New hunting rythm (Warning - Part whine ;))

dbelinfante

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Sage
For the last six weeks, loot has been unbelievably bad. Returns of 30% and less are not exceptional, and the average over this period has been just above 50%. Considering I spent about 20k peds in this time (using part of the proceeds of the sale of my Shadow), I have decided to take some action.

I will spend the first three days of each month hunting, spending a minimum of 400 and a maximum of a 1000 ped a day on ammo.
If the average return over this period does not reach at least 65%, I will not spend any more money for that month. After that, I will do the same the following month.

I have no illusion that this will impact MA in any significant way. But I'm no longer prepared to persist, to 'maintain the long term view'. I think I've proven to my own satisfaction that - with my avi at least - there is no course of action, no style of play that will result in just a bearable cost of play. I do NOT expect to profit. I expect to be able to play a whole month for the many hundreds of Euro's I deposit, not just a week or 10 days.

(Note: I have tried EVERYTHING. Advice from many seasoned, experienced players has been put to the test. I have the skills. I do not hunt above my level. This thread is not meant to discuss what I'm doing wrong. If you have any advice, please send it to me by PM.)

I expect to be able to play a whole month for the many hundreds of Euro's I deposit, not just a week or 10 days.

:eek::eek:

Is that really serious?

let me guess ...

mad4 ? ml35? doa? other high crapy blp weapon with no SIB ??

hogglos ? big atorxes ? CP ?

well, if "Yes" to just some of those question then U got my point...

PLAYING HIGH = HIGH RISK ... if u cant handle it, change Ur setup

LOOTIUS BLESS U !!

Are we talking about
dynamix.gif
here ? ;)

luck cycles

For the last six weeks, loot has been unbelievably bad. Returns of 30% and less are not exceptional, and the average over this period has been just above 50%. Considering I spent about 20k peds in this time (using part of the proceeds of the sale of my Shadow), I have decided to take some action.

I will spend the first three days of each month hunting, spending a minimum of 400 and a maximum of a 1000 ped a day on ammo.
If the average return over this period does not reach at least 65%, I will not spend any more money for that month. After that, I will do the same the following month.

I have no illusion that this will impact MA in any significant way. But I'm no longer prepared to persist, to 'maintain the long term view'. I think I've proven to my own satisfaction that - with my avi at least - there is no course of action, no style of play that will result in just a bearable cost of play. I do NOT expect to profit. I expect to be able to play a whole month for the many hundreds of Euro's I deposit, not just a week or 10 days.

(Note: I have tried EVERYTHING. Advice from many seasoned, experienced players has been put to the test. I have the skills. I do not hunt above my level. This thread is not meant to discuss what I'm doing wrong. If you have any advice, please send it to me by PM.)

I agree about the loot, but will you be changing your signature? ;)

One hell of a long cycle then, this one. :confused:

yup they do test you to your limits, thing is I've had bad luck last 2 VUs but in some VUs Ive hit maybe 10-15 ubers

let me guess ...

mad4 ? ml35? doa? other high crapy blp weapon with no SIB ??

hogglos ? big atorxes ? CP ?

you do realise the quoted efficency difference between "high crappy blp with no SIB" and with SIB is far less than the differnces mentioned here? at my level the difference between "uneconomical" and economical setups, going by wiki numbers, is about 20-25%. i have had 50% returns using a korss400, so that would be a 30% return if using uneconomical. I wouldnt mind if it was 90/70%.

these days its all dependant on hitting a big paying mob. so actually, hunting CP or other similiar scale mobs is probably one of the most reliable ways to hunt at the moment. im only hunting for skills at the moment, if i was interested in economy i wouldnt bother.

yup they do test you to your limits, thing is I've had bad luck last 2 VUs but in some VUs Ive hit maybe 10-15 ubers

this is true, you can be cold for 6 month or even longer, but its all worth it when you get hot again :)

you do realise the quoted efficency difference between "high crappy blp with no SIB" and with SIB is far less than the differnces mentioned here? at my level the difference between "uneconomical" and economical setups, going by wiki numbers, is about 20-25%. i have had 50% returns using a korss400, so that would be a 30% return if using uneconomical. I wouldnt mind if it was 90/70%.

these days its all dependant on hitting a big paying mob. so actually, hunting CP or other similiar scale mobs is probably one of the most reliable ways to hunt at the moment. im only hunting for skills at the moment, if i was interested in economy i wouldnt bother.
Thank you, this is exactly my experience. And I've been using more expensive setups with less sad results than the current ones. So what I hunt, and what I hunt it with is less a factor than the plain fact that I don't get any (well hardly) return loot.

MA should kick out that balance manager.
Before he came around, things where just fine.
IMHO he does his job bad, so KICK HIM OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!

greetings,

bigdeal

Yeah same for me, with a few exceptions i've been losing all the time since august this year.. the 'good days' are over in a week and the bad periods last for 6+ months.. losing 20-30k peds during these bad periods require almost an ath every good period . :eek:

For the last six weeks, loot has been unbelievably bad. Returns of 30% and less are not exceptional, and the average over this period has been just above 50%.

(Note: I have tried EVERYTHING. Advice from many seasoned, experienced players has been put to the test. I have the skills. I do not hunt above my level.

:woot: I totaly agree with you.
There was another post where some one stated they had less then acceptable returns and the topic quickly changed from Loot to gear and technic, which has little to do with consistent 30% returns. IMO 30% returns just should not happen. Its not whining, its just stateing a fact.

Low lvl (so called eco) hunting has also been bad the last few weeks, but now its a bit better and i even profit a little when sweating also ^^ (sometimes) :D

Back