New Community Manager

Status
I have nothing against forwarding our (FPC's) concerns that we get from the community over to MindArk. That's something I've been doing from the start and will keep doing, and I hope you dont get the impression that was going to stop? Like I mentioned, even if I dont represent MindArk, doesn't mean MindArk and FPC talk.

The only problem for me is when people expect answers back from MindArk and look to me for them, which is pretty often. Yes its internal, but if you want the reason why I can't give you answers then that's it right there. Im not MindArk, I dont have natural access to that information. That's not a situation I can change.

Public buglists/task lists isn't a bad idea. Ill consider it and take it up for discussion internally. However that'd be for FPC related issues, not MindArk's.

Why my loot so bad??? ANSWER ME!! NOW !!!!!

I have nothing against forwarding our (FPC's) concerns that we get from the community over to MindArk. That's something I've been doing from the start and will keep doing, and I hope you dont get the impression that was going to stop? Like I mentioned, even if I dont represent MindArk, doesn't mean MindArk and FPC talk.

The only problem for me is when people expect answers back from MindArk and look to me for them, which is pretty often. Yes its internal, but if you want the reason why I can't give you answers then that's it right there. Im not MindArk, I dont have natural access to that information. That's not a situation I can change.

Public buglists/task lists isn't a bad idea. Ill consider it and take it up for discussion internally. However that'd be for FPC related issues, not MindArk's.

Hanne,

What I'm trying to explain, is that what is frustrating is that we community dont know if our instances, whishlists, bugs, concerns are even taken in consideration by CM/FPC/MA world.

What "upsets" me is the silence, or the lack of constant flux of communication. If we could be aware of FACTS, there would be no need of that flux to be overwhelming on your side.

So the idea of a public list of "targeted" subjects would be useful for us to know what FPC is taking into account. Not FPC? Ok, "Forwarded to MA", and we'll know where to rant.

And believe me, a buglist/wishlist is something so normal in IT, that I'm surprised MA/FPC (not you yourself) never though about it.

And. So many time you read here "What about taming"? An entry with "Taming -> Forwarded to MA, no ETA available" would at least clarify that someone somewhere is aware of OUR COMMUNITY request.

I eated it. :(

What an incredibly wise and helpful answer, we'd be lost without your advice!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

btw. simple past of "to eat" is "ate" - like in "I ate your loot" - when you fancy making fun of others concerns, at least make an effort and use correct grammar...

Last edited:

And let me add a maliciuous thing ;)

If we realize that all our concerns must be directed to MindArk responsability "because it's MindArk related", maybe FPC/MA may reconsider your position and move your chair from FPC office to MA ones :) so that the community is best served

What an incredibly wise and helpful answer, we'd be lost without your advice!!!!!

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

btw. simple past of "to eat" is "ate" - like in "I ate your loot" - when you fancy making fun of others concerns, at least make an effort and use correct grammar...

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=eated http://farm1.static.flickr.com/119/299000164_4d7398dbf6.jpg ;) A joke. Handle with care. You know very very well I dont have anything to do with loot and so does Chery.

Hanne,

What I'm trying to explain, is that what is frustrating is that we community dont know if our instances, whishlists, bugs, concerns are even taken in consideration by CM/FPC/MA world.

And I heard you. And I'm not saying you're not right. Im explaining the situation Im currently in, because that was asked of me in this thread.
And regarding wishlists/bugs/concerns - they are taking into consideration. If there's something important you feel I'm missing out on, feel free to PM me. :)

Hanne, please forward to MA how the community is frustrated by their lack of communication.

Thank you. :)

Hanne, please forward to MA how the community is frustrated by their lack of communication.

Thank you. :)

I do so ever so often. :) I've been having discussions with them lately about the communication and how we are to solve the situation. We'll see how it goes. Ill keep on pressing the matter ;)

I'm glad my post a few days ago generated 120+ posts of discussion.
I'm happy Hanne is back to add to the discussion.

This discussion went off topic a few times but more or less everyone agreed with my original post. I hope that the concerns and ideas generated in this thread are now on the top of the list for priority.

I look forward to the changes. But people have been looking forward to changes for about 5+ years now. Time will tell.

Really? That explains so much.

ex Guest, I believe that was a type on Hanne's part. As she said in a post earlier MA and FPC DO talk. But Hanne doesn't Represent MA.

And that's what I do. :) But I use the Gateway to communicate back answers since EF is not our own forum and I want all EU forums/communities to have easy access to my communicating (RSS feed for example..)

Well there is one flaw in the thing sort of, yes posting on the gateway is good, but posting the answer there also kills the possible discussion on the forum sort of. Ie we need both :)

I do so ever so often. :) I've been having discussions with them lately about the communication and how we are to solve the situation. We'll see how it goes. Ill keep on pressing the matter ;)

This you should had told us earlier :) this is exactly the stuff we want to know. A little list/blogpost what u been working on during the week would be great.

For example.

Monday:
Bugged Marco for more coffe in the coffeemachine.
Bugged Spawn managed about calamusioid spawn, he's fixing..

Tuesday:
Had discussions with MA about the community and lack of communication from MA.

And so on. maybe dont have to be so exact but this information would be kick ass if we could get, then we KNOW stuff is actually being done and what is being done :)

A suggestion would be to look into how stardock do their stuff because that company cares a buttload about their community :)

First step HUGGLES TO HANNE * HMMMMMPHPPPPPPPHHHHHHH *

I went away to vacation japan for a bit and come back and theres vehicles handing out and longtooths soon and all this fun stuff! things working really great. I have to say this one of the best in game times every with regards to smoothness and less problems, of course theres systems not up yet but thats totally mindark not FPC / Hanne. I am happy to see all the wonderful stuff down the pipe and sure am enjoying my newly tiered to 3 gun ( thank you Jenna star ). I do hope things get finishes sorting out and we get all systems back soon and soon see all the wonderful new things we get to play with in game. Thank you Hanne for telling us what you can it must be difficult being excited about things to come and not able to tell all about it heheh

I am a bit worries about all the people who seem to loose not hundreds of peds but thousands on the longtooths it seems unbalanced but I am sure it be look into by mindark not FPC

SO all you angry types no saying anything mean to Hanne or you have to deal with kitten fury -.-

And lastly.. Regarding WoF; WoF is a FPC sponsored event but not a FPC event. I've told the WoF Management that the hand-out wouldn't be until at least August, since it is vacation-season (I don't know if they've communicated this or not. ) I'm can't do such alone, not yet anyway.

Your response is always greatly appreciated. :)

No, Hurrikane has not posted anything about it being in August. Rayne I think mentioned in a thread I'd made a while ago in the WOF 2010 section that they'd have to hear from FPC and then would know when it was. No more communication in that thread about August.

That all said - I understand the vacations.. but - Is there some reason that is couldn't have been done in advance since the final event date was known instead of making people wait for over a month??? Is there some reason unknown to us that it couldn't have been done???

I would think - for the community excitement surrounding it all that having the awards given out right after or the next day would be the best thing FPC could have done from a community stand point.

Also - promoting FPC and the amount of loots etc from the event would have made a great story on a gaming site or two don't you think? Having an article a month or more after the event isn't very exciting.

There was an epic match between USA and England the same weekend they were competing in the World Cup. There's another missed news story that might have got picked up on the 'wires'. I know I'm talking more about marketing / advertising and that's always been lacking there. In fairness I guess since selling there's not much use in promoting but still it's never been done very well imho.

Thanks again for the reply.

*please don't eated my jacket ;)

I have to agree ... that there was more than one missed opportunity with regard to news stories and front page articles surrounding what many see as the premiere annual event in EU, and it's a shame that it wasn't taken advantage of. I also have to agree that something should have been done, mentioned, communicated publicly regarding awards, etc. I know that Casay has been on a rampage about this issue, but quite frankly, I really don't blame her.

Also ... thank you for your responses Hanne, they are appreciated, and hopefully we will hear more from you, and more frequently. However, some of the suggestions made after your responses are quite valid, and I hope that they are considered. The Gateway is one unique way of communicating, and I believe that Bertha Bot captures the postings if I'm not mistaken, so what you write there gets to the forum anyway, but more interaction as suggested would definitely go a long way toward appeasing a communication-hungry community. As a long-time previous player yourself, I'm sure you can appreciate this.

Looking forward to the progression of communication! :D

any chance that we get to see some holiday pics? :yay:

Hanne you are like a hungered element in this game... get yer ass to swamp camp once in a while..you can learn much there and not just about complaints and issues.... take the chat spamming for example..swamp is a nightmare sometimes. The mob spawns are pathetic..sweaters all bunched up like sardines with newbie hunters. Get inside the service center and see if you have room to breath.. stuff like that :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to agree ... that there was more than one missed opportunity with regard to news stories and front page articles surrounding what many see as the premiere annual event in EU, and it's a shame that it wasn't taken advantage of. I also have to agree that something should have been done, mentioned, communicated publicly regarding awards, etc. I know that Casay has been on a rampage about this issue, but quite frankly, I really don't blame her.

I hope that Hanne and FPC realize my 'rampage' has more to due with the lack of stories and promotions surrounding it than me getting my jacket. Sure, I'd love to have it but as a community orientated person myself I really hate to see such missed opportunities continue. :( Yep, WOF is 'THE' yearly community event. I would have loved to have seen a weekly story with updates on the front page. I know that Hurrikane and Rayne wrote in the WOF 2010 threads but given the hype of it all an update every two weeks on the front page here would have rocked :) It's not like we have a ton of front page stuff here... ... :rolleyes:

These are suggestions for the future and I hope they are taken in the spirit of what they are given - to help the community as a whole and promote FPC.

As community person I would have had a list:
WOF
- How can we utilize our support for it in helping promote FPC / EU?
(White boards of ideas.... ... )
- Make sure news stories are posted after each bi-weekly event.
- Send stories out over the gaming 'wires' and include monetary amounts as that will get attention. (Look for things during each event that might be more newsworthy - ie the USA v England match same weekend as World Cup.)
- Coordinate in advance with the graphics department and whomever else to have the prizes ready at the end of the event or the next weekend at the latest.

All of the above in my quickly thought out list requires.. communication... ............

Maybe next year instead of competing I'll help Hurrikane and Rayne as a judge and / or attempt writing some to help promote things. Better yet, talk Coop into being the 'official' writer of WOF.. she'd ROCK IT! :cool:

So, what does she do as Community Manager?

ma_cm.jpg

Sil$

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=eated http://farm1.static.flickr.com/119/299000164_4d7398dbf6.jpg ;) A joke. Handle with care. You know very very well I dont have anything to do with loot and so does Chery.

• urbandictionary is NO source of information, by no means - try a regular dictionairy and you will see there is no such word.
  • the sad smiley after your little "joke" makes it hard to believe you made a light-hearted, sympathetic joke...
  • and even if it was really meant in jest: such a reaction on the addressed topic is pretty tasteless imo - it seems you have forgotted how bad loots can be at times, and how frustrating that was (or still is for others)...

:rolleyes:

• urbandictionary is NO source of information, by no means - try a regular dictionairy and you will see there is no such word.
  • the sad smiley after your little "joke" makes it hard to believe you made a light-hearted, sympathetic joke...
  • and even if it was really meant in jest: such a reaction on the addressed topic is pretty tasteless imo - it seems you have forgotted how bad loots can be at times, and how frustrating that was (or still is for others)...

What do you expect? Hanne has crossed to the dark side now :vampire: Brainwashed for life :laugh:

But I do agree with you in relation to her response to Cherry's question (whether serious or not) though.

lighten up dude.

hanne said she cant talk about MA related stuff. loot = ma

i find the joke with the cookie funny. Proves that she still is a gamer first hand and not a boring in a suit complete clueless manager who doesnt even knows how to play :D

The separation of FPC and MA is a tricky one, because why should I as a customer care who MA is ? I buy the FPC product, the fact that half of the system is belonging to MA is not of my concern. Am I a MA or a FPC customer ? It's tricky...

MA have built a very tricky setup because of Travel between planets. So very time I travel I am the customer of another planet.... so who do I talk to when I have problems ? MA ? Rocktropia ? FPC ?

Maybe the real problem is that MA has just completely disappeared from the surface instread of being right there upfront.

As long as there is no MA representatives out there to talk to the community, it will end up on FPCs plate... no surprise. And in that case the customer also expects feedback from FPC, even if it's MA responsibility. Do I care ?

And, as a matter of fact, even if Loot is a MA responsibility. FPC is a customer of MA and they should give MA hell if their setup is not up to scratch... ;)

Just a bit more rambling on my side.

Hanne,

what would be nice on a public issue list is if it was a list where we could see who raised the issue, like, EF Community, Fix Lag in area X, ---> Fixed by MA.

So that would show progress and interaction. It would give the community a feeling that the communication indeed does work both ways and that there is real interACTION ;)

lighten up dude.

hanne said she cant talk about MA related stuff. loot = ma

i find the joke with the cookie funny. Proves that she still is a gamer first hand and not a boring in a suit complete clueless manager who doesnt even knows how to play :D

This time I have to agee with ranpha ... chill guys ;)

All your base are belong to us :D

Status
Back