New map added to Entropedia. New locations can be added.

Excellant work!

Thanks so much for the fast response, Witte :yay:

Spent last night writing down every single loot after each kill :laugh:
I'll add to Entropedia when I get home from work tonight.

this is great.
im one to have maps to make a path from one tp to the next - for tp runs with noobs.

Easy to add TPs and stuff back (and new ones), but it seems LAs are now polygons, not squares. So what do we do about those? :silly2:

Witte, I see the map has just been split from the full 'Calpyso' map from this morning to separate Amethera & Eudoria maps.

I actually quite liked the concept of the single map of 'Calypso' in Entropedia, considering new planets will be coming online in the not-too-distant future.

As the coordinate system is now continuous across the 2 continents, I saw this as an indication that there will be 1 map/planet .. and this would make it somewhat easier to extend Entropedia to encompass ALL the planets, as they become available.

I'd be interested in hearing others views on this, before extensive additions are made to the maps, making changes difficult

Last edited:
:mad:all i get is
"Compilation Error
Description: An error occurred during the compilation of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific error details and modify your source code appropriately.

Compiler Error Message: CS0103: The name 'LocLon' does not exist in the current context

Source Error:

Line 852: //double lat = ((Math.Atan(Math.Sinh(Math.PI * 2d * scaley * ((double.Parse(LocLat.Text) / (double)cont.Coord + offsety)) / ((double)cont.Height) - Math.PI))) / Math.PI) * 180d;
Line 853: double lat = (scalex * ((double.Parse(LocLat.Text) / (double)cont.Coord + offsetx)) / ((double)cont.Width)) * 360d - 180d;
Line 854: double lon = ((Math.Atan(Math.Sinh(Math.PI * 2d * scaley * ((double.Parse(LocLon.Text) / (double)cont.Coord + offsety)) / ((double)cont.Height) - Math.PI))) / Math.PI) * 180d;
Line 855:
Line 856:

Source File: c:\Inetpub\wwwentropedia\Location.aspx.cs Line: 854
"

Thanks + rep again ;)

As said above I have split the maps into separate continents. I can undo this with a single query, and no coordinates that are entered will be lost. For now I will go for the two continent solution, but that may change. This also has to do with performance, the system is not optimized to handle such big maps.

As for the errors, while splitting the maps I encountered some bugs, which should be fixed now. Everything should work fine now, if you encounter any more issues please report them.

Some more places

Im not registered yet, so here goes some more coordinates:

Estate Area called Corinth Hills at 63770 - 85708
Outpost at 78346 -66812
Teleport called Fort Troy at 80498 - 68315

Athena Spaceport as a Teleport also

Keep up the great work ;)

Ok Witte, guess I missed the post about changing the maps back.

Glad to hear it can be rejoined if needed in the future, tho I can understand the size of the map might cause problems.

Back to the updating then ...

Easy to add TPs and stuff back (and new ones), but it seems LAs are now polygons, not squares. So what do we do about those? :silly2:

For now I guess those should be left out. I will add polygons in a later stage, however this will need some changes in the data structure so is not very easy to do.

Jason Center

Found Jason Center at 75697 - 80293, there is a Teleport there but, apparently is bugged cause it didn't got saved in my Location list

Is anyone adding the TP's etc that we know location to?

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Location.aspx is the link.
I have tried update the link all they and can't see any changes.

I started a new avatar just 1 day before VU 10 and have almost no Teleports and don't really know where to go.

Would be appriciated if someone could put in all the TP's as soon as possible.

Thanx alot & Keep up the good work!

:yay:

Thanks Witte

Is anyone adding the TP's etc that we know location to?
I added a few on the south end of Amethera (including one I didn't have pre V10 that I found, not sure if it's actually new though, or I was just missing it before). Then I got bored and stopped, I'll add more of the ones I have later if someone else doesn't. :cool:

I added polygon editing to the maps. Landareas and PvP zones can now (correctly) be added. I also made changes to the layout. Note that the software is released MA style, meaning I did not do any (bug) testing. Any bug reports or suggestions are welcome.

I added polygon editing to the maps. Landareas and PvP zones can now (correctly) be added. I also made changes to the layout. Note that the software is released MA style, meaning I did not do any (bug) testing. Any bug reports or suggestions are welcome.

Great :)

I guess polygon plotting is done by inputting co-ordinates for the corners (or nodes is probably a more correct term)?

Great :)

I guess polygon plotting is done by inputting co-ordinates for the corners (or nodes is probably a more correct term)?

As it is now you can only choose the coordinates by moving the vertexes on the map itself, manual input is not possible. It may even never come, because the Google Maps API makes it kinda hard to update the polygons after you enter values manually. Or at least, I found it difficult ;).

is it possible to just add rectangles as before for LA's at least then we have a rough idea where LA's are without knowing there exact size and shape.

is it possible to just add rectangles as before for LA's at least then we have a rough idea where LA's are without knowing there exact size and shape.

You can add any shape you like, up to 100 vertexes.

As it is now you can only choose the coordinates by moving the vertexes on the map itself, manual input is not possible. It may even never come, because the Google Maps API makes it kinda hard to update the polygons after you enter values manually. Or at least, I found it difficult ;).

Ah OK, a bit of an artistic eye required then, I'm out :D

Ah OK, a bit of an artistic eye required then, I'm out :D

You are able to see the location of the vertex you move in the menu to the right. At the right zoom level you can place them with a meter accuracy when you know the exact coordinates.

Thx.

Hi,

Thanks for adding the new maps, im kind of confused to find the right mobs all seems to be different places.

Regards.

Lana

You are able to see the location of the vertex you move in the menu to the right. At the right zoom level you can place them with a meter accuracy when you know the exact coordinates.

OK, sounds a bit fiddly but should do the job nicely. Probably tricky to find the exact co-ordinates on some vertices too, but with the new map it should be easy to get them within a few metres without endless running around and hitting P.

I need to get a few more on my map before I think about adding them to your map :)

Some knows issues:

*Currently the distance to a LA is determined by the "name vertex". It is very hard to determine a distance to a polygon, and I am not sure if or how I will implement this. As consequence items placed inside a landarea will not be tagged as being inside that area, and instead of showing distance = 0, it will show the distance to the name vertex.

*Also area size is not calculated yet.

Polylines are also functional now. An idea I have for revival points is to attach a polygon to each revival point that represents its boundaries.

Is there a problem with the names of the TPs or aren't they named yet? At least a few of them appear when I select Cities, too.

I mean I see the blue dots but not the names next to them.

Back