New CEO for AR Universe and Calypso

What does AR in AR Universe stand for?
Just say "AR Universe" over and over again...

Pretty soon you'll realize who's "universe" it is.

<Hint: It's not yours...>

I may have missed it, but how come there was no CEO? Why did the last one dissappear?

At the begining was only MA ( world and only exicting planet at that time, game was called Project Entropia then Entropia Universe )

MA splited to MA ( platform handling) and FPC (planet Calypso handling )

FPC was sold to SDS (general digital entertainment ) where it was excluded and rebranded to SWW ( planet calypso handling )

Meanwhile ND studios rises and developed Rocktropia Planet (still owns it, Rocktropia handling) and NI (dunno if it was sold to new entity, but prolly yes to Next Island LLC)

SDS + his doughter complany SWW failed to finish deal with MA so MA claim back planet calypso again. SDS still exist, SWW still exist but do nothing conected to entropia universe.

Meanwhile ARKADIA studios arrived and started their own planet ARKADIA.

MA splited to MA (platform handling ) and ARU (planet Calypso handling)

=====================================================
MA = Mindark
EU = Entropia Universe
FPC = First Planet Company
SDS = See Digital Studios
SDW = See Digital Worlds
RT= Rocktropia
NI = Next Island
ARKADIA = ARKADIA
ARU = A.R.Universe

...uff if i miss something pls corect me

Last edited:
Most awesome news since early 2004 ! Ty MA :D GO GO GO !

{removed}

Last edited by a moderator:
and why did they have an interim...?

AR Universe is the old FPC comanay, MA changed the name on it when they sold planet Calypso. But the deal broke and Calypso went back to FPC, now named AR Universe. So the old CEO was Marco, they never had a new one before now, because it was pretty much empty and was staffed by Mindark. So i guess this maybe is a sign they are "staffing" up ARU (FPC) to run Calypso again.

Are you guys sure AR Universe is in Mexico? I know MA owns/owned a company there, yet it was not AR Universe. AR universe is a registered Swedish company.

At the begining was only MA ( world and only exicting planet at that time, game was called Project Entropia then Entropia Universe )

MA splited to MA ( platform handling) and FPC (planet Calypso handling )

FPC was sold to SDS (general digital entertainment ) where it was excluded and rebranded to SWW ( planet calypso handling )

Meanwhile ND studios rises and developed Rocktropia Planet (still owns it, Rocktropia handling) and NI (dunno if it was sold to new entity, but prolly yes to Next Island LLC)

SDS + his doughter complany SWW failed to finish deal with MA so MA claim back planet calypso again. SDS still exist, SWW still exist but do nothing conected to entropia universe.

Meanwhile ARKADIA studios arrived and started their own planet ARKADIA.

MA splited to MA (platform handling ) and ARU (planet Calypso handling)

=====================================================
MA = Mindark
EU = Entropia Universe
FPC = First Planet Company
SDS = See Digital Studios
SDW = See Digital Worlds
RT= Rocktropia
NI = Next Island
ARKADIA = ARKADIA
ARU = A.R.Universe

...uff if i miss something pls corect me

First there was Mindark AB, who got sued and went bankrupt. Then there was Mindark PE AB. Then the rest. :)

Most awesome news since early 2004 ! Ty MA
biggrin.png
GO GO GO !

p.s.
Bjorn, when will Mr. Timkrans be fired ? =)

Owing to the fact that Jan Welter owns 34.1 % (in 2010, at least) of the shares in Mindark, and is on the board of directors - I wouldn't expect that to happen any time soon.

Last edited:
That sucks for them. How come they are held responsible for a deal, while they were MA people at first.

The FPC/SDS staff was dismissed when the deal over Calypso failed.

That sucks for them. How come they are held responsible for a deal, while they were MA people at first.

Well the thing is the FPC people were hired by SDS (which was owned by SEE) and SDS was shut down when the deal was broken, so the company they did work for didn't exist anymore, if I remember correctly :dunno:

They get eaten with a nice bottle of chianti ... so i heard.

Nice address btw :)

Are you guys sure AR Universe is in Mexico? I know MA owns/owned a company there, yet it was not AR Universe. AR universe is a registered Swedish company

No, they are not in Mexico, AR Universe is the old Swedish FPC comapany. But MA have an office and some staff in Mexico, and Kim are in Mexico right know i think.

No, they are not in Mexico, AR Universe is the old Swedish FPC comapany. But MA have an office and some staff in Mexico, and Kim are in Mexico right know i think.

Exactly. The Mexico based company should be named Ilunova Sa. de. Cv. Whatever they do, I don't know, but I expect they work with support, together with EU Support & Operations AB, which is a Swedish company.

But that is a year old information, which is why I asked.

Asset Recovery Universe?

Swedish people working in Mexico....

[Thick Swedish accent]
"Sven.... learn to duck and cover fast when you hear gunshots."

".....invest in kevlar too."

"...and dont get yer shit off the street (if yer into that stuff)... send someone to get it for you its not safe down there!"

This is too funny! :laugh:

Wish I was a fly on the wall down there....

Swedish people working in Mexico....Thats gotta be hillarious... I can see some of the conversations in my head.

Sven.... learn to duck and cover fast when you hear gunshots.....invest in kevlar too.
and dont get yer shit off the street (if yer into that stuff) send someone to get it for you its not safe down there right now.

Only if your Canadian.. :eyecrazy:

his first official act free storm coats fer all :yay:

Daddy I`m so sorry I`m s-s-sorry yah

bang bang

Wow, not read the forum for a few days and all kinds of things change...

SO !! WTF IS AR Universe??????

Epic communication FAIL here MA, AR or whomever you are anymore....... :wise:

New guy.... POST IN HERE AND EXPLAIN!!!

Gothenburg, Sweden – January 31, 2012

Sven Sandberg is the new CEO of AR Universe. ”I am happy that we have managed to recruit Sven to head AR Universe and the Calypso team. Sven has a unique background with extensive experience in both technology, business and marketing”, says Jan Welter Timkrans, chairman of Mindark.

“AR Universe’s major assets are Calypso’s intelligent participants and investors, Calypso’s unique real-cash economy MMO, and the Calypso team of seasoned game developers,” says Sven Sandberg. “I will do my best to ensure we all work together to build the Calypso economy, expand the user base, and have fun.”

David Simmonds will hand over the reins to Sven Sandberg on February 1, to concentrate fully on his role as CEO of the MindArk Group.

OK, now did the old CEO of AR Universe get fired over the idea of Land Deeds? :scratch2:

Anyway, welcome and good luck with your new found job.

OK, now did the old CEO of AR Universe get fired over the idea of Land Deeds? :scratch2:

As I understood the announcement, David Simmons was the CEO of both MA and AR after the deal with SEE was dropped and SDS shut down. AR is the same as PCF.

Now, AR has a new CEO and David Simmons is the CEO of MA only.

Besides, why would they fire anyone for the land deed idea? :scratch2:

Its funny how , all serius brand for international business keep same name and logo for years all over the world, or even century... coca cola , mac donald , ford ...
and how MA/FPC/AR , project entropia/entropia universe.... change name so often that even player who follow every new dont even know what is or what are the curent name of that game...

Blizzard didnt change wow name , neither EVE did change...

why the hell MA need to change so often ?

Its funny how , all serius brand for international business keep same name and logo for years all over the world, or even century... coca cola , mac donald , ford ...
and how MA/FPC/AR , project entropia/entropia universe.... change name so often that even player who follow every new dont even know what is or what are the curent name of that game...

Because they have a ... reputation.

The game has changed name once. The company has never changed name.

Project Entropia became Entropia Universe
MindArk is still MindArk

The only reason there are name changes in the company is because Planet Calypso changed owner.

Project Entropia became Entropia Universe
MindArk is still MindArk

The only reason there are name changes in the company is because Planet Calypso changed owner.

Did it, though?

<don't hurt yourself trying to think of the answer...>

Hope this will show some improvement in game, lately we dont see anything from MA, many things happening and no1 is listening.

gl in his new job... im sure he hase alot of work!

They don't need to .... They know what they are doing lol

Back