New form of harassment - Please enable us to despawn UNMANNED parked vehicles

Shard-Angel

Prowler
Society
Project Entropia
Vehshi Rogue Shard-Angel
Greets.

A new form of harassment has started in EU nowadays:

People fly in/drive in and park their vehicles on top of NPCs and or revival points etc - just to visually harass the populace.

This is what happened at Carl Tucker for Merry Mayhem:

Avatar: Vincent GodsFuree Hall decided to pull out his vehicles and harass everyone - despite people telling him to stop it.

vincent-hall-1.jpg

vincent-hall-2.jpg

.... use slider BELOW to see right side of images......

Additionally, earlier today - a regular sweater and Quad reseller (named G**o) at Neas pulled out all his quads and blocked the Revival terminal - and despite all people complaining he ignored us all with a "what can you do" attitude.

This harassment needs to be curbed now!

I propose the following:

** Unmanned vehicles serve NO purpose - and anyone should be able to despawn them IF owner is NOT within a certain distance of the vehicle.

Now the above will not work if owner is standing next to 15 vehicles - so:

** If MORE than ONE vehicle is found by one owner within owners vicinity - anyone should be able to despawn ANY of his/her vehicles - barring the LAST one.

While this may displease a few people - it should make the community a much cleaner and less unhappy place.

Please support this if you agree. Or If you have any better ideas - please post them here.

MA needs to action this soon.

Thanks.

=========================

EDIT:
Thanks for all the ideas and responses.

One more point can be:

* Proximity (invisible bubble collision) check near all NPCs and Teleports/Terminals/Turrets. UNMANNED vehicle colliding with proximity-bubble is stored in inv/storage within 60 seconds.

=========================

Last edited:
I propose the following:

** Unmanned vehicles serve NO purpose - and anyone should be able to despawn them IF owner is NOT within a certain distance of the vehicle.

** If MORE than ONE vehicle is found by one owner within owners vicinity - anyone should be able to despawn ANY of his/her vehicles - barring the LAST one.

Thanks.

Sounds good to me. Even better, remove vehicles from citys :)

I mean like, allow them to fly in the city but not be close to the ground... No reason at all for VTOLs and Quads standing everywhere in a city, just another "showoff" :)

I just had an idea... Keep in mind I just thought of it now so it may not be well thought out, but can ofc be built upon further. :)

The ability to "right click" the vehicle and vote for it to move back to the owners storage, with a time penalty of say 5 mins(example time), it would work only if the majority of people on radar vote for it to be moved, this way the function cant be used by few people that want to troll for the hell of it and only work for a mass of players that are bothered by it.

Again, may not be that well thought out, but seems to me like a good solution.(If anyone else likes it perhaps you can send the request into support as MA will most likely never read it here. :)

For the record I am against the inability to spawn vehicles in a city, because if someone has a nicely customized one, why should they be punished and not able to show it off in a city?(I know I would like to spawn a painted black vehicle for all to see!!!) The situation should not prevent a player from showing off, only control those that harass.

It'll be more simple to make the area spawn-free and mount a few platforms to spawn vehicles on, hovering pretty high above the ground where you can spawn transport without disturbing anyone's gameplay, with the televator.

From the Terms of use (TOU):
"You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe."

Report them and get them a temp Ban.

From the Terms of use (TOU):
"You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe."

Report them and get them a temp Ban.

GL with that, reported soo many of the idiotic vehicle spammers but nothing has happened so far and majority have that "fuck off you noob" attitude so even stopped asking them to pick up not I just dont go to populated places anymore...

And Yes I provided screen shot of their vehicles as well as their response to me asking them to please pick up most of their vehicles...

Removed, apparently I was logged on on a RL friends PC and it was intended to be posted by someone else :)

I just had an idea... Keep in mind I just thought of it now so it may not be well thought out, but can ofc be built upon further. :)

The ability to "right click" the vehicle and vote for it to move back to the owners storage, with a time penalty of say 5 mins(example time), it would work only if the majority of people on radar vote for it to be moved, this way the function cant be used by few people that want to troll for the hell of it and only work for a mass of players that are bothered by it.

Again, may not be that well thought out, but seems to me like a good solution.(If anyone else likes it perhaps you can send the request into support as MA will most likely never read it here. :)

For the record I am against the inability to spawn vehicles in a city, because if someone has a nicely customized one, why should they be punished and not able to show it off in a city?(I know I would like to spawn a painted black vehicle for all to see!!!) The situation should not prevent a player from showing off, only control those that harass.

Lol, Vote Ban for vehicles.
Could work, only problem is what if an enemy team in PvP votebans your vehicle midair ;)

Lol, Vote Ban for vehicles.
Could work, only problem is what if an enemy team in PvP votebans your vehicle midair ;)

Could be disabled in PVP. Its not considered harassment in PVP anyway, is it? :D

Besides if someone is bothering you with a vehical in PVP you could just blow it up... I suppose that wouldnt solve the fact that it would still be on the ground near you, but you would likely feel satisfied anyway!

I propose the following:

Agreed. That is a great idea.

Okay there is no need to change things in the game just because someone is a jackass. there are always going to be jackasses because its the internet and people can be whoever they want to be. if its not vehicles its going to be something else.

this is trivial and doesn't require a full on game mechanics change.

unmanned vehicles do serve many purposes, in any case.

I love how MindArk describes Jackasses as Unscruplous Characters! :D

Temporary Votes on Vehicle de-Spawning could be a good idea for non-PvP areas.

Sounds good to me. Even better, remove vehicles from citys :)

I mean like, allow them to fly in the city but not be close to the ground... No reason at all for VTOLs and Quads standing everywhere in a city, just another "showoff" :)

Kim can we put this on wishlist?..and get this Vincent guy?..woop!:handgun::yup:

The ability to despawn vehicles other than your own just opens the can up for a whole diffrent kind of abuse, just add no vehicle zones around populated areas, with designated "parking zones" problem solved...

Much better to just click on the NPC anyway (yes, it can be done, vehicles are not solid) rather than raise a big fuss over almost nothing and have MA change something that was a trivial problem and create other big problems.

Let me quote the EULA we all accept when logging in.

"§8.c You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe."

Report his ass and refer to this section in the Eula and let MA do their magic.

Case closed. :wise:

I think it's pretty simple, just disable vehicle spawn certain populated areas like twin peaks PA etc. The radius/zone might vary.

However we need to have access to vehicles pretty fast from these areas .. so imho, the solution is very simple... create landing and takeoff platform...

With nice architectural design they can add more beauty to the cities...

here is an example the way Team Arkadia did it or
something similar to Athena space port... but much closer.

It's interesting that they have some landing platform even at swamp camp but not in pa or twin peaks... lol.

Last edited:
It's interesting that they have some landing platform even at swamp camp but not in pa or twin peaks... lol.

Mall roofs have large platforms :wise:

i think the simplest yet least intrusive solution to things like this would be to have an easier way to report abusive people.

for example:

right click avatar, click report abuse, enter reason why they were abusive.

if an avatar gets x amount of abuse reports, they are automatically submitted for 'review' by support, and a decision is made for disciplinary action on a case by case basis. the system can't be fully automated because abuse of the abuse report system would be easy (tell all your friends to report this person because he is ugly).

this would be ideal, i think, except for the fact that it would take x amount of manpower and company resources are already stressed as it is.

maybe some day :)

IMO license revoked for 2 months to control/spawn any vehicle ;p

Much better to just click on the NPC anyway (yes, it can be done, vehicles are not solid) rather than raise a big fuss over almost nothing and have MA change something that was a trivial problem and create other big problems.

Great, now try spawning a vehicle in an area where every single flat space is covered in vehicles :silly2:

unmanned vehicles do serve many purposes, in any case.

Yeah, I can't think of any... well traders say they "wanna show what they have for sale", but then it would be enough with 1-2 and they would be right next to them all the time. Many people just spawn 305206924 vehicles in a town and go hide in a corner.

IMO license revoked for 2 months to control/spawn any vehicle ;p

"Due to creating traffic chaos in the Port Atlantis marina you have been suspended from driving for two months. You have 72 hours to surrender your vehicles to the Traffic Officer NPC, who will return them to you at the end of your suspension. If you do not surrender your vehicles, the punishment will be extended to three months and all your vehicles will be entered into the Defense Turret targeting computer for the remaining time."

:wtg:

Make vehicles spawn time 30 seconds in cities. This will be enough time to get in and get of the ground. If not the vehicle will be picked up again and placed in you inventory. OR. Make it so you can only spawn vehicles in certain areas of the cities, like landing sites. I talk mainly about twin an PA here.

Make vehicles spawn time 30 seconds in cities. This will be enough time to get in and get of the ground. If not the vehicle will be picked up again and placed in you inventory.

Very good idea :)

I am actually surprised that people still spam-spawn vehicles in towns when there is a one minute delay between spawning them... :scratch2: must have too much time on their hands..

I see threadstarter asking everyone to stop all future dealing with the so called harrasser. "§8.c You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe." I think by doing this the threadstarter also violates EULA, cause every character has right to do dealings with anyone he wants, but you are interfering with his ability to trade with everyone by calling everyone to block him.

Yes he is annoying, but no one should ask everyone to block someone over personal dispute.

It'll be more simple to make the area spawn-free and mount a few platforms to spawn vehicles on, hovering pretty high above the ground where you can spawn transport without disturbing anyone's gameplay, with the televator.

Exactly the content of my last support case as a suggestion. At least the Arrival area at PA including the balcony and the way to the social buildings should be vehicle free. MA could place some landing/parking places beside this areas. Probably a small number of "show platforms" for traders. Would be cool to see nice colored or textured vehicles. Or buy a vehicle from a trader for a nice special offer. All cool ... but keep the first entrance for newcomers free!

perhaps, if MA let estate owners spawn or place their vehicles inside of their estates, fewer resellers would be spawning them all over cities because they'd have their own place to put them in their shops, apartments, etc. As things are now, vehicles can't be put in estates I think... I don't think they can even be laid down on the ground in an estate like the pet deeds can (shopkeeper might work, but not everyone owns one)... so in some ways, MA is actually encouraging this to happen by discouraging folks from putting them elsewhere.

Exactly the content of my last support case as a suggestion. At least the Arrival area at PA including the balcony and the way to the social buildings should be vehicle free. MA could place some landing/parking places beside this areas. Probably a small number of "show platforms" for traders. Would be cool to see nice colored or textured vehicles. Or buy a vehicle from a trader for a nice special offer. All cool ... but keep the first entrance for newcomers free!

I hope they will listen, and also introduce paid hovering platforms, where you can spawn a vehicle for parking or advertising, or place your goods for sale.

Once you pay the rent (for an hour or a day ahead), the platform becomes your property, once the rent is overdue, all items get returned to your storage.

Place these platforms maybe 5-7 meters above the ground, so they just hover there on some anti-gravity pads, without any legs or support constructions that would impede the ground movement.
Place a small televator on the ground for access, that doesn't pop up any menu, like the one for The Ringhorne - you step on it, you get TPed up and down instantly.

Last edited:
Next thing you know, you'll be asking for congestion charges for parking in cities... :laugh:

How about a ban on parking except in a parking lot, but the ability to TP immediately to your vehicle so parked?

Back