New form of harassment - Please enable us to despawn UNMANNED parked vehicles

I still find it absolutelly amazing I can carry so many huge vehicles in my pockets but can't carry very many small bricks of ore :p

But to be honest yes it gets annoying sometimes when people spawn so many vehicles and do things as stated. Some, very few actually have good intentions when spawning so many vehicles such as trying to sell vehicles they textured and colored etc. so people can see them. Would be a shame to see these people that honestly trying to sell their work being harrassed by despawners as well. This is a two sided blade and while dulling one side you are pushing and cutting the other side deeply. I don't know if there is a good solution and doubt MA will do anything about it. They will more likely stay neutral and let the population handle it themselves.

I just had an idea... Keep in mind I just thought of it now so it may not be well thought out, but can ofc be built upon further. :)

The ability to "right click" the vehicle and vote for it to move back to the owners storage, with a time penalty of say 5 mins(example time), it would work only if the majority of people on radar vote for it to be moved, this way the function cant be used by few people that want to troll for the hell of it and only work for a mass of players that are bothered by it.

Again, may not be that well thought out, but seems to me like a good solution.(If anyone else likes it perhaps you can send the request into support as MA will most likely never read it here. :)

For the record I am against the inability to spawn vehicles in a city, because if someone has a nicely customized one, why should they be punished and not able to show it off in a city?(I know I would like to spawn a painted black vehicle for all to see!!!) The situation should not prevent a player from showing off, only control those that harass.

I can see a very big problem here... say during landgrab soc spawns vehicles (tanks etc) to get past this I bring in a mass of people and vote his vehicles to storage.

From the Terms of use (TOU):
"You cannot interfere with any other Participants ability to use and enjoy the Entropia Universe."

Report them...

If it's really so bothersome to you, this is the correct answer. A temporary ban will most likely not be issued for the first offense, but rest assured that MindArk has a process in place for dealing with such people. It might take a certain number of complaints, or certain number of separate incidences to merit a warning. If a participant continues to ignore warning(s), something more concrete WILL be done.

The incorrect solution is to post on the forums, blacklist, and otherwise create a massive fuss over a colonist who got drunk and acted like a jackass for an hour. Seriously, it happens. It's not appropriate behavior, but it happens. Unless you're looking for drama, just ignore it or go somewhere else. If someone is being a jackass for the sake of being a jackass day after day, that's different. It's just depressing to see how many arguments start over who parks their vehicle where. I swear there's a heated discussion in Twin over it multiple times per day. So go to Twin if you're looking for an Internet fight, I guess. :laugh:

I still find it absolutelly amazing I can carry so many huge vehicles in my pockets but can't carry very many small bricks of ore :p

In my earlier explanation of pockets at: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...en-t-storages-universal&p=2706035#post2706035, I wrote:

Simple. Pocket Universe Technology [PUT]!

Your storage is a pocket universe with its own laws of physics and spacial attributes. That is why you can access your storage from any container unit whether at Port Atlantis or Sakura City.

Each Entropian also carries a pocket [universe] to store equipment and ores.

As pocket universes don't follow the same rules as our universe, notions of things like weight and size and space differ from pocket to pocket. A large vehicle with considerable space within its mass might actually have less weight and size than a single bar of lysterium when within a suitable pocket.

Our Calypso scientists spend night and day in trying to find new pockets that more accurately reflect the dimensional relationships with which we are accustomed; but, as the head of research at Pandora Box Inc recently said: 'it's so much more fun to work out how many times you can fold a piece of Daikiba cloth'.

Any schoolchild on Calypso should know that! :wise:

Pallas

Karma...

So I believe the prick that was spamming vehicles on us last night took 15th in Cat. 1., less than 100 away from getting something worth money, but instead all he got is naming rights, LOLOLOL

I guess we can look forward to the "U guys R stoopid dipshit r-tards knife" dropping soon.

So I believe the prick that was spamming vehicles on us last night took 15th in Cat. 1., less than 100 away from getting something worth money, but instead all he got is naming rights, LOLOLOL

I guess we can look forward to the "U guys R stoopid dipshit r-tards knife" dropping soon.

he will be my hero if he does that :yay::yay::yay:

I am not allowed to name folks here.
I say: N..., W..., X... - a few more dumb asses ... I forgot the names.

This guys place their vehicles at the entrance to Calypso with no other reason but they are allowed to do it. Lame!

Last edited:
Greets.

A new form of harassment has started in EU nowadays:

People fly in/drive in and park their vehicles on top of NPCs and or revival points etc - just to visually harass the populace.

This isnt new, and people have been doing at PA for over a year now. Many of the balconeers were involved in this sort of sport from October 2010 until their ringleader, Mr Nukem Quayjay, got busted trying to scam his society mates out of a mothership and Port Atlantis mall shop. This was a pretty popular thing to do. A few friendly faces on this forum and big society leaders were involved with this sport of vehicle dropping. They're still here, and completely unapologetic about what they did.

Apology notwithstanding though, these folks all got theirs in some way. Putting money in dozens of high markup (at the time) sleipnirs and other vehicles must have cost some of these folks a decent amount of cash. Sucks that they'll never get their value out of that cash!

Since harassment cases are often hard to pinpoint who started causing what, though, the most that was done here was observation on the part of planet staff, to my knowledge. I wish you luck trying to resolve this, but don't hold your breath.

What about vehicle salesmans?
I mean..They need 3-4 vehicles out (Like the textured/colored ones) To show their wares. So just being able to despawn them, is a bad idea..

What about vehicle salesmans?
I mean..They need 3-4 vehicles out (Like the textured/colored ones) To show their wares. So just being able to despawn them, is a bad idea..
They DONT!

spawn ONE, the best one and if they want to see more tell them what texture and then spawn it for them and then pick it up again is that so freaking hard?!?

Or make vehicle showoff places off city radar with arrows pointing the way

I think this issue is a lot like being able to hear someone with an open mic that you would prefer not to, you just right click on them and select mute. This same idea can be applied to spawned vehicles that you do not want to see or be hindered by. Maybe an option would be the ability to right click on a vehicle and select hide which would make the vehicle semi transparent and you could then interact with things that the vehicle was sitting on top of or things that the vehicle was blocking.

I think this issue is a lot like being able to hear someone with an open mic that you would prefer not to, you just right click on them and select mute. This same idea can be applied to spawned vehicles that you do not want to see or be hindered by. Maybe an option would be the ability to right click on a vehicle and select hide which would make the vehicle semi transparent and you could then interact with things that the vehicle was sitting on top of or things that the vehicle was blocking.

Good idea! + rep

Good idea! + rep

Seconded. Neat, clean solution that doesn't encourage trolling. +rep

Just implement a parking fee, you get 10 seconds to pick up the vehicle after you exit. If you don't, you get a small parking ticket... Problem solved :cool:

Ok, maybe not my most serious contribution to the forum lol... :laugh:

I think ban them from towns and wave events or any event for that matter, they seem to provide nothing but problems in these area's, from vultures waiting for mob bosses, and the amount of lag it causes when lots oif vechiles in one area, and now some sad indviduals annoying others by spawning them on top of things, i have seen this first hand also myself.
I went to nea's to fap some sweaters, and some guy was landing his VTOL on the ambu the where sweating.

Un-manned vechiles disapear into inventory or storage a lot quicker, say 20 sec's after exiting :D maybe this would deter them some :)

Just unspawn the vehicles after 3-5 minutes after the person leaves them and/or apply a parking-tax(only in areas within a certain distance of the TP...

Something like this needs to be done, we need less lag in populated areas.

just add no vehicle zones around populated areas, with designated "parking zones" problem solved...

Then MA would implement a parking fee aswell :laugh:

Thanks for all the ideas and responses.

One more point can be:

* Proximity (invisible bubble collision) check near all NPCs and Teleports/Terminals/Turrets. UNMANNED vehicle colliding with proximity-bubble is stored in inv/storage within 60 seconds.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?221895-Selling-Item-Naming-rights-to-Knife

Talk some more trash on this so it keeps getting bumped ^^. 15> 11,12,13,14. On a side note I was just trolling that kent kid that kept getting more and more angry every time i spawned another vehicle in the vicinity. If you find vehicles on top of people offensive, I'm sorry I just don't see your reasoning. If someone needs to know where you are you type /pos and it literally gives you a waypoint as to where they are on the RADAR lol.

Up with this thread, since vehicles are annoying :)

Simple fairly non intrusive fix is you can't have more then one vehicle spawned at a time unless the additional vehicles are actually being operated. This could still be exploited but it would be more difficult.

Best solution I read was to turn them invisible for those who are having difficulty.

Limitations on time, de-spawning and limitations on quantity spawned are all bad ideas imo.

I currently have 25 vehicles spawned.

I am currently using all 25 vehicles.

I will continuously use all 25 vehicles for as much as 8-12 hours.

I also have the common decency to have these vehicles spawned in a very low traffic area. Being limited in what I am doing or being interfered with by others who could de-spawn my vehicles would tick me off and have me ready to report someone. Best solution is for common sense. For sellers of vehicles: Isn't there a place you could designate as being a sales location? I'm sure people would catch onto where to go to see vehicles when shopping around. We all learned to go to Twin when we needed a pilot quick enough back in the day. Too bad they blew up Hades. It would have been a great vehicle dealership.

Hugs,
Aliana

If you find vehicles on top of people offensive, I'm sorry I just don't see your reasoning.

No remorse. They dont care about the EU community - so why should we worry about THEIR rights to spawn vehicles?

MA seems to want to move the whole virtual universe towards pvp since all of space is there already... why not just make ALL vehicles PVP enabled EVERYWHERE... In other words, if you want to shoot down a helicoptor at Neas that's causing mobs to agro on you, just aim and fire and it goes down if the damage is high enough... There is SI... Give us the ability to remove that SI anywhere at any time for any reason. ;)

Maybe even give LA owners the ability/option on the terminals to not allow any vehicles in the LA at all... cross the LA border and they automatically go to your inventory... Inventory would be better than storage in a case like that since it might be possible that storage is nowhere nearby and you are in the middle of nowhere.

Thanks for all the ideas and responses.

One more point can be:

* Proximity (invisible bubble collision) check near all NPCs and Teleports/Terminals/Turrets. UNMANNED vehicle colliding with proximity-bubble is stored in inv/storage within 60 seconds.

why not just make ALL vehicles PVP enabled EVERYWHERE... In other words, if you want to shoot down a helicoptor at Neas that's causing mobs to agro on you, just aim and fire and it goes down if the damage is high enough... There is SI... Give us the ability to remove that SI anywhere at any time for any reason. ;)

To combine the ideas .... a DECAY BUBBLE .... everytime someone touches the bubble around the vehicle, it decays. One touch per person within a defined period. Very democratic. Doesn't cost the objectors anything.

Best solution I read was to turn them invisible for those who are having difficulty.

Limitations on time, de-spawning and limitations on quantity spawned are all bad ideas imo.

I currently have 25 vehicles spawned.

I am currently using all 25 vehicles.

I will continuously use all 25 vehicles for as much as 8-12 hours.

I also have the common decency to have these vehicles spawned in a very low traffic area. Being limited in what I am doing or being interfered with by others who could de-spawn my vehicles would tick me off and have me ready to report someone. Best solution is for common sense. For sellers of vehicles: Isn't there a place you could designate as being a sales location? I'm sure people would catch onto where to go to see vehicles when shopping around. We all learned to go to Twin when we needed a pilot quick enough back in the day. Too bad they blew up Hades. It would have been a great vehicle dealership.

Hugs,
Aliana

How exactly are you using 25 vehicles?

Probably scanning them over and over....

Indeed. Some of the things one needs to do because of changes within a vu is pretty nuts.

Hugs,
Aliana

I was fighting against the vehicle spawners at the entry to Planet Calypso: PA Arrival. This should be a vehicle free zone! And guess what, the most penetrating folks just leave that place alone without actions from MA.

I thank you all for retreating ... you know wich persons I mean. This place is much funnier now and much more newcomer friendly. Sometimes it seems to work simply by talking about problems ingame.

Back