nemesis

Status

dean

Elite
why is this armor so over priced it seams really silly cus as far as ive seen it not rare and ghost is just as good at less than half the price the only thing i can think is that it looks really cool but anyone really know??? why?? and imho decay etc is really anything to do with it.

I had often wondered this myself, just doesnt make sense that for an extra tiny bit of armour {really not much at all} that you can expect to buy 2 pieces of nemesis when you could buy the full ghost.

Gotta admit though, it looks damn fine :p
But i'll wait until i can be bothered and grab something else.

Take It Easy!

Lol, good that you mention it,,
I just thougt about it this afternoon.. and alot of other time..
Ghost is really good.. ofcourse nemesis is just that little bit better..
but you can take down quite alot of mobs with ghost and it is like half as cheap as nemesis..

not that rare but rare enough, pretty decent armour plated, better decay as ghost AFAIK :f

Its becouse of the looks, decay is the same, its been tested numerus times. The dm/pec of ghost is the same as the dm/pec on nem, only differnce is that you can hunt longer with ghost before reparing

Shorty said:
Lol, good that you mention it,,
I just thougt about it this afternoon.. and alot of other time..
Ghost is really good.. ofcourse nemesis is just that little bit better..
but you can take down quite alot of mobs with ghost and it is like half as cheap as nemesis..

Why is nemesis that little bit better in your mind?

I think the price of nemesis over ghost is 2 fold. 1. Its looted, so in theory much more rare and easier to hold value. 2. It might be a long time hangover from when nemesis WAS a lot better than ghost because decay on an armor was a caluclation based on TT & durability. Higher TT and/or lower durability meant more decay. Nemesis had a lot better decay back then.

Just my thoughts anyway.

The TT+ markup on Nemesis is almost 6 times that of Ghost. I do not understand why. Nemesis is a fine armour, but not THAT much better than Ghost.

Ghost Male
Arm-guards (M) TT+48.14
Face-mask (M) TT+32.98
Gloves (M) TT+29.09
Harness (M) TT+96.49
Shin-guards (M) TT+30.62
Thigh-guards (M) TT+46.37
Complete (M) Set TT+283.69

Nemesis Male
Arm-guards (M) TT+237.77
Gloves (M) TT+178.83
Harness (M) TT+240.16
Helmet (M) TT+306.81
Shin-guards (M) TT+128.43
Thigh-guards (M) TT+553.62
Complete (M) Set TT+1645.62

safara said:
The TT+ markup on Nemesis is almost 6 times that of Ghost. I do not understand why. Nemesis is a fine armour, but not THAT much better than Ghost.

Ghost Male
Arm-guards (M) TT+48.14
Face-mask (M) TT+32.98
Gloves (M) TT+29.09
Harness (M) TT+96.49
Shin-guards (M) TT+30.62
Thigh-guards (M) TT+46.37
Complete (M) Set TT+283.69

Nemesis Male
Arm-guards (M) TT+237.77
Gloves (M) TT+178.83
Harness (M) TT+240.16
Helmet (M) TT+306.81
Shin-guards (M) TT+128.43
Thigh-guards (M) TT+553.62
Complete (M) Set TT+1645.62

Nem does not have better stats than ghost

Dunn said:

I never said it does, I just said that it is a fine armour. I also said that I dont think that it is 6 times better than Ghost :whistle:

safara said:
I never said it does, I just said that it is a fine armour. I also said that I dont think that it is 6 times better than Ghost :whistle:

not that much better than ghost is the same as saying its better than ghost ;=

Dunn said:
not that much better than ghost is the same as saying its better than ghost ;=

Hehe, my origional "that" was in CAPS, ie THAT. Meaning that I was refering to my thoughts that Nemesis is not THAT (ie 6 times the cost) much better than Ghost.

I do think that Nemi is a fine armour. Ghost is too, I love my Ghost.

I do think that Nemi is good for its TT value (and durability). But I dont think it is worth 6 times the cost of Ghost. :)

;) low tt on an armor is not a good thing, its a bad thing, you cant hunt that long with it

Dunn said:

It did last time i checked. Not by that much at all but they are better. {this is completely a matter of oppinion of course}

This being that Nemesis is more grounded on it's stats whereas ghost varies just that little bit more.

E.G. shrapnel, acid, electricity, penetration, burn, cut, stab, impact on ghost where as nemesis sticks strictly to impact, cut, stab, penetration and burn.

Granted the penetration on nemesis is 7.5 and ghosts is only 1, but think about the prices again and youll notice that for the nemesis set you can buy ghost AND vigi and still have spent less PED ;)

To be honest, i've said it since i first seen nemesis back in the day and i've said it since i seen ghost, ghost has got to be the ugliest thing i have ever seen, whereas nemesis, despite not being an uber armour, just looks soooo good lol. I'de be willing to pay more for it but i can't bring myself to fork over 1.7K{can't remember if its tt+ or not} for it as opposed to Ghost at tt+230.

I'll just have to get me a good fap and a set of both shadow and angel for appearences only :D

Dunn said:
;) low tt on an armor is not a good thing, its a bad thing, you cant hunt that long with it

I is drunk and you got me :tongue2:

I was under the impression that Nemi had higher TT value. I woz wrong. I had to go and check PE-wiki and I see that this is not the case. Just durability is better.

Another good reason why I cant understand why Nemi is 6 times the cost of Ghost. :)

I have both and to me they are just complementary : I need ghost for allo's and feffs, nemesis is good for small drones, and for trox and trax they are both good.

So depending on the area I choose one of both.

You could take vigi instead of nemesis but then your impact drops too much IMO

A set of 2A's is all you need by the way. Thats my favourite combo.

Vigi +2A's
{a hell of a lot less decay with vigi so this is far better and i take longu with it ;)}
Ghost + 2A's
{Need i say more :) - although, i don't like ghosts high decay}

One set of vigi = roughly tt+230 {might be closer to 320 now = helmets :(}
One set of Ghost = roughly tt+230
One set of 2A's = roughly 11PED each so around 66PED lets say

Thats less than half the price of Nemesis...need i say more?

So, can we now definitively say that Nemi is overpriced just because it looks good (if you like orange)....

i have both and troxes are much more expensive to hunt with ghost.

One word--Helmet--!!

That pretty much sums it up!!

Not to mention the durability is better than ghost especially against troxies and bots. As for the price difference it probably isn't worth the 6 times cost but is Vampire really worth it's mark-up? especially looking at the stats KNOWING it is a show armour? Value=what someone is willing to pay.

CareBear said:
decay on an armor was a caluclation based on TT & durability. Higher TT and/or lower durability meant more decay

so this isnt the case anymore? o_O

im surprised none has said this yet....

decay is figured by dividing value by durability
so....
ghost 74.5/2000=.037 per hit
neme 64.5/3000= .0212 per hit
decay of course gets a bit better as value goes down

kill em all :cowboy:

I have both ghost and nemesis.

Nemesis does decay less then Ghost. Maybe this has to do with the 19 impact of ghost. And the added protection of electric/cold/acid and other weird protection types.
Decay may be the same for the same protection levels.. but that's just it.

I would not go hunting atrox in ghost. I did it once and found myself paying the loot back in decay. Nemesis is way cheaper there.

i`ve owned both , the nemi is superior for bots with proper plating ,, ummm thats about it :beerchug:

i hunt trox all the time in my ghost and my deacy isnt that bad, perhaps you are just used to the neme, the numbers tell the tale. it is a COMPUTER game.

the difference is (on full tt armor) .018 PEC per hit, nice thing about math....it doesnt lie, or exagerrate.

well the fact that nemesis is looted, and fairly rare (ive only looted 1 set of gloves ever, but thats just me) could definitely drive a higher price for each individual item, as well as a fair markup for a complete set :cool:

lokiscamaro said:

so....

It has been mentioned that decay is the SAME on both armours. Ghost just decays more because it PROTECTS more.

when i started this game i wanted 2 sets of armor............

shogun which i got.

and.....

nemi....

after more research i found that the 2 are the same...great general protection (nemi is a +5 shogun) not sepcial in any way. i still hope to get that nemi set someday...but +1.5k is out of my noob budget

lokiscamaro said:

so....

This is totaly wrong, do a forum search, its been proven that decay is the same on these armors, durability does not affect decay since the changed the armor decay :wise:

safara said:
It has been mentioned that decay is the SAME on both armours. Ghost just decays more because it PROTECTS more.

give the man a cookie... this is said far too little in the Ghost vs Nemesis debate.

Things that Nem has going in its favour are looks, helmet and durability. the latter means it doesnt loose its effectiveness so quickly, but you could buy 3 sets of ghost and change them mid-hunt if you are out in the field long enough for this to matter.

What i dont understand is why Ghost is even compared to Nemesis, its closer to Bear in the protection it gives (bar penetration... but then a set of cheap arse Vigi owns bear, ghost and nem if you're hunting bots).

Status
Back