New Community Manager

Status
I
However it's information that should have be told to us by a MA representative.

Bingo so why put this in a thread about Hanne then? Who is from FPC and not MindArk

/off topic
And ofc MindArk wants more profit, god name me a company that doesnt want that ! The banking lisence also ensure more investors that are protected aginst anyway bankrupt. I dont know what MindArk is thinking abut believe me .

But i dont believe MindArk is making a game where nobody want to play anymore. Watch to the new and improved MindForce system or the car system. They try and sometimes they fail. Just like another company that suddenly wanted that all forum poster included there REAL name. Companys make mistakes yup... thats why they are companys.

/ontopc

Can we stick to Hanne now ?

the tt value for the last 6 months you depoed is guaranteed by MA. So saying they can just pay 1% is wrong.

It's simple: If they don't have the money liquid they can't pay you.

Not reinvesting the deposits would be deadly. How do you supose you can run a company when you have to put all of your income on a bank account and not touch (enlight me and tell me that MA gets revenue from the ingame adds :laugh:). Even a bank doesn't guarantee you that they pay you back all the money if they go bancrupt, they only guarantee you a certain sum. See island...

MA/FPC isn't even capable of getting a banking licence due to lack of funds. And now you are telling me that MA/FPC offers a better guarantee for my money then every real live bank does?

Not reinvesting the deposits would be deadly. How do you supose you can run a company when you have to put all of your income on a bank account and not touch (enlight me and tell me that MA gets revenue from the ingame adds :laugh:). Even a bank doesn't guarantee you that they pay you back all the money if they go bancrupt, they only guarantee you a certain sum. See island...

MA/FPC isn't even capable of getting a banking licence due to lack of funds. And now you are telling me that MA/FPC offers a better guarantee for my money then every real live bank does?

What has this to do with the new community manager anyway ?

What has this to do with the new community manager anyway ?

Why can't the community manager tell us that the most (for me and many others i know) anticipated feature (RL banking license) won't get implemented due to the lack of money?

Ahh, that's not an FPC issue...oh wait but FPC sold it as a feature of their planet...ah stupid me: FPC still thinks that the real life banking deal is going to happen :laugh:

Last edited:
Why can't the community manager tell us that the most (for me and many others i know) anticipated feature (RL banking license) won't get implemented due to the lack of money?

Ahh, that's not an FPC issue...oh wait but FPC sold it as a feature of their planet...ah stupid me: FPC still thinks that the real life banking deal is going to happen :laugh:

Just to put things right: When the RL banking license was announced FPC and MA were defacto the same company ;-)

In case you didnt read this or dont want to read

Let me just first point out that I am not MindArk's Community Manager.
I'm not MA/FPC.
I am just First Planet Company's Community Manager.

And while I have at times communicated MindArk's business to you, that is not directly my responsibility. However if MindArk gives us (FPC) something to communicate then that's all jolly good and of course I want to forward it to you! I understand that this can be confusing. The upside is that it might be more clearly divided in the future. That MindArk needs to communicate more I think we all can agree on. But please try to remember, I'm representing a Planet Partner, not MindArk.

That Im not representing MindArk doesn't mean that FPC and MA does not talk. If we (FPC) experience that our community is unhappy about something MindArk does, we'll do internal discussions about it. I note down what I come across that is worth discussing and bring it further, but that doesn't always mean Ill have news to report back.

So .... redirect your question to a MA official I guess

well the money is guaranteed, ie it's not being used by MA/fpc. This is also why they changed it to last 6 months deposits. all other money MA can use if they wish.

In case you didnt read this or dont want to read

So .... redirect your question to a MA official I guess

This is not helpful because no one from MA cares about us.

well the money is guaranteed, ie it's not being used by MA/fpc. This is also why they changed it to last 6 months deposits. all other money MA can use if they wish.

Yeah it's guaranteed, but that doesn't mean that you will get your money back in case of failure. At least here in central europe liabilities are hierarchical. To get a bank credit or a credit from an investor you have to put them on top of that list. The customers usually come last. So if MA or FPC goes insolvent (not that I think that this will happen) the remaining money will go to the persons who or on the top first. Only if there's money left after the big inverstors got their share the ppl on the floor of the liability list will get their money back. But if there would be money left to do that, there wouldn't have been a reason that the company got insolvent. So this guarantee is worth absolutely nothing. Wait: It reads well and ppl fall for it.

If MA had a banking license that would change, because the guarante would not come from the company but from the state. So if MA/FPC would go bancrupt the state would fullfill their liabilities. (It's a bit more complex though...)

This is the reason why getting a RL banking license would have been a very huge step - in fact the biggest step ever- in the right direction.

Besides that: I think the game aspect of Entropia got improved a lot in the last year, so I think Entropia will go on as a game. But the vision that made me and others join Entropia is more and more destructed. When I joined Entropia a few years ago I had the vision that this plattform will be the future of entertainment, a place full of social, cultural and economic life...

If MA had a banking license that would change

I am not sure but I believe that in the rumors I read back when this first came up there was another company named MindBank involved, which would have the banking license.
So its quite possible that we players would not be linked to the bank company as customers and thus our property would not be backed up by the Swedish state.

Did MA ever announce anything specific about the bank license for the public or am I remembering it correctly that all the expectations stem from rumors and hearsay?

Some quotes from the press release regarding the bank (from 3/2009):

“This is an exciting and important development for the future of all virtual worlds being built, using the Entropia Platform. Together with our partner planet owner companies we will be in a position to offer real bank services to the inhabitants of our virtual universe,” said Jan Welter Timkrans, CEO of MindArk.

"When deposits are made into Entropia they will actually be made directly into our own bank, which will follow the strict European banking regulations. The bank will be continuously monitored and audited by the financial authorities. This will provide added security for both planet partners and users. Like all banks in Sweden, our bank will enter the government guarantee program, which will ultimately guarantee users' and partners' funds by the national government," said Timkrans. "We will also be able to issue cards directly to our customers thereby reducing user fees to a minimum."

"We have seen this happen to all virtual game economies and irresponsible real-world countries like, for example, Zimbabwe where inflation last year was about a trillion percent," said Timkrans. "In the Entropia Universe, inflation is kept under control. Some hard to obtain items, as in real life, rise in value to incredible levels but the basic consumer items follow a pretty stable pricing, and in real life inflation is measured on basic consumer products and not on for example the price increase on paintings by Andy Warhol."

I just added the bold highlight for all those "MA guarantees you TT-value" junkies.

Mony , mony , mony,

Always funny, ...

and A big

BUMP

PS Hanne, screw this and fucus on stuff ingame, best of luck, don't forget the
N00bs :D

Thanks Galadea, I googled parts of your quote and found the article you meant.

http://www.virtualgoodsnews.com/2009/03/mindark-brings-real-banking-into-entropia-universe.html

Okay so you quoted this part already but let me do so again:
"Like all banks in Sweden, our bank will enter the government guarantee program, which will ultimately guarantee users' and partners' funds by the national government,"

We are talking "new bank" here, given what I know establishing a bank will take a real long time.
So I honestly don't expect anything much at the user side before the next 5 to 10 years.
But if it means we can get functioning cash cards in 10 years thats good by me, maybe I will even have figured out how to profit until then :silly2:

I am not sure but I believe that in the rumors I read back when this first came up there was another company named MindBank involved, which would have the banking license.
So its quite possible that we players would not be linked to the bank company as customers and thus our property would not be backed up by the Swedish state.

Did MA ever announce anything specific about the bank license for the public or am I remembering it correctly that all the expectations stem from rumors and hearsay?

If you read the annual report of 2009 http://www.mindark.com/press/financial-reports/documents/MindArk-arsredovisning-2009.pdf

You will see that there isn't a real bank set up yet, this is postponed. So MindBank doesn't really exist yet.

Vacation over 1+ months ago..... sigh...

Community manager must be some kind of titular thing only... but they should at least tell us... :rolleyes:

Status
Back