New land supposed to be up for sale...?

Society
GunAholics
Sunab Kal Naverith
So when is all the new land up for sale? I looked in auction, but didn't see any land areas for sale :-|.

Don't you think it would be a bit unfair to start selling these land areas before everyone has had a chance to log in and explore for a while?

In order to allow for the smooth expansion of the ever-growing colonist population, the Imperial government has decreed that almost all land areas discovered will be divided into sellable lots as soon as possible. This process should be finalized during the summer

Granted they didn't say right after the update, but I had expected it to be during the first day of the VU. Guess I was wrong lol.

I could be wrong, I just think it would be totally out of line not to give people a fair chance to see what's what.

Also, I think they may need some time for bugs to come to the surface before moving on to the next step.

I wana Have info at the new LA and New TPs and so on! :wise:

AkiranBlade said:
I could be wrong, I just think it would be totally out of line not to give people a fair chance to see what's what.

Also, I think they may need some time for bugs to come to the surface before moving on to the next step.

Rofl, that last part seems so out of line with MA's track record....

AkiranBlade said:
Don't you think it would be a bit unfair to start selling these land areas before everyone has had a chance to log in and explore for a while?

:) need time to arrange bank loans and wire transfers.

This LAs have a nice spawn of mobs inside. Of course nothing special but it dosnt cost Improvement Points :) My Favorite is the one with Big Exaosaurs and Tripudion in rough masses.

What I hope is that those same mobs stay there when the land is sold... rather than wiped!

BTW is there a resource that lists *ALL* the DNA chips & their required materials? I tried pe-wiki.info, but it only has about half the information, and I'd like to know *ALL* the required materials for each chip... Thanks :D.

Sunab Naverith said:
What I hope is that those same mobs stay there when the land is sold... rather than wiped!

I very much doubt MA would remove the DNA from the lands, they haven't done that so far and I can't see why they should start now... ;)

Morg said:
:) need time to arrange bank loans and wire transfers.

Hello bank, need 50000$ quick for some virtual items that after purchase will still be owned by the seller MA :laugh:

They went up about 10 minutes ago

Sonya Heart said:
They went up about 10 minutes ago

Imagine all the money deposited into PE (-3.5%) in hopes of bidding/winnin an LA....now imagine what all those 10's of thousands of dollars left on the Ped cards of the people who got overbid by the end of the auction.

"just smile and wave boys...smile and wave" :laugh: :wave: :scratch:

Morg said:
Imagine all the money deposited into PE (-3.5%) in hopes of bidding/winnin an LA....now imagine what all those 10's of thousands of dollars left on the Ped cards of the people who got overbid by the end of the auction.

"just smile and wave boys...smile and wave" :laugh: :wave: :scratch:

Now all the money that goes to the sales is that MA's or does it go into the loot pool?

I know MA say they only get from decay, has anyone ever said what happens to the thousands of peds in land sales?

Sonya Heart said:
I know MA say they only get from decay, has anyone ever said what happens to the thousands of peds in land sales?

MA says they only get income from Decay, true. But I would imagine expenses and day to day costs of business (which isnt "income") have to come from somewhere. :rolleyes:

Though I would imagine it goes mostly to "seeding" the LA after it is purchased.

I can't understand why they needed to do this so quick, only a week to check all the area's and get money on the account. So it will be only for the happy few I guess.

I went to see the new shops in new oxford under the big animal building, but it's a labyrinth down there and freakin dark.

MA knows who has what money in game already. they must think that there are enough fat peds cards around to pay for these new lands, plus a few people prepared to deposite in the hope of winning one in auction.

also a lot of ubers have sold out recently, MA could be doing this in the hope that they leave the peds in game. rather than have to give back 100k's of $ (though the LA's sale would take care of this cash flow issue)#

hope that made sense.

Sonya Heart said:
Now all the money that goes to the sales is that MA's or does it go into the loot pool?

Marco has reaffirmed many times that they only take decay. Consider though that he's talking about PEDs. The interest on all the money deposited is going to MA, as well.

I imagine the LA money goes to HOFs and such.

True if all this LAs went off for around 100K each we will see a few days later some pretty cool ATHs. Maybe we crack the 250K ped borderline :) Im sure there allready enough Partys with the needed ammount of Peds ready to place their bids. oo bad MA not considering to improve the average loot for one month for everyone with that monney. And there is still place for more LAs. Im also wondering if one LA might reserved for Landgrab

Back