New Aucton Notifications

JohnCapital

Slayer
Society
Freelancer
John Teacher Capital
Anyone else notice that the new auction notifications offer way more info about who you're doing business with?

• Sold items show who bid and who won
  • Items you're bidding on show who's outbidding you without having to go to an auction
I may not like the technical issues w/ this new chat/communication system but this?

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

Anyone else notice that the new auction notifications offer way more info about who you're doing business with?

• Items you're bidding on show who's outbidding you without having to go to an auction
Now they just need to add Portable Auction (L) and we won't need to visit auctioneers/terminal

I did notice that it makes it impossible to sell enhancers since their text is too long and doesn't show in this new system anymore. I can't see if i sold a depth i IV or X enhancer :(

Yeah, noticed the first thing today, forgot to post. It surely will add more drama to accidental sales :)

I wonder if it works with sales to orders too.

Are there any benefits from the second thing? I mean, if someone has outbade me, my only concern probably is to renew the bid.

I saw it the first day and was already mentioned in one of the many threads regarding the new UI (the poster did not liked it, btw)

Was disappointed to see that the buyers of my overpriced stuff are mostly new players, and not the old sharks around...

Details are good, but I wish somewhere, at the corner of the new chat window, to have that little blue hammer giving the executive summary:

You sold that for this much. We took this commission.

Details are good, but I wish somewhere, at the corner of the new chat window, to have that little blue hammer giving the executive summary:

You sold that for this much. We took this commission.

the old notifications were way neater and more intuitive I cant see how anyone could deny that, just lacking in info is all..

Yeah, noticed the first thing today, forgot to post. It surely will add more drama to accidental sales :)

Didn't think about that, but it's a very good thing :)

No, you don't see who fulfilled your order.

Just out of curiosity, why would it be a bad thing to see who bought and who sold an item on suction? :scratch2:
I would think more information on sales would be an asset rather then hindrance?! Or am I missing something? :scratch2:

Just out of curiosity, why would it be a bad thing to see who bought and who sold an item on suction? :scratch2:
I would think more information on sales would be an asset rather then hindrance?! Or am I missing something? :scratch2:

It's definitely a good thing (or at least neutral) as long as you're honest with your trades.

Or am I missing something? :scratch2:

Some folks prefer the anonymity. They don't want their buying habits known.

Expect to see a flurry of newbie names suddenly highly active in the auctions. Newbies suddenly buying lots of stuff, but for some reason never globalling, or selling (except in private trade to their real owner).

Its a non issue..... If a seller knows the buyer, it can help for future sales, and availability. I have heard many complements about this. The fact you can see who places what order, and who steps on who..... That is common knowledge in real life situations, and the game should emulate real life's need for information like this. The only players who have been complaining about being known for trades, and Orders, have been resellers, market manipulators, and outright scammers. This update will highlight the obvious abuse of alt accounts, and market manipulation.

Beware those who cry foul the loudest.... what are they hiding?

Great replies! :) I like the info that's present now for the same reasons as listed above. :yup:

Beware those who cry foul the loudest.... what are they hiding?
Ok so let me ask why you always need to be hiding some dark evil secrets to want some anonymity?

I don't like to be shown as buyer all the time, but I won't give you my reasons for it so now feel free to figure out what deep dark secrets I'm trying to hide. (hint: maybe none really as I spoken up here, but I like the anonymity)

Also more on topic, why cant I get "Item sold 2014-03-21 18:37:25" just like we used to get it. And no the "Friday 18:37"(if I look some days later) is not the same

Last edited:
I think it's a great feature... if I see that someone is a big buyer of my stuff, you can be sure I'll think twice before tearing into them on the forums.

How about the fact that if we all know who buys what we are selling via auction PAYING A FEE, we all start going direct to the buyer SKIPPING THE FEE'S!!!!!

This is not a good thing for MA

How about the fact that if we all know who buys what we are selling via auction PAYING A FEE, we all start going direct to the buyer SKIPPING THE FEE'S!!!!!

Maybe they don't care and the fee doesn't go where some people believe it goes.

Besides, all lazy sellers will keep filling orders, and all non lazy ones have a network of customers and don't use auction :)

i like seeing who bought my stuff,

it gives me an opportunity to sell or of the same items direct, if the buyer needs things on a regular basis

I did notice that it makes it impossible to sell enhancers since their text is too long and doesn't show in this new system anymore. I can't see if i sold a depth i IV or X enhancer :(

You can hover your mouse over the info line in the info window and it will give you the full line. I had one that didn't show the end and found that out.:)

Expect to see a flurry of newbie names suddenly highly active in the auctions. Newbies suddenly buying lots of stuff, but for some reason never globalling, or selling (except in private trade to their real owner).

This.

BO - Buy Out shud remain anonymus.
Ppl are prepared to pay more and buy by Buy Out just for that.
Unless MA do not fix it - shit will happen with a lot of fake avas.

i like seeing who bought my stuff,

it gives me an opportunity to sell or of the same items direct, if the buyer needs things on a regular basis

Well, here's the problem, some people don't want to be contacted, but also don't want to have to go invisible to prevent it. Some people just want to buy from auction and not have to meet someone. Or go to a shop.

Also, some people may not want the seller to know they are buying from them. Maybe you don't like the person but you have no choice but to buy from them but you'd prefer they didn't know it.

That's just a couple scenarios.

That is very true.

It helps though when seeing who is manipulating markets.. like a person I know with some various bps as of late.

In a way I'm glad for the change.. but in another way it makes me sick seeing all the alts that are against the eula that MA doesn't bother enforcing.

Back