Question: New Invisible Bug?

GullyFoyle

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
Gully Tiger Foyle
Hi,

since a few days I have a bug that never happened before. It´s not that another or all other players are invisible but that mobs (Drones) and my own avatar are invisible for at least a few seconds. One Drone even got invisible after i killed it (to be 100% accurate: it ran away after i almost killed it, someone else finished it and it was invisible for me...) and I was not able to loot it. Maybe "invisible" is not the right word, because they totally disappear; there´s nothing to aim at and there ´s no dot on the radar.
As I only hunt Drones east of Jasons the last days this bug only happened there. Anyone else got the bug there or somewhere else?

As you can see on the pic.... you can´t see me.... (The pic is taken in 3rd person view!) :silly2:

BTW: I didn´t had a hardware or any software (drivers) change on my pc for a long time.

Lol. Did u ask others if they could see you?

Lol. Did u ask others if they could see you?

Well that doesn´t make much sense because I only disappear for a few seconds. So before I would have finished the question I would be visible again. Apart from that Im quite sure that others still can see me because the person that killed my Drone still saw it. And last but not least: The fact that I am invisible isn´t really the problem, because I play in 1st person almost always (just switch to 3rd person now and then to get an overview...), but that the mobs disappear is really annoying.... :mad:

Well I've had mobs falling through the ground after killing them many times before (happened last time 4 months ago or so). But I think they were still on radar (not sure of this). Nowadays I drag their healthbars to screen again so I can still loot them if this would happen again. It's probably not the same problem though.

Does anyone remember when something like this used to happen way back in the old days @ Jason?

Sometimes a drone would get bugged and run around shooting people but wasn;t able to be damaged.. Then it went away

Oh the good old days - Just remembered and that brings back good memories!

was a guy at omegatron last night totally invisible to all.. last seen heading to pvp4 with his finder of choice i think :)

was a guy at omegatron last night totally invisible to all.. last seen heading to pvp4 with his finder of choice i think :)

Thats the old invisible bug imo.
No one ever got problems with mobs getting invisible?

Yep .. i had a daikiba run at me after i shot it and it vanished..no borders around..no reason it should vanish atall but it did. Hmmm wasted a full 8 pec on that damn daikiba! ( lol )

I wouldn't mind having that bug when I feel like it, very handy for filming

Consider yourself lucky ;)

Well that doesn´t make much sense because I only disappear for a few seconds.

I have another bug that begins with my avatar goes away. Ity happens roughly twice/day.

For me it's:
a) My avatar blinks
b) Reload bar stops immediately
c) I can't use weapon/tools, I can't "equip". I can move, but radar "freezes", I will skate (or be standing still while feet are running). I can still be hurt by mobs (but I can't fap or kill them). Chat is still working.
d) After one-two minutes, it releases. However, there is a big risk of "heaven bug" (meaning, I can't see anything except the sky when looking in certain directions).

Because of (c) I relog immediately when (a) happens.

I wrote to support, but their final respons was something like "your computer doesn't fullfill the specs". Personally, I suspect either temporary network failure, or that a program such as "windows update" or antivirus update runs something that eats CPU.

My current stand is that I'll wait for cryengine, and hope that it either will solve or that the above problem will get clearer.

I also hope that a lot problems will be solved with cryengine2 but I´m also quite sure that the first weeks of cryengine2 will be a total horror... :silly2:

I guess this is also valid for he OP but here it is for aia.

I have another bug that begins with my avatar goes away. Ity happens roughly twice/day.

For me it's:
a) My avatar blinks
b) Reload bar stops immediately
c) I can't use weapon/tools, I can't "equip". I can move, but radar "freezes", I will skate (or be standing still while feet are running). I can still be hurt by mobs (but I can't fap or kill them). Chat is still working.
d) After one-two minutes, it releases. However, there is a big risk of "heaven bug" (meaning, I can't see anything except the sky when looking in certain directions).

Because of (c) I relog immediately when (a) happens.

a) to d) mean client-side lag. You can move around in your client but the server isn't in sync with that motion so mobs hit you "back there" where the server has seen you the last time. Without the client being able to constantly update your interface based on your location there's no texture to be shown so you only see the default background (i.e. the sky).

So relogging on a) is a smart thing to do :).

I wrote to support, but their final respons was something like "your computer doesn't fullfill the specs". Personally, I suspect either temporary network failure, or that a program such as "windows update" or antivirus update runs something that eats CPU.

Client-side lag can occur on various reasons like network issues, high RAM consumption (-> swapping), texture issues in your graphic card's RAM, other timeouts, other apps running, ...

You can try to set the bandwidth in the client-loader settings to something very small. Don't worry, that won't do any bad. I'm playing with 128k (I think...) for quite a while now and I can't say that anything is slower since then.

a) to d) mean client-side lag. You can move around in your client but the server isn't in sync with that motion so mobs hit you "back there" where the server has seen you the last time.
Actually, mobs do follow me around. If move, the mob follows me around. Problem is just that the radar doesn't get updated, and I can't equip gun to kill the mob. (There is a different kind of bug that might happen in heavy populated areas where I can be attacked by a merp from a distance - I don't mean that thing.)

Client-side lag can occur on various reasons like network issues, high RAM consumption (-> swapping), texture issues in your graphic card's RAM, other timeouts, other apps running, ...

I should add that this can happen when there is one green dot and three mobs on the radar, while it (typically) don't appear in areas that feels "laggy" (either by lots of mobs/players like twin peaks/event spawns or complex textures like segna forest).

Also, it (just) appears about once-twice day (in a long day...). It's nothing that is common.

My theory is basically that server and client has lost "sync" with eachother. Consider, I can't switch tool, but I can read chat, which means that some communication server-client works while some other communication obviously doesn't. For me, this bug has replaced the "freak disconnect" bug which I (luckily) don't get anymore.

Last edited:
Back