New mission changes

Dennis blighter

Prowler
Society
Lost Renegades
Thanos Blighter Havoc
Ok so this whole thing ennoys me, however i would like to be on some specific topics.

First should attributes reduce the amount of skills you gain?
I personally feel it shouldnt and i find it complete BS, i say this because, any stamina choice reduces the skills you gain by 90% normally, meaning if you do choose stamina you gain only 10% the skills compaired to if you didnt.

Second, when did MA ever determine things based on markup?
I feel they should not take markup into the base TT value given. I simply dont know how to explain this good enough, but i find it highly "CHEAP" on their part.

Or also, because you cant gain stamina else where, should it even be counted with MU?
Basically saying stamina should just be given upon completion of any hunting mission without regards to given skills.

Here are some discussion points, however its made for any and all deals with the new mission change.
What does everyone think?

Ok so this whole thing ennoys me, however i would like to be on some specific topics.

First should attributes reduce the amount of skills you gain?
I personally feel it shouldnt and i find it complete BS, i say this because, any stamina choice reduces the skills you gain by 90% normally, meaning if you do choose stamina you gain only 10% the skills compaired to if you didnt.

Second, when did MA ever determine things based on markup?
I feel they should not take markup into the base TT value given. I simply dont know how to explain this good enough, but i find it highly "CHEAP" on their part.

Or also, because you cant gain stamina else where, should it even be counted with MU?
Basically saying stamina should just be given upon completion of any hunting mission without regards to given skills.

Here are some discussion points, however its made for any and all deals with the new mission change.
What does everyone think?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ron-Mission-Change-Effective-August-21st-2012

Yes, they (MindArk) are cheap and I did predict that they would do something similar to this... :lolup:

~Danimal

I simply dont know how to explain this good enough, but i find it highly "CHEAP" on their part.

How do you mean, "cheap"? They are safeguarding the market value of skills, I would've thought that would be a good thing? It's not like it would cost them more or less to not do that, but it ensures that skill value drops less than it otherwise would from being a mission reward? :dunno:

As for the rest, I do not have any opinion as I do not want to be pulled into the stamina discussion that has been going on here on the forum lately :laugh:

Yes, it annoys the hell out of me, that stamina will have such a big impact on skills rewarded, if chosen.

Getting fed up just thinking about the nerf tbh.

Stamina should be given as a reward, for iron challenges that have been completed, without the impact, and the tokens should be other attributes, like strength or agility, thats offered.

Also annoys the hell out of me about only getting 1 starting stamina, as opposed to the 9 others had before me.

Im very annoyed that those who started a year before me could loot shadow parts, mod faps and alot of other nice items, i started in feb 2004 and uber items did still drop but VERY rarley so i never looted anything nice, i think MA should let us who started just after all those nice item drops loot some nice items also just as much as you want those 8 more stamina that i have over you...

Yes, it annoys the hell out of me, that stamina will have such a big impact on skills rewarded, if chosen.

Getting fed up just thinking about the nerf tbh.

Stamina should be given as a reward, for iron challenges that have been completed, without the impact, and the tokens should be other attributes, like strength or agility, thats offered.

Also annoys the hell out of me about only getting 1 starting stamina, as opposed to the 9 others had before me.

... any stamina choice reduces the skills you gain by 90% normally, meaning if you do choose stamina you gain only 10% the skills compaired to if you didnt.

Reduced by 90%? Any?

I think you need to have a second look at it:

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?232239-Rebalanced-Mission-Rewards

However, i'm not exactly happy that attribute rewards come at such a high penalty to skill rewards, too - and i really wonder if 1 stamina is really worth 25 PED rifle/dexterity/combat reflexes and whether there's anything about attributes we didn't find out yet.

:yup:

But i am quite sure that you are just wasting your time with this thread, they will not change it back - this is neither the last nerf nor the worst.

How do you mean, "cheap"? They are safeguarding the market value of skills, I would've thought that would be a good thing? It's not like it would cost them more or less to not do that, but it ensures that skill value drops less than it otherwise would from being a mission reward? :dunno:

80% of hunting ath's lately can be achieved naked with a p5 & you call that safeguarding the skillmarket? :laugh:

They are safeguarding the market value of skills, ...

:lolup:

Are you playing the same game?

They have ruined the market value of skills by so many actions - too many actions to still consider it "accidental".
It sure looks like they are trying their best to devaluate them.

Safeguarding, ts ts ts... :rolleyes:

Yes the why of this nerf eludes me completely.. and as with all nerfs we will loose some of our userbase yet again.

This game does not need more nerfs, it needs more players. More players will not come if trying to become skilled in this game is yet again being hardened. People will stop playing and leave.
If that is the masterplan (make mid level depositing players leave) then I guess they will succeed with every bit they take out of what makes entropia fun.

I can understand that some of the missions gave too much skill, but why not give attribute tokens with the skill as was announced by charlie? NO, they have to nerf it and make it or-or instead of and- and.

They claim they listen, so could all of you please stand up who requested YABU in support cases? (yet another barbie update)

Yes the why of this nerf eludes me completely.. and as with all nerfs we will loose some of our userbase yet again.

This game does not need more nerfs, it needs more players. More players will not come if trying to become skilled in this game is yet again being hardened. People will stop playing and leave.
If that is the masterplan (make mid level depositing players leave) then I guess they will succeed with every bit they take out of what makes entropia fun.

I can understand that some of the missions gave too much skill, but why not give attribute tokens with the skill as was announced by charlie? NO, they have to nerf it and make it or-or instead of and- and.

They claim they listen, so could all of you please stand up who requested YABU in support cases? (yet another barbie update)

"Not need more nerfs, it needs more players"

Lot of players have tryed to say it to MA for many years without any luck.

I wholeheartedly agree - but before they look for new players, they should strive to keep those who already play.

You shouldn't be wondering if you are a masochist or otherwise enjoy being shafted and pissed off every time you log in....
Thousands of bugs, and every VU they fix like 3 and introduce 30 new ones, loot (need i say more) and what's worst is that they break (unwritten) rules that lasted for ages in this game: Adjusting stats, moving mining resources, dropping rare stuff like candy on some planets...

Please if you dont like the attribute mission change, please send a report case.
I am going to send one because i feel attributes should not dampen the skill gain.
Most skill rewards were already lowered...

And i might mention something about stamina ect.

All 10k Missions should award +1 Stamina AND the listed rewards. It's the least MA can do for people burning thousands of peds.

All 10k Missions should award +1 Stamina AND the listed rewards. It's the least MA can do for people burning thousands of peds.
Very true.

I sent a support case in, support said it was actually a good idea.
But im sure that was only a reply to a specific part of the part i wrote.

If you dont like how the new missions work, please send a support case.
Under suggestions, more people that say they dont like it or want to suggest a better way for them, please do.

I have no problem with the changes.

Back