can break even on his sale but has just like me lost all decay value. say 2 years from now i run out of the 20 solir sets how much would jag friend have to have paid in decay to keep hunting with me with good protection (remembering L = full protection for all TT) ?

yes i understand that jag friend could make ped if jag increases in value but if the price of solir goes up i could sell the extra solir sets in this example as well.
yes i understand that it is likley that jag friend would be able to get back at least part of his 40k investment where i would not.
yes i understand that solir has slightly better protection then jag.

i hope that sounds like a reasonable arguement/statement to others

Yup. If you're a casual player, buy a nice (L) set. If you hunt more than an hour a week, buy yourself a nice set of grem/ghost/ghoul and save in the long run. It's just like everything in EU: PEDs up front to save money later.

Back