Question: New hit and damage levels with new VU

CozMoDan

Elite
Herco Coz Mann
I am a lvl 66 laser pistol hit and 64 damage and prior to this VU I was 6.6 hit and about the same on damage on laser pistol that required lvl 100 to be maxed out. Now I mam showing 8.0 on both hit and damage on a lvl 100 pistol.

Do you think this is an error or did MA change something so your lvl would be higher even though you are not at 100% on a weapon?

See thread: Post your new HA/CHA on "old school" unlimited weapons

Particularly Immortal's post:
Thanks all, I have used data reported in this thread to confirm the new HA formula for nonSIB

HA=4.0+0.06*L

Where L is between 0 and 100

Extrapolating to incorporate SIB

If L<SIB_start, HA=0.0
Else if L>SIB_end, HA=10.0
Else HA=4.0+6*(L-SIB_Start)/(SIB_End-SIB_Start)

Critical Hits for nonSIB
CH=sqrt(L)

Extrapolate to SIB
If L<SIB_start, CH=0.0
Else if L>SIB_end, CH=10.0
Else CH=10*sqrt((L-SIB_Start)/(SIB_End-SIB_Start))

Thanks for the info but I really have no idea what all that means nor how to use it to calulate HA or damage. Guess I will have ot wait for the noob verison:).

Ill try explain in a little more steps.

Your HA is 4 + (0.06 * your lv)

So if you are lv 50 you get 4 + (0.06*50) = 4 + 3 = 7.0
So your HA would be 7.0/10

or if you are lv 10 you would get 4 + (0.06*10) = 4.6
So your HA would be 4.6/10

Hope that helps

Ill try explain in a little more steps.

Your HA is 4 + (0.06 * your lv)

So if you are lv 50 you get 4 + (0.06*50) = 4 + 3 = 7.0
So your HA would be 7.0/10

or if you are lv 10 you would get 4 + (0.06*10) = 4.6
So your HA would be 4.6/10

Hope that helps

That helps a great deal! The problem with the original formula is it lacked the parenthesise which made me that is was to go as (4 + .06) * 50. I may be wrong but I think that when solving a forumla you go from left to right and in this case you add before you times.

SO, now for the big question, "Do you all think that your HA/damage is actually better?" and given the old Entropia tools idea that you can not use a UL weapon eco until eco one would reach lvl 80 ? If that is so then I should be able to be somewhat eco with a UL laser pistol because my HA/Dmg are both at 8/10.

Thanks a lot Unvinsible that clears it all up.

Ok so HIT ability is now improved on non sib, but has your DMG? If your damage hasn't moved then I suggest you chip in as much increase as you got on your hit on dmg also. This evens out the gun, for a gun even as Mod Merc it is only eco ie above 3 dpp when you reach 85 hit and 85 dmg, that is when you should really use it imo.

I remember there used to be an old thread where old school weapons were compared to the korss/a105 combination, and at which point it would be more/ equally eco to use the old school variant. Considering markup and all and the fact that you needed a gun or sword that actually was more eco than the korss/a105, there were some old school weapons that would be more eco to use at a level lower than 100. But I can't find the thread.. I think the current HA boost may have some impact on those old values.

If you use the order of operation then you don't need parentheses :silly2:

Ok so HIT ability is now improved on non sib, but has your DMG? If your damage hasn't moved then I suggest you chip in as much increase as you got on your hit on dmg also. This evens out the gun, for a gun even as Mod Merc it is only eco ie above 3 dpp when you reach 85 hit and 85 dmg, that is when you should really use it imo.

Damage interval did not change.

Sure, hitting ability is great - now mobs are never 'missed', lol. ;)

but...

well..

they, uh evade...

Back