New Mall Price Speculation

Just to make things more interesting...
I'll be awarding 500 EFD to the person who comes closest to the actual selling price for the PA Mall..

Another 500 EFD for the person who comes closest to the actual selling price for the Twins mall..

And for Emerald... 1k EFD for the person who comes closest to the actual selling price...(because there is an LA included and harder to speculate)

Ofc... all speculations must be done before the actual selling day^^.
Have fun :) Nice thread love ;)

(please use PED currency!)

EDIT: please dont edit your post, as it will disqualify you from earning EFD if you win!...

Cool, I'm in

PA = 124.999 PED
TP = 78.999 PED
Emerald= 104.949 PED

Good luck to meeeeee, hehe :)

ILW

monthly rent 70peds emerald, 140 peds each PA and twins...:eek:

well, i dunno how much profit existing shops generate but those fees seem a bit high to allow models like e.g. spod's discount store. with such high rents probably the sales prices for the shops themselves go down, and so will prices for the malls...as i said before according to malls, i reckon only big time crafters and miners/mineral traders can turn over enough value to recover taxes and running costs :(

140 or 70 a month?

o_O

Geeeeez this going to be for high end shops only I think forget noobie shops in that

Remeber when you are talking about the costs of the individual shops in the malls that there are 2 sizes of shops. The larger ones and the smaller ones.

Obviously there isn't any sense to be had in a one-price-fits-all mentality since I wouldn't consider paying the same for a smaller shop than the guy across the hall who has a big shop.

Are these mall even being auctioned now, cause I can't find the deed in game.

n00b observation

n00b observation:

Maybe I miss something in wandering around the various places that have shoppes but many are not even available. CND included. The shoppes in the towers in the Teleport cities are underutilized. And the ones that I have seen come on market are priced so that anyone thinking of buying one has no hope of making a profit unless my projections are totally off .. I'm guessing minimum 5 - 7 years of selling bits and peices to recover the investment. Atleast the monthly rents are cheap in the existing shoppes.

Someone along the way really did a scam job on these poor little shoppes. I'm betting someone or some group bought them all and held them for a while and sold one or two off at a time like resellers do with various Harness (F) these days. Drivng the prices higher and higher. In the process killing off that part of the game in the name of a quick profit. Killing it as dead as the unused unavailable shoppes across Amethera and CND. Not much value added by this type of action. Some tiny few profit at everyone that is a would be shoppe keeper expense.

Not wrong or right just sad that this part of game is dead or relegated to people shouting out the items they have for sale around the various teleports.

Don't get me wrong I do not pretend to be an expert in such things I am just an observer for now. Greed seemingly rules EU at the moment. I could be mistaken .. huh?

Last edited:
A problem might be that many resellers etc will gather in the malls at the tp, and thereby giving heavy concurence to the shops.

Perhaps it would be better if MA taxed pvp trades inside the malls :)

Greed seemingly rules EU at the moment. I could be mistaken .. huh?

You are mistaken ...

Greed seemingly rules EU all the time. Lets face the truth here, MA is a business co-operation. Any venture like that has only one goal. To make money. Everything else is secondary.

Example:

Customer service is balanced against (by tight forecasts or projections of course) the impact of those costs are going to be vs. the additional deposits the players are willing to make

Example:

Loot is calculated the way MA maximises revenue whilst keeping the majority of players going ... Not a dime more, not a dime less

Just for clarification, I do not moan (I love the game and am happy to deposit), but if anyone here thinks MA really cares about an individual players etc. they are very mistaken imo.

The impact of this is demonstrated in those malls as I do agree that shops are simply not used. A shopkeeper costs 2k+ and it takes a lot of time to only generate that amount of money. And lets face it those items of rarer nature are def. not lying somewhere in an dusty, random shop (or has anyone ever come across some shadow parts, etc in a shop) ?

I think that despite some certain facts here, all malls will go for a lot of money cause people will see CND and are hoping to do the same (same goes for those ppl buying/renting a shop subsequently) ... My prediction is that it will not happen though (I for once do not go to PA or TP as my computer simply can't cope with THAT populated places :)

Good luck bidding everyone :)

ILW

PS: And there is one def. winner in all this, MA reaping 3x big amounts of PED (dollars) for something that costs them close to nothing ... I rest my case of MA being a true business venture :)

Malls On Auction Now

heheh i bid on all three malls...

while the bidding was still below 200 peds.

Sure feels special to have been a part of EU history. :rolleyes:

When MA allows me to collect my own materials, spend my own money and BUILD my own mall in the location of my choice, assuming I can buy or claim the land, THEN I will make an effort to spend and invest that kind of money.

Anything else is purely another "we want more of your hard-earned money" motives from MA and I want more control than that.

No, I am not a control freak, either, I just don't believe in spending THAT kind of money and having such a limited amount of input and control over the rest of what, when and where that is involved in the whole thing.

MA, locate us a new continent, allow players to buy up land by the "acre" or square kilometer and let us make our own borders. Allow us the option to "build and install" our own buildings and our own teleporters, hangars too if we wish. Sure it would cost us money, but if we had some say in what our land had to offer, I am sure more would gladly spend it. Offer a set of options. Allow us to decide what items go where (within reason of course) and then see how things prosper.

I think this is an excellent idea :lolup:

I notice that there has been some mention of the rents, but I haven't spotted a full price breakdown yet.

I took a look round the PA mall, and the monthly maintenance there is:

6 shops 60 PED
5 shops 140 PED
1 shop 154 PED
(per floor)

So that is in total:

18 shops 60 PED
15 shops 140 PED
3 shops 154 PED

1 Penthouse 15 PED

There are also 2 ad-spaces outside the doors, 1 at either end, and they have a maintenance of 14 PED each per month.

Now, solely for the sake of clarity, if none of the shops are sold, that is a monthly bill for the mall owner of 3685 PED. :eek:

Do the other malls have a different price structure?

Last edited:
A problem might be that many resellers etc will gather in the malls at the tp, and thereby giving heavy concurence to the shops.

Perhaps it would be better if MA taxed pvp trades inside the malls :)
Possible that if street traders converge on the mall tp's that that will help bring traffic to the malls themselves?

Now, solely for the sake of clarity, if none of the shops are sold, that is a monthly bill for the mall owner of 3685 PED. :eek:

Do the other malls have a different price structure?

I have taken another look around. The Twin Peaks maintenance rates are exactly the same as PA, but the Lakes one is different.

All rates at the lake are half those of PA except for the penthouse which remains 15 PED.

So the total maintenance for the Lakes Mall is 1850 PED per month. (Not including any additional fees for the associated Land Area).

you can place slightly more items in teh twin shops over teh pa shops

Emerald

300 items = 70ped /month
120 items = 30 ped /month

PA
40/5/0 items = 60 ped
100/10/10 = 140ped a month

Twin

150/10/0 140ped
60/5/0 60ped

Closing Speculations Entries..

Okay, since the malls are in auction today for the next 11 days or so, I will be not be allowing any more speculation entries as of this point.. you can of course, continue to speculate !

Remember, if you have edited your post, you will no longer be able to qualify for EFD prize. If you havent, make sure you dont! :D

So far... I believe its going for 30k Peds atm, this shall be an interesting turn of events :eek:

I doubt the mall owner will have to pay all that. The monthly fees are paid to keep each shop open. If no one owns the shop, the fee simply wont be paid.

I doubt the mall owner will have to pay all that. The monthly fees are paid to keep each shop open. If no one owns the shop, the fee simply wont be paid.

Thank you for clarifying that. :thumbup:

And the shop owner pays the rent, not the mall owner.

Twin: 1 000 001 PED
PA: 1 000 001 PED
Emerald: 1 000 001 PED

CND was long ago.. times change:)

Although imposible to predict actual change - comon it seems that these malls will be connected to actual ingame auction.. that is very important..

you can place slightly more items in teh twin shops over teh pa shops

Emerald

300 items = 70ped /month
120 items = 30 ped /month

PA
40/5/0 items = 60 ped
100/10/10 = 140ped a month

Twin

150/10/0 140ped
60/5/0 60ped

Just to complete Spod's list with the big shop size:

Emerald
120/5/0 = 30 ped /month
300/10/0 = 70 ped /month
300/15/0 = 77 ped /month

PA
40/5/0 items = 60 ped /month
100/10/0 = 140 ped /month
100/15/0 = 154 ped /month

Twin
60/5/0 = 60 ped /month
150/10/0 = 140 ped /month
150/15/0 = 154 ped /month

ty for completing list, was going to do it, but had bad sleep and couldnt quite be bothered :D

Its funny about the sign posts outside the malls because once person have the tp inside the mall when they would ever go outside to look at the sign and then go back inside?

Wouldn't it be so nice if they didn't pass from 10 ped? xD:laugh:

I say they will go for 200k PED each...

Thanks Spod & Midori...

Also been collecting some data >>> HERE <<<

Let me know if you have anything to add or change on the following!

== Level 1,2 & 3 ==

;12 Shops with Window Display capabilities on Each Level.

:EMERALD LAKE
::6 Shops - Items:120/5 - 30 ped /month - 50 Guests
:::No Market Stall Display out front.
::5 Shops - Items:300/10 - 70 ped /month - 100 Guests
:::One Market Stall Display out front.
::1 Shop - Items:300/15 - 77 ped /month - 100 Guests
:::Two Market Stall Display out front.

:PORT ATLANTIS
::6 Shops - Items:40/5 items - 60 ped /month - 50 Guests
::5 Shops - Items:100/10 - 140 ped /month - 100 Guests
::1 Shop - Items:100/15 - 154 ped /month - 100 Guests

:TWIN PEAKS
::6 Shops - Items:60/5 - 60 ped /month - 50 Guests
::5 Shops - Items:150/10 - 140 ped /month - 100 Guests
::1 Shop - Items:150/15 - 154 ped /month - 100 Guests

;Auction and Terminal Area

;Owners area (Blank but same size as the Auction/Terminal Area)

== Level 4 ==
;Owners Personal Floor
:Balcony
:Verandah all way around
:Teleporter
:Ad Screen
:Two Room Apartment
:Roof Top Landing Pads
:Closed Area? (or atleast a vault like door)

Thanks Spod & Midori...

Also been collecting some data >>> HERE <<<

Let me know if you have anything to add or change on the following!

That seems to cover most of it, but here is some additional data for the external ad spaces (2 outside each mall) and the penthouses:

Emerald Lake
Penthouse: Items: 240/5/0 - 15 PED / month - 100 Guests - Item trade deactivated (You cannot use the Penthouse as a shop)
2 x External ad space: Items: 0/0/15 - 7 PED / month - Guest limit not applicable - Item trade deactivated

Port Atlantis
Penthouse: Items: 80/5/0 - 15 PED / month - 100 Guests - Item trade deactivated
2 x External ad space: Items: 0/0/15 - 14 PED / month - Guest limit not applicable - Item trade deactivated

Twin Peaks
Penthouse: Items: 120/5/0 - 15 PED / month - 100 Guests - Item trade deactivated
2 x External ad space: Items: 0/0/15 - 14 PED / month - Guest limit not applicable - Item trade deactivated

Reactions: J D
Ok, so i decided ot have a predtiction on the small motivation of the EFD

Emerald: 780,000 PED

Port Atlantis: 620,000 PED

Twin Peaks: 620,000 PED

I'm not sure if the Port atlantis one really is mroe vauable, i mean most of the people with ped to spend hang aorund twin peaks more than PA, PA is a place of noobs with an average of probably 100 PED on each of them.

That seems to cover most of it, but here is some additional data for the external ad spaces (2 outside each mall) and the penthouses:

Well I'm guessing the one at Emerald Lakes will go for over 208K PED at least.

Back