Question: new computer build ... thoughts?

got everything, all in working condition nothing showed up busted :yay:

been using it for a couple days now and its it light years faster then my old machine.

entropia on an old 7600gs video card was kinda lame. on the new 460 even my wife said wow when she came in my office to see what i was doing (playing EU). max everything even AA even during the PA relaunch with everyone there still no drop in FPS.

got everything, all in working condition nothing showed up busted :yay:

been using it for a couple days now and its it light years faster then my old machine.

entropia on an old 7600gs video card was kinda lame. on the new 460 even my wife said wow when she came in my office to see what i was doing (playing EU). max everything even AA even during the PA relaunch with everyone there still no drop in FPS.

Cool, and the 460 doesn't get hot at all (compared to the GF100 Fermi). Oh, and if you wanna upgrade in a near future the SLI performance of the 460s is aprox. 90%, awesome.

Can you do some benchmark? I'm curious =D

Cool, and the 460 doesn't get hot at all (compared to the GF100 Fermi). Oh, and if you wanna upgrade in a near future the SLI performance of the 460s is aprox. 90%, awesome.

Can you do some benchmark? I'm curious =D

sure i wouldnt mind im kinda curious my self what are some good ones to run? is there a way to get EU to show FPS?

alright, following most of the advice aside from power supply maker (just cant afford the corsair) ive come up with....

AMD Athlon II X4 620 Propus 2.6GHz
ASUS M4A87TD/USB3 AM3 AMD 870 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333
COOLER MASTER Silent Pro M700 RS-700-AMBA-D3 700W
PNY XLR8 VCGGTX4601XPB-OC GeForce GTX 460
Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKS 500GB 7200 RPM
Rosewill CHALLENGER Black Gaming ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
LG 22X DVD Burner
Hanns·G HZ201HPB Black 20" 5ms HDMI Widescreen LCD Monitor

an HDMI cable, some thermal paste, and a copy of win7.

total is coming in at $917.40

thoughts on this version?

busting the budget by $17 isnt bad considering thats with the copy of windows the first build didnt at 900.

Who did you buy from?

Who did you buy from?

newegg.com dont know if they have and aus devision but here in the US they are my defacto source for parts.

so i ran the 3Dmark and the PCmark tests and got these results.

PCMarkSuite 6143
3DMark Score P14993
CPU Score 35505
Graphics Score 12572

not sure what that means really. in the break down info there was this data:
Jane Nash: 37.06 FPS
New Calico: 36.59 FPS
AI Test: 1070.9 Operations/s
Physics Test: 143.54 Operations/s

any benchmark people care to explain any of it?

during the PCmark tests i was able to see my CPU monitor and only maybe twice did the testing manage to get all 4 cores up to 100% the heat hit 55c. at no time during either test did i hear any fans spin up above the idle levels. this thing seems to just tear up anything i throw at it. it is the badass upgrade i wanted and needed.

and if anyone has anything else they want me to run ... just post it here and ill run it.

Last edited:
Back