New client avalible!

is it ment to be a .rar file or .exe? on my computer its showing up as a .rar.

I have changed it to .exe, runned it and nothing happens, I even run as administrator :(

is it ment to be a .rar file or .exe? on my computer its showing up as a .rar.

I have changed it to .exe, runned it and nothing happens, I even run as administrator :(

Yes, is ment to be .rar
You need winrar or simular to extract it.

New client avalible at www.entropiatracker.com/client.rar

This client will be able to:
- Take screenshots of your globals.
- Take screenshots whenever XXXXX globals (you type in the name)
- SAVE YOUR SETTINGS
- Start up the client loader when you start up the tracker client.

I totally understand if you dont want it to start up the client loader when you start up the tracker client - I mainly coded this for my own lazyness.. I hate opening/running two programs to run EU...

Leave the option off if you dont want it...

Have fun..

I installed it, but it totally killed my ability to run EU. I had to uninstall tracker, and reinstall EU before being able to login again. Apparently, it changes something to the bin32....

I installed it, but it totally killed my ability to run EU. I had to uninstall tracker, and reinstall EU before being able to login again. Apparently, it changes something to the bin32....

Aparently it does not.. Please provide valid evidence before accusing me of making software that kills EU. It ADDS a .bat file to bin32 IF YOU SELECT IT TO...

Aparently it does not.. Please provide valid evidence before accusing me of making software that kills EU. It ADDS a .bat file to bin32 IF YOU SELECT IT TO...

Well... EU was working... I installed the tracker with the option to let it login, EU was not working... and if you don't believe me, well, so be it.

Allowing it to let tracker login to EU killed EU for me. That's all there is to it, really.

Edit: and I apologize for coming across more agressive and attacking than I had intended the post to which you were replying. It was meant as feedback to point out a flaw, to help improve the tracker.

Last edited:
Edit: and I apologize for coming across more agressive and attacking than I had intended the post to which you were replying. It was meant as feedback to point out a flaw, to help improve the tracker.

Just for your information: tampering with the .exe of EU would be completely against MAs EULA and such accusations could lead to closed accounts for the entropiatracker team people.
Now you maybe understand how strong your accusation was ;)

Until he makes it strictly a subscriber to subsciber only situation where you cannot access the information of non subscibers except for non specif over all statistical data.. it should be closed down... this new twist of giving subscibers the the right to personally specific track non-subscibers... should have closed down immediately... filling support case with MA to ban Tracker until these privacy concerns are addressed...:mad:

Filing a Support case for Brooklyn to be banned until they stop with the idiotic posts.

Until he makes it strictly a subscriber to subsciber only situation where you cannot access the information of non subscibers except for non specif over all statistical data.. it should be closed down... this new twist of giving subscibers the the right to personally specific track non-subscibers... should have closed down immediately... filling support case with MA to ban Tracker until these privacy concerns are addressed...:mad:

Brooklyn, just everybody who have the chat enabled could see who had a global/hof. So Entropia Tracker only takes info which is given to anyone.

Greetings
che

Brooklyn, just everybody who have the chat enabled could see who had a global/hof. So Entropia Tracker only takes info which is given to anyone.

Greetings
che

I know that.... but there is difference between a simple one time rolling screen posting and the maintaining a permenent record... by an outside source... I believe that if want your stats stored for your personal purposes and want EF tracker to do that that is fine... If you personally want those displayed as part of your account and listing of achievements by them that is also fine... what I am angry about is the permenant public record keeping of an outside vendor of my information in a private game... I do not play EU in public... for public consumption.... Worse still is making personal information availible to others private indiviuals to publish on this forum as part of personal attacks against me... lame as they may be... In additon he missed an atrax global... which also makes the information false...

I am not a member of EF tracker... nor am I interested in their services... all I am asking for is the owner to act in an ethical manner in regards to that... and respect my privacy... to enjoy the game without harrasment...

I am asking MA... to not allow that type of information to be allowed to be gathered... on a personal basis... If he can use Optical character recognition to get the information... he can also use to specifically screen for those who have signed up for his services... it is only right and fair...

Filing a Support case for Brooklyn to be banned until they stop with the idiotic posts.

Knock youself out... maybe you should start a poll like your friend eggroll... I could use some more plus reps

I know that.... but there is difference between a simple one time rolling screen posting and the maintaining a permenent record...

In terms of data protection and copyright, no, there is no difference.

Change the record Brooklyn, we've discussed this several times.

In terms of data protection and copyright, no, there is no difference.

Change the record Brooklyn, we've discussed this several times.

I can maybe change EU's policy and they will restrict access and EF tracker can voluntarily change their policy....

I can certainly have the right to raise the issue on this forum so that others of like mind can be made aware... or people who are unaware now might find that I strike an ethical chord... in their consciousness...

Change the policy and I go away
Think of as my version of loot sucks

I can maybe change EU's policy and they will restrict access and EF tracker can voluntarily change their policy....

You want them to stop broadcasting globals and HoFs? And no more discoveries? Do you realise how badly that would affect the number of players?

I can certainly have the right to raise the issue on this forum so that others of like mind can be made aware... or people who are unaware now might find that I strike an ethical chord... in their consciousness...

Sure, and I have the right to tell you that you're talking ignorant uninformed bullshit for the 285th time.

Change the policy and I go away
Think of as my version of loot sucks

Bullying tactics, nice :rolleyes:

You want them to stop broadcasting globals and HoFs? And no more discoveries? Do you realise how badly that would affect the number of players?

I did not say that at all... not in any shape or from.... you can't read... and reading is fundamental...

Sure, and I have the right to tell you that you're talking ignorant uninformed bullshit for the 285th time.

You have been wrong and just as nasty for 285 times...

Bullying tactics, nice :rolleyes:

It's not a bullying tactic it's a fact... I have an issue it will take time maybe years to try and effect a change... that I believe would be good policy for both EU and EF tracker... In a world where people are becoming increasingly concerned about the web and their personal information... good companys remove that doubt or fear by making positive gestures even when they not required by law or convention... It is not a difficult or unreasonable request... to have a service that has the intergrity to limit and restrict the information it gathers to only those who have signed up for its services...

But what you dont understand is that Mindarks owns everything about that avatar. It is not your property, therefor not your Data. If Mindark doesn't want that data kept then they would not broadcast it in the chat. So to help out Oleg for the 286th time "It is not your Data" it is Mindarks.

I did not say that at all... not in any shape or from.... you can't read... and reading is fundamental...

Ah so you want them to broadcast them but you just don't want anyone to look at them, I see.

Anyway, this is off-topic, no need to troll this thread.

Ah so you want them to broadcast them but you just don't want anyone to look at them, I see.

Anyway, this is off-topic, no need to troll this thread.

It is not off topic as the opening OP piece offers a service where you can punch in any player's name and get a toltal list of their the stats... not just that they made global but the amounts as well....

I would like MA to allow for the option of not having you your stats made public.... the same way you can restrict the stats on your avatar.

But what you dont understand is that Mindarks owns everything about that avatar. It is not your property, therefor not your Data. If Mindark doesn't want that data kept then they would not broadcast it in the chat. So to help out Oleg for the 286th time "It is not your Data" it is Mindarks.

Justin I understand the American ethics of what I can away is legitmate... I know the data is theirs... to wiht as they wish under the EULA... I can ask that they change the way they make it availible to third parties like EF tracker... I can point out that it while it may be legal... it is unethical IMHO to allow third parties to use that personal information without my consent...

...More or less everything...

You fail to see one somewhat important thing here.
Entropia Tracker USED to use OCR to obtain the data. As well as the other sites out there which does the exact same as Entropia tracker.
However, since VU 10.0 MindArk has decided to enable something called "main chat logging" from inside Entropia Universe. What this does is to store EVERYTHING you see in your chat in a file called chat.log

Hence, if you choose to enable this logging of the chat you will automatically save all the global data to your machine.
What this means is that Entropia Tracker, in regards to privacy, dosent "violate" anything which isent already violated by MindArk (if you belive that avatar data is personal data).

If Entropia Tracker (and all the other tracker sites) dident exist - I could still see patterns in what you globalled on, simply by turning on main chat logging... And searching for your name.
What Entropia Tracker does is to format the data so it is easier to browse through and to give you an option to see various charts and stats of players, mobs, items, minerals and so on.

Thus, eventho I might understand your concerns about privacy of your avatar - I do very strongly belive you are asking the wrong entity to hide your details. This I base on two key elements.

1: MindArk has enabeld everyone to save everything to their computer using the chat.log.
2: Other sites exist which does the same as entropia tracker, thus you will need (in the name of fairness) to say that "All sites must ensure that anyone who hasent agreed to have their data displaied - can not be found on those site". Now - without thinking too much about it I would assume that the easiest way is to cut off the datastream at the root so to speak. Namely to get MindArk not to 1: broad cast the data, 2: enable main chat logging.

You might have success in getting them to stop the main chat logging (alltho I have yet to see MindArk make changes to their software based on "demands" from a few participants. But I am pretty sure, that even if they so decided they would never in a million years allow for the global messages in that chat window to be thrown away since MindArk (as i mentioned in my interview on AHR) lives of the idea of one person viewing the chat and getting all excited about the big loots.

So to sum up:
MindArk provides the data for everyone in the chat.log - this is saved to your machine as a historical record. We do not do anything MindArk does not already offer for everyone.

To point out one other thing here, is that, by that definition, every other player in the game, is a 3rd party. Every client, is equipped with the ability to log chats. It is not difficult, to move that data into a database and parse selected info out of it. Ergo, it is not difficult for several people to log chats, include their data into the db, and parse data out of it. And what do you get? Tracker... :D

It is quite simple to prevent others from seeing your personal global/HoF information. You can merely create an account at Tracker, and select that none of your info be shown. The data will still be used to fulfill Trackers primary purpose, which is tracking trends in loot/globals/HoFs, etc, but nothing personal will be diplayed unless you choose it to be. This costs you nothing in any way. And, it does not require you to even download the software, or use the service, in any fashion.

Which, by the way, you would be totally unable to prevent, if a group of 3rd parties (ie, other players) chose to parse logged chat data, and use that info as they saw fit.

And, I do believe, this is what the particular avatar, that sparked this issue, did.

So really, the only thing I can see here, is that you are jumping on a soap box, and lashing out at a particular service without understanding even the basics of how that service operates, or the steps it has taken to protect individual data. Total waste of posts, and a poor attempt at getting attention. Next...

I cant help but relate this kind of reaction to those that desire to burn books. OMG, they contain data, facts even!!

Last edited:
Found it.

Edit:- so if this chatlog file is deleted each time when we log out what is its purpose?

Last edited:
Found it.

Edit:- so if this chatlog file is deleted each time when we log out what is its purpose?

Security in short.
Next version of the tracker client will be able to "save" the entire chat.log to a "full_chat.log" or something.

Unable to log in...

I have successfuly downloaded and installed the client but when I try to log in I am told the name or password is in error.
I have tried my ET login details (name and password) and for a second attempt I used my ET login name and the API number but still no success.
Any ideas?
Win XP SP3
Mozilla Firefox

I have successfuly downloaded and installed the client but when I try to log in I am told the name or password is in error.
I have tried my ET login details (name and password) and for a second attempt I used my ET login name and the API number but still no success.
Any ideas?
Win XP SP3
Mozilla Firefox

if you just "copy / paste" the API key from the website.. there will be a "blank character" in the end - remove this, and try again. :)

if you just "copy / paste" the API key from the website.. there will be a "blank character" in the end - remove this, and try again. :)
Thanks mate,that seems to have worked :yay:
Now I have the tracker on but I have a red coloured "STOPPED" which does not go away when I enter EU :scratch2:

Hello,

I am not able to get my tracker to work. Main chat log is set i entropia tracker and in EU.

I am on Vista 64bit

any suggestions

thanks

Try re-installing, I seem to have a problem too. After each new update despite having the correct settings the tracker doesn't work.

In order for me to get the tracker to work, I have to re-install it and it works properly. I don't know why, but this seems to work for me.

Clicking the 'Start Logging' button works too from what I hear ;)

Just so i get this right

I need to launch tracker, then launch entropia, then wait for some chat/global to appear in global chat, go back to tracker and press start logging?

Rgds

Ace

Just so i get this right

I need to launch tracker, then launch entropia, then wait for some chat/global to appear in global chat, go back to tracker and press start logging?

Rgds

Ace

no launch tracker, loggin, then start logging make sure it says started in green then launch EU and play :)

no launch tracker, loggin, then start logging make sure it says started in green then launch EU and play :)

Thank you for that +rep, it does work but i need to click on setup each time, not an issue, got a short cut for it on desktop now :)

And it lauches the client as well, which is damn handy :)

Rgds

Ace

Back