• Poll closed .

Singular

Guardian
Society
Entropia Pioneers
Singular
Hi all

Waz wondering if it isnt time to professionalize the boxing events
I'm thinking about raizing the participation fees in order for us to take it more seriously.

I know there will allways be logheads who just state is calculatable, but where is the fun in that?

The boxing events have allways been fun but im looking for ways to ensure their existence for the coming time. One way to do so is to increase the entree fee. The reward prize will be much more attractive that way...

So im suggesting a raize and im wondering what you guys think:

10 ped for the lightweight class
30 ped for the midweight class
50 ped for the heavyweight class

Could you remind me what the current fees are?

Your request/question certainly seems quite reasonable to me. It would seem that more serious players would wish to pay a slightly higher amount, and for the light-weights I think the 10 ped fee is more than accomodating :)

How about you have a boxing league instead of just a competition that rolls around like every 4 months?

Nerishimo said:
How about you have a boxing league instead of just a competition that rolls around like every 4 months?

Hi Nerishimo,

kindda offtopic
care to explain in a pm? Im interested... I was thinking about hosting the boxing events twice a year... but im open to good suggestions.

Sveta, it used to be 10 ped for all weightclasses

Fees sound good to me -Im mostly intrested if the 50 ped fee on heavyweight will make more or less people attend.

I dont think havin a different fee on different weight classes is going to help the events to get participants. I would consider promoting the amount you actually can win :cool:
I dont know what price money there has been but that is a big part (atleast for me) in deciding to participate or not. Lets say for example, entry fee 25ped and if you win the event you recieve 500 or more ped! That would be tempting but if the first price was 200ped or less I would rather go hunting.

:duh: well it was stated already in the original post sorry ,

Skam said:
Fees sound good to me -Im mostly intrested if the 50 ped fee on heavyweight will make more or less people attend.

:) Me too, also its more apropriate for that weight class

Montaque said:
I dont think havin a different fee on different weight classes is going to help the events to get participants. I would consider promoting the amount you actually can win :cool:
I dont know what price money there has been but that is a big part (atleast for me) in deciding to participate or not. Lets say for example, entry fee 25ped and if you win the event you recieve 500 or more ped! That would be tempting but if the first price was 200ped or less I would rather go hunting.

:duh: well it was stated already in the original post sorry ,

The thing with the prize money is that it is being put together by the ones that participate, so if only 6 heavyweights join the contest the prize is like 60 PED without the odd donation.. if the prize would be 300 PED it would be very different.

Still im hoping for the upcoming event system to handle registration and payment of entree fees.
It will commit both the organisation planning the event and the participating ppl to take it serious and rsvp their wish to attent. A no-show will forfit entree rights.

Out of 130 views so far
only 16 bothered to vote...

Vote/Advice

Hey singular,

Not sure if you remember me or not! but before time was time and events were events MA had me working along side of them and doing some events! and from that we got the fashion show as we see today and the Boxing rings we all love.

What i've learned from hosting so so many of these events for all kinds of people is that.

people in PE arent looking towards these events to *make money* but they are going for some fun and away from the hunting/mining/crafting. (sure making money adds to the fun)

raising the price of fee would be a bad thing
1:yes you will lose a lot of participants
2:less people attending means less compete = less public interest
3:higher the entry fee the more of a competetion it becomes than rather just a fun event!

my 2 cents :)

i voted raise the fees if that matters ;) all events are always welcome addition to PE :)

who knows after kickin one "fightclub" master (that is what he told) death with my enknuckles-2 without any experience on boxing against other human, i might be interested too ^^

Hi Singular .:)

Im going a little off topic here but im confused a little ... :confused:

I was wondering what you meant by "boxing" .. Is it the use of en-knuckles ( fists) ? :wise: If so can you plz post the limits on health for each class and also the best fists you can use per "weight" ... ?

On topic : Maybe you should make the entrance fee smaller but charge for each round? And how many rounds are there ? Because the price should be proportionnel to the rounds ... Dont want to pay 50 ped for 3 rounds ...

My thoughts ... :D

Eonette

I think the current fees are ok, but thats lookin from my budget if i were a heavy weight i wud not bother to pay 50 Ped for a competition allthou the price to win is higher.

But as most heavyweights are "uber" players they usually have a bit more of cash to spare then me and they might find it tempting to try and win cash this way..

So for me its a no but in general it might be a good idea :p

Back