new intercepted transmission!

marco: oh, yes, fishface. you did a good job. here is some POE armor for you.

NOT!!!!

If you keep reading in this text about Operation Brutus it make mention of none other than the sword of DAMOCLES!

Here is the link to the passage: http://books.google.com/books?id=wONEPVvX3YoC&pg=RA1-PA318&lpg=RA1-PA318&dq=%22operation+brutus%22+Damocles&source=bl&ots=vwLQ1S38wL&sig=f4k5ShsPWrpR9ObPL9wzMzCgQeo&hl=en&ei=cUyESreSFqWvtgeymfCuCg&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1#v=onepage&q=%22operation%20brutus%22%20Damocles&f=false

Interesting passage about the Sword of Damocles:
ed to be excused. He then eagerly returned to his poorer, but safer life.

RockMeAmadeus

hence the saying of: hanging by the sword of damocles?

anyway: i love it that mindark keeps underestimating the skill of decoders in the community...they made it a bit harder this time, but how long did it take to get the code broken? 3 to 4 hours i think.

if this would have been wwII, or the cold war it would have been a nightmare xD

well the future of EU being related to a sword of damocles doesn`t seem to be good news to me.... ;)

I think that Operation Brutus is not referring to the classical although the past does not support this. I believe that that Op. Brut will be to stimulate the economy or tear it apart. If Operation Brutus had been completed,it would have eliminated the British Pound and led to the fall of the UK's Government. In this case, the Sword of Damocles was reffering to sterling credits accumulated by the UK during WWII...

This could go a lot of ways but there is a severe imbalance in the EU economy and the Op. Brut may be trying to fix it, but what will the side effects be?

RockMeAmadeus

anyway: i love it that mindark keeps underestimating the skill of decoders in the community...they made it a bit harder this time, but how long did it take to get the code broken? 3 to 4 hours i think.

yeah but there aint much time now, and I guess they want it done before its too late ;)

(that is, they want to progress, and maybe end, the storyline before CE2 :silly2:)

hence the saying of: hanging by the sword of damocles?

if this would have been wwII, or the cold war it would have been a nightmare xD

Do they really underestimate it? Or maybe they count on it. ;)

Translation complete...

"Don't shoot! Don't Shoot! The long awaited shipment of Beer is enroute!"

;)

I think that Operation Brutus is not referring to the classical although the past does not support this. I believe that that Op. Brut will be to stimulate the economy or tear it apart. If Operation Brutus had been completed,it would have eliminated the British Pound and led to the fall of the UK's Government. In this case, the Sword of Damocles was reffering to sterling credits accumulated by the UK during WWII...

This could go a lot of ways but there is a severe imbalance in the EU economy and the Op. Brut may be trying to fix it, but what will the side effects be?

RockMeAmadeus

This is indeed exiting...

Why would the Bots help us??

Maby they wanna FLOOD the economy, why??

RockMeAmadeus

Could just be an elaborate prelude to the renaming of PEDS to something like EUDS. Since Project Entropia no longer exists could be a good time to rename the currency.

The stuff about the Damocles ship is just showing us so far some entity has taken over Damocles and hence been compromised. So it can be assumed to be hostile to us. Question is is it under control from a traitor within or taken control by robots. We wait and see.

O.O... sneaks back into EF.. finding the code cracked... wow first post I have made with so many replies lol.... :D

oh and fish great work on the crack!

LOL not an *official one*, I wrote it. :)

*shrug* I thought you guys deserved recognition, anyway. :)

full code key: itstheendoftheworldasweknowitandifeelfine

I guess I was typing that in about the same time you were. Were you bouncing in time to the song running through your head like I was? :laugh:

Oh noes.. where's that Damocles..? o_O

Could just be an elaborate prelude to the
renaming of PEDS to something like EUDS.

PEDs to EUDs? :money: it could be interesting to see, but since $ has lesser value than ,
the idea to switch currency, which is tied to PED at 10:1 ratio and leaving withdrawal
limit at the same amount of currency units would mean not only higher overall summ for

minimal withdrawals, but also tieing more PED to EU economy, maybe stabilising it, but
only going 1 step further to closed economy model of that another space-faring game.

As Wiki says, "Operation Brutus" was clearly "air assault mission focused on capturing
... enemy sanctuary in the area" - add classical Brutus vs Caesar case scenario & you'll
land right in the spot with new spawns of drones, etc. - retake Calypso with your :handgun:

Gratz for coders for messages encoding.. :ahh:

PEDs to EUDs? :money: it could be interesting to see, but since $ has lesser value than ,
the idea to switch currency

that is not what he said... :rolleyes:

PED = Project Entropia Dollars
EUD = Entropia Universe Dollars

PEE = Project Entropia Euros? :D

found some more brutus referenc, this guy wrote during the time the us was being born. don't know how to put up links so so put an excerpt. he talkign about golden era, change yadda yadda, i don't think mindark would reference this material as its american history, but what do i know.
came from constituion . org /afp/brutus

The series of anti-federalist writing which most nearly paralleled and confronted The Federalist was a series of sixteen essays published in the New York Journal from October, 1787, through April, 1788, during the same period The Federalist was appearing in New York newspapers, under the pseudonym "Brutus", in honor of the Roman republican who was one of those who assassinated Julius Caesar, to prevent him from overthrowing the Roman Republic. The essays were widely reprinted and commented on throughout the American states. The author is thought by most scholars to have been Robert Yates, a New York judge, delegate to the Federal Convention, and political ally of anti-federalist New York Governor George Clinton. All of the essays were addressed to "the Citizens of the State of New York".

Perhaps this country never saw so critical a period in their political

concerns. We have felt the feebleness of the ties by which these

United-States are held together, and the want of sufficient energy in our

present confederation, to manage, in some instances, our general concerns.

Various expedients have been proposed to remedy these evils, but none have

succeeded. At length a Convention of the states has been assembled, they

have formed a constitution which will now, probably, be submitted to the

people to ratify or reject, who are the fountain of all power, to whom alone

it of right belongs to make or unmake constitutions, or forms of government,

at their pleasure. The most important question that was ever proposed to

your decision, or to the decision of any people under heaven, is before you,

and you are to decide upon it by men of your own election, chosen specially

for this purpose. If the constitution, offered to your acceptance, be a wise

one, calculated to preserve the invaluable blessings of liberty, to secure

the inestimable rights of mankind, and promote human happiness, then, if you

accept it, you will lay a lasting foundation of happiness for millions yet

unborn; generations to come will rise up and call you blessed. You may

rejoice in the prospects of this vast extended continent becoming filled

with freemen, who will assert the dignity of human nature. You may solace

yourselves with the idea, that society, in this favoured land, will fast

advance to the highest point of perfection; the human mind will expand in

knowledge and virtue, and the golden age be, in some measure, realised. But

if, on the other hand, this form of government contains principles that will

lead to the subversion of liberty -- if it tends to establish a despotism,

or, what is worse, a tyrannic aristocracy; then, if you adopt it, this only

remaining assylum for liberty will be shut up, and posterity will execrate

your memory.

simple plan..

Robots capture/subvert ship to bypass orbital defenses..

Ship crashes into planet

explosion of ship re-arranges geography of area around crash site.

PEC = Project Entropia Crowns?

Not possible project entropia no longer exists, which is the whole point of renaming the currency.

ED's may be another option:

ED = Entropia Dollar

Well .... going over to EUD would create even further confusion between EU - Entropia Universe and EU - European Union ...... with only one letter apart ... EUD and EUC are too similar to EUR.

Plus changing the tie-up won't happen, because then the withdrawals would increase.
Example ... deposit 100dollars .... wait for change .... withdraw 80euros .... Profit!

I think that Operation Brutus is about crashing the ship into Port Atlantis.
After all, we need some storyline explanation, why the Port Atlantis CE2 version looks nothing like the harbor city we now know.

The ship will crash in the PA New Arrival Zone (Emma and Simon, sorry for your house ... make sure it's insured). PA is sanctuary for all the new players and others, so fits with the operation idea that some have found.
As a result a crater and roughed up land will be there (similar to mountain terrain we see in demo pics). The government will quickly arrive and move out to rebuild the PA with the newest technologies in their disposal, giving it the futuristic appearance we're familiar with.

After all, we need some storyline explanation, why the Port Atlantis CE2 version looks nothing like the harbor city we now know.

The ship will crash in the PA New Arrival Zone (Emma and Simon, sorry for your house ... make sure it's insured).

If you have any items in the bank in Port Atlantis, make sure to reclaim it and put it in a storage far away before sunday!! :laugh:

Nice work cracking the codes ..as usual :)

I'm wondering, what are the little red MA messages going to say in the minutes prior to the final switch being turned off (ship crash)?

We going out with a bang, or a "server going down" message?

Looks very much to me like this ship is loaded with new items ...which we may find for a limited period after VU10 ?

We have some serious work just working out what's changed and where everything is after VU, who's going to have time to hunt and loot anything? :laugh:

t

c54c0d1ab56da89dc8c7a2

e48e7e1bf6f96d6c2

I tried the decoder.. but it failed.. can anyone manually decode this?

The Beer shipment is coming

Possible, but why would the robots need another craft for that? Presuably, Typhon itself could lay waste to pretty much all of Calypso vis bombardment. I think something else is going on here.

How was the Damoclese comandeered? Was she boarded by robot forces, or was Operation Brutus already underway and crew member(s) turned mutineer?

Where is Damoclese going now? We know she left the fleet, but was she heading for Calypso, Akbal-Cimi, Earth, or parts unknown?

Where are the local voices of the Federal Imperial Government now? Dumpty is silent, Jenny Camarone is nowhere to be seen.

Something is going on.

I think they will crash the Damoclese into the oil rig - because that part is missing on the new Eudoria map! :eek:

Possible, but why would the robots need another craft for that?

Would you use your own car to crash into your neighbors living room?

:D

I'd take yours... ;)

Where is Damoclese going now? We know she left the fleet, but was she heading for Calypso, Akbal-Cimi, Earth, or parts unknown?

Akbal-Cimi, to clone the soldiers into new types of cyborg drones. Once deployed on Calypso and ofc looted we'll discover the tech to use cyborg implants. Here it will come in handy Ter's component, gotta be the screwdriver for the business.

Back