New CryENGINE Screenshots

Does this imply we will have to re-create our avatars for VU 10.0 or is this for future new players?

yes they have mentioned that in the past several times.

Dont you remember VU 9.0 ?

CE2 is a whole new engine....

So yes we all gotta remake our avatars. I hope I get 100 peds back from the haircut I bought some months back...Or I get to keep my haircut. but the rest I gotta remake.

I do indeed, but havent seen it said officially on EF that we are re-creating ourselves with VU 10.0

So yes we all gotta remake our avatars. I hope I get 100 peds back from the haircut I bought some months back...Or I get to keep my haircut. but the rest I gotta remake.

MA said, theyll try to take our "old" avatar models to the world of CE2.

Well, if there are already Atroxes crushing through trees to kill you.
Ithaca with snow.
Moving avatars interacting with bushes and trees...

...and as we havent seen any videos of it yet, it can only mean its way beyond finished.

Last edited:
...and as we havent seen any videos of it yet, it can only mean its way beyond finished.

I think this last statement is very true. MA like to show off stuff to the media, and the release of screenshots (and not video) only suggests that either:

1) gameplay is going to change dramatically and they don't know how to break it to their user base. (i.e. trees etc. will provide cover from mobs and will make it more difficult to hit stuff, therefore cost more to the player)
2) gameplay isn't going to change and mobs can run through trees / rocks / etc. as usual, therefore they don't want to show this off to the media because everyone will laugh at the stupidity of it all.

new pics...

Is this what we have been waiting for...well i dont know about anyone else, but i dont think it looks much different...lets hope it turns out better than it looks..

The "too shiny" comments should be ok when you eventually get to see your avatars in different clothing textures in different lighting (we may be a little too excited about the noon sunshine right now). Upcoming screen shots will aim to show more variation here.

I have to disagree with those that say we're basically getting the same Calypso as we have today. I think we've made leaps and bounds in terms of how the avatars and environments are integrated through lighting, shadows, weather, animations and interactions with objects like bushes, trees etc. Granted we haven't showed you that yet so the comments are understandable. We'll be looking at these aspects during the movie trailers.

So thanks for the feedback again - let's try to keep the communication channels open and enjoy the work.

/Frank

I spoke to some of the gfx ppl at school today about just that. They all said it was too much light on them, and from what i know of MA's previous gfx you have a bit of a habit to use to much light. Some areas in eu you need shades to look at as it's so bright. So please tone it down a bit.

I hope you got sunrays in btw or what ever they are called, ie sun going through the leaves.

Another thing that would be cool would be to let ppl edit the settings files for the enviroment and such, ie how light works etc. Often as can also be seen in crysis the community often end up with better results than the main devs do, and also more optimized. For example there is a mod for crysis that gives you like 15 more fps but at the same time increase the looks by a LOT. So that would be cool if we could do. And as that is not some dangerous settings to change i dont see the harm it could do. :)

I like it... now monsters pls.;)

One more time- I hate it

Thanks for that last post Frank. Good to see you are keeping up on the threads. Definately brighten up those armors (eon needs it! xD). More blue and dark grey like old style! :D

Thanks!

I do indeed, but havent seen it said officially on EF that we are re-creating ourselves with VU 10.0

It was said by an MA official on EF a long time ago that it is very likely. I've been holding off on avatar mods for a long time because they would just have to be redone for vu 10.0.

I am not searching around for the post though.

i think the graphcis look really good... but why are the backdrops so much more earth-like then current calypso.

looks very nice, not much different but very nice.

would have loved to see some mob textured clothing or everyone favorite the master coat but cant get everything, i would also say that the "at different times of day." statement seems a bit off as they all looked pretty much in full lighting.

anyway didnt read the whole thread but are there plans to show us more soon?

edit: re-read that and it sounds rather negative and that was not was i was going for, just simply not super excited about these as they dont seem to show us much of anything with a WOW! effect **no i dont mean orcs and elves ... i hope EU stays far away from orcs and elves to be honest**

If I’m not mistaking, It was MA itself that hyped up the Cry thing... We got to see videos about how this is gonna be better than finding your G spot. If I remember correctly (and please correct me if I’m wrong) there were links posted directly to the Cry site where we could watch the demos...

What was the purpose of that? Something like: “look what new shiny toy we just bought, and it can do soooo much, but don’t expect us to use it”?

Of course we are gonna compare it to the demo’s we saw.. to what else should we compare it? To Packman?

some have very good computers and pay in 25 to 50 usd every month too play and help eu . yes when ma said oh we got new engine but heay your money and time don,t count . then get little up set . ask most real girls reason come too the game cause of avatars and social chat as well as some ingame play . yes want best of the avatars and cloths the game engine can do . don,t have good cpu your fault don,t dum down ppl that do. easy have low graphic setting as very low to utra high wre dif computers can handle it.

ok i dont understand why futuristic have to be ugly ... armours was way better looking 2 years ago (especially helmets armours) i like the screens of the environment but armours, clothes looks ugly.
Saw this in other game developing maybe the moves of the avas is problem not sure but i forgot to ask then the guys that still making them.

My first impression: "Oh, they f****d shadow...."
Second impression: nice landscapes, the same avas as now. So what actually was 9.0 update for?

Waiting to see:
1. expressions of emotions on faces
2. hair that looks and behaves like hair, not seaweed. Bah, seaweed would be ok, at least it is floating...
3. improvements in HUD/interface (PIP Boy maybe? Or something with similar functionality, can be necklace, brooch, bracelet, whatever. Or the kind of HUD available in Crysis)
4. improvements in communication system (offline messaging - ingame e-mail, inter society chat, separate dot colour for allied society members, voice communication built ingame, unlimited FL with better sorting options)
5. improved avatar animations, so they stop moving like puppets and start like humans
6. additional tools built in the system: web browser, media player, calculator, screen capturing tool (with time and location stamp). Possibility to broadcast sound/vision to devices around the planet would be a nice bonus.
7. possibility to input exact coordinates when teleporting
8. possibility to turn off ground vegetation, wind or whatever candyeye stuff is going to be there.

Graphics? Cool. Necessary. It will attract new players for sure for a while, but situation will be back to normal shortly after new engine release.

this great question and with the ce2 all this is really easy to get done.

[...]Waiting to see:
1. expressions of emotions on faces
2. hair that looks and behaves like hair, not seaweed. Bah, seaweed would be ok, at least it is floating...
3. improvements in HUD/interface (PIP Boy maybe? Or something with similar functionality, can be necklace, brooch, bracelet, whatever. Or the kind of HUD available in Crysis)
4. improvements in communication system (offline messaging - ingame e-mail, inter society chat, separate dot colour for allied society members, voice communication built ingame, unlimited FL with better sorting options)
5. improved avatar animations, so they stop moving like puppets and start like humans
6. additional tools built in the system: web browser, media player, calculator, screen capturing tool (with time and location stamp). Possibility to broadcast sound/vision to devices around the planet would be a nice bonus.
7. possibility to input exact coordinates when teleporting
8. possibility to turn off ground vegetation, wind or whatever candyeye stuff is going to be there.[...]

Great list! (+1 rep), Personally I would put 3, 4 and 5 on the top of the list! I was surprised to realize when I started that I could not send a direct message to someone that I had not met ingame. (Like people had to meet to be able to call on each others RL cellphone...)

[...]I think we've made leaps and bounds in terms of how the avatars and environments are integrated through lighting, shadows, weather, animations and interactions with objects like bushes, trees etc. Granted we haven't showed you that yet so the comments are understandable. We'll be looking at these aspects during the movie trailers.[...]

Thank you for the update Frank. Looking forward to see the things you mention in highres videos... soon... well, very soon... now or yesterday even! ;)

Last edited:
Hi
Thanks for your comments during the weekend. We've noted the facial textures and will be able to show more "realistic" facial textures in the future and during the avatar creation process. We've also noted the colors of the high end armors and will discuss that also.

The "too shiny" comments should be ok when you eventually get to see your avatars in different clothing textures in different lighting (we may be a little too excited about the noon sunshine right now). Upcoming screen shots will aim to show more variation here.

I have to disagree with those that say we're basically getting the same Calypso as we have today. I think we've made leaps and bounds in terms of how the avatars and environments are integrated through lighting, shadows, weather, animations and interactions with objects like bushes, trees etc. Granted we haven't showed you that yet so the comments are understandable. We'll be looking at these aspects during the movie trailers.

So thanks for the feedback again - let's try to keep the communication channels open and enjoy the work.

/Frank

Ok, so we know (for quite a while) that CE2 will bring to EU new, stunning graphics and new physics as well. Could we see new physics in action? In last trailer ava movement didn't seem to be different from what we have now (yet very different from what we can see in Crysis), apart from rather strange animations of drilling. Can we see how avatar interacts with surroundings? Runnig, strifing, jumping, swimming, moving through vegetation and so on?

Hi
Thanks for your comments during the weekend.....blah, blah, blah...let's try to keep the communication channels open and enjoy the work.

/Frank

This preview is akin to your updates. Why bother updating us about CE2 when every "update" uncludes a bunch of words and a pushed-back release date?

Why give us a preview of the new graphics when they are not at their best and look little better than they do now?

If you can't put your best foot forward and show progress and/or what we can really expect, just have a hot chick(you have a couple of those in Sweden, y'know) slow-riding on a mechanical bull with an Entropia T-shirt. That we we all get something we enjoy to look at, no promises are made that can be broken, and who is going to flame hottie in a good slow-ride?;)

Seriously, though, this is PR 101. You know we are going to rip-apart anything you post even if it only has a small typo.

/CAPS ON

UNLESS YOU HAVE ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT TO POST, DON'T! NOBODY GETS HURT! NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS! DON'T TRY AND SHOW MINIMAL PROGRESS WHEN YOU KNOW A MILESTONE YOU HAD SET NOT LONG AGO IS FAST APPROACHING AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU CANNOT MEET IT!

/CAPS OFF

Sorry, but I have to make this clear. I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm past that now...now it's just getting sad...like watching a little kid trying to get a drink from a fountain that is too high for him to drink from, but I can't lift him to the spigot because nowadays people will just think I'm a perv trying to molest him. So I'll just kick an egg-crate over to him and hope he gets the idea...

*Frigid kicks an egg-crate to FPC...

Of course, the first step is to simply transfer the "game" to the new system. To try to transfer the game AND make all the enhancements would be pure foolishness.

But it is this massive effort to transfer the game from the existing engine to the new system that is BUILDING THE FOUNDATION FOR NEW POSSIBILITIES OF GAMEPLAY.

ye thats true ;)

/CAPS ON

UNLESS YOU HAVE ANYTHING SIGNIFICANT TO POST, DON'T! NOBODY GETS HURT! NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS! DON'T TRY AND SHOW MINIMAL PROGRESS WHEN YOU KNOW A MILESTONE YOU HAD SET NOT LONG AGO IS FAST APPROACHING AND YOU FEEL LIKE YOU CANNOT MEET IT!

/CAPS OFF

and when they did what you talk about 95 percent of the people complain becuase there is no information

remember back end of 05 begining of 06 when no information came from ma it was horrid i would rather it the way it is now with the teasers

This preview is akin to your updates. Why bother updating us about CE2 when every "update" uncludes a bunch of words and a pushed-back release date?

Why give us a preview of the new graphics when they are not at their best and look little better than they do now?

If you can't put your best foot forward and show progress and/or what we can really expect, just have a hot chick(you have a couple of those in Sweden, y'know) slow-riding on a mechanical bull with an Entropia T-shirt. That we we all get something we enjoy to look at, no promises are made that can be broken, and who is going to flame hottie in a good slow-ride?;)

Seriously, though, this is PR 101. You know we are going to rip-apart anything you post even if it only has a small typo.

/CAPS ON

/CAPS OFF

Sorry, but I have to make this clear. I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm past that now...now it's just getting sad...like watching a little kid trying to get a drink from a fountain that is too high for him to drink from, but I can't lift him to the spigot because nowadays people will just think I'm a perv trying to molest him. So I'll just kick an egg-crate over to him and hope he gets the idea...

*Frigid kicks an egg-crate to FPC...

I'd like to nominate Frigid for the Hermaphroditic Drama Queen Whiner Fanboy of the Year Award.

What is sad is your continued effort to drum yourself up as some marketing guru. Many of us like the development screens and previews we're getting along the way here. And since it's obvious you have no clue about what you're whining about, the processes involved, or even what others on this forum are directly asking FPC for, how about spare us the delusions of grandeur and your pretend marketing credentials and chill out or take a vacation for a few months and come back later? Or better yet, why not go spend your "valuable" time doing your other "promotional" work?

Please don't feel that your commentary on the update process or FPC's marketing experience is needed, requested, or appreciated. We of the forum release you from your imaginary calling as our marketing analysis leader so that you can return your vaunted "expertise" to helping whatever clients are foolishly relying on your advice.

Your services are no longer required. :D

well, i didnt think they were that good,

Simply stunning! I can't wait for this update, but I'll need a new computer for sure! I'd say it's worth it tho!

I guess people tend to forget that CE2 has a 24hr Day to Night lighting effect now with proper shadowing and reflective elements.

but so can the Gamebyro engine, have you seen Fallout 3? It probably never got implemented due to the small development team MA had pre-CE2 licensing.

I think why we've all been waiting is that for the first few months the new development team had to learn the mechanics of EU. Then they had to develop a plan to work out where to start.

Then they had to rewrite all the dodgy coding to allow them to even think about getting the CE2 stuff in place, no good starting if the Gamebyro engine is so embedded into the system that they would be finding it months into development.

All of this had to be done before even attempting to add CE2 code. This process alone may have taken several months considering the complexity of EU.

i think the graphcis look really good... but why are the backdrops so much more earth-like then current calypso.

Because this planet has been colonized for a few years now, and we are terraforming the place to look like home.

Back