new intercepted transmission!

Alt text didn't exist for the Battle at Hypnos graphic.

Nice find!

f3b5c6b46c9a6c0be4 = correct char count for "end of line"

Interesting... they are trying to be sneaky and encode encoded messages within public bulletins! :eek:

But we're ahead of them now... they can't hide messages from us no more!
(Unless they start encoding the encoded transmission within the javascript/html of the news bulletin... ack!)

codekey: itstheend yields endofline

CLOSE!

The first part using aia's decoder parses to "medium", actually "mediumstro"

Longer key?

itstheendoftheworld

does a bit more

mediumstrikevesseldslsnoncbjhplahoeeorelmiuccvskbez

Rem!

medium strike vessel damocles secured for operation brutus

WATCH YOUR BACKS, PEOPLE!!!

now...back to the original intercept

uhh ohh operation brutus sounds brutal o_O

the original intercept is a subset of the alt-text on the pic

the first line works out with the code key: theendoftheworld

Operation Brutus:

Brutus was the guy that betrayed Julius Caesar right??

So Calypso will be destroyed by it's own ship.

Is there a traitor on board, or did the bots just take control of the ship itself? :eek:

OK did a little googleing on Operation Brutus and found this, its about something that happened in the UK in 1966. Something about that little peice of text scared me.

Besieged Prime Minister Harold Wilson authorised the preparation of Operation Brutus that would have led to "a drastic and permanent abandonment of the sterling system".

If it had gone ahead, it would have meant all sterling assets held abroad would have been frozen, foreign travel banned and no cash allowed out of the country.

It would have represented a kind of economic totalitarianism that would have threatened civil unrest and the collapse of the currency.

Razer, I think since the robots (Hi Marco!) tend to favor the classics, I suspect we're looking at the Julius Ceasar context of "Brutus"

Razer, I think since the robots (Hi Marco!) tend to favor the classics, I suspect we're looking at the Julius Ceasar context of "Brutus"

Well, they appear to favour R.E.M. as well... ;)

Reactions: jod
lineone: ...ium strike ve.... (codekey: theendoftheworld)
line two: ...d for ope.... (codekey: difeelfinei)

d3f8f6c54c0d1ab56da89dc8c7a28ae53f1d4e0b2ab2b5c6d6b5d1c33fa32ae48e7e1bf6f96d6c2d2ac54ce54ea2f65a4e1f4e::f3b5c6b46c9a6c0be4

c54c0d1ab56da89dc8c7a2 and e48e7e1bf6f96d6c2 are just snips of that top code

Last edited:

as far as I can see it is the federation that like the classics, because all there ships refer to that and the cities on the planet as well. So far I haven't see anything that suggest the robots have anything to do with the Greek history but I might have missed it. Anyway it is fun to try and find out what the hell this all means.

I wonder, where is Jenny Carramone, who usually gets an opportunity to show up when robots arrive? Is she, or major/governor dumpty possibly in the ship?

d3f8f6c54c0d1ab56da89dc8c7a28ae53f1d4e0b2ab2b5c6d6b5d1c33fa32ae48e7e1bf6f96d6c2d2ac54ce54ea2f65a4e1f4e::f3b5c6b46c9a6c0be4

c54c0d1ab56da89dc8c7a2 and e48e7e1bf6f96d6c2 are just snips of that top code

Provided the f3b5c6b46c9a6c0be4 is the key then its compatible with RSA.

edit: ooops meant RSA labs RC5

I wonder, where is Jenny Carramone, who usually gets an opportunity to show up when robots arrive? Is she, or major/governor dumpty possibly in the ship?

she said something about thx for the fish, did a few backflips, left me with a fishbowl :confused: and left with the ships we saw passing in the sky :scratch2:

hmm, anyone seen some big yellow ships yet?

Well thats totally cracked now we just need to watch for more messages and find out what this operation Brutus is

OK did a little googleing on Operation Brutus and found this, its about something that happened in the UK in 1966. Something about that little peice of text scared me.

If you keep reading in this text about Operation Brutus it make mention of none other than the sword of DAMOCLES!

Here is the link to the passage: http://books.google.com/books?id=wONEPVvX3YoC&pg=RA1-PA318&lpg=RA1-PA318&dq=%22operation+brutus%22+Damocles&source=bl&ots=vwLQ1S38wL&sig=f4k5ShsPWrpR9ObPL9wzMzCgQeo&hl=en&ei=cUyESreSFqWvtgeymfCuCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=%22operation%20brutus%22%20Damocles&f=false

Interesting passage about the Sword of Damocles:
Dionysius (II) was a fourth century B.C. tyrant of Syracuse, a city in Magna Graecia, the Greek area of southern Italy. To all appearances Dionysius was very rich and comfortable, with all the luxuries money could buy, tasteful clothing and jewelry, and delectable food. He even had court flatterers (adsentatores) to inflate his ego. One of these ingratiators was the court sycophant, Damocles. Damocles used to make comments to the king about his wealth and luxurious life. One day when Damocles complimented the tyrant on his abundance and power, Dionysius turned to Damocles and said, "If you think I'm so lucky, how would you like to try out my life?"
Damocles readily agreed, and so Dionysius ordered everything to be prepared for Damocles to experience what life as Dionysius was like. Damocles was enjoying himself immensely... until he noticed a sharp sword hovering over his head, that was suspended from the ceiling by a horse hair. This, the tyrant explained to Damocles, was what life as ruler was really like.
Damocles, alarmed, quickly revised his idea of what made up a good life, and asked to be excused. He then eagerly returned to his poorer, but safer life.

RockMeAmadeus

Last edited:
Didn't read all of it but I looks like operation Brutus was a plot to take down the British government.

Back