New planets: when? and how to get there?

Dutchie

Alpha
Effem Dutchie Millbrook
With the announcement of 10.0:

Is there any news/rumour about when the new planets will ariive?
And ditto about how to get there?

Please share info here.

Thanks. D.

Pushbikes will be introduced in VU 10.8

Pushbikes will be introduced in VU 10.8

Guess pushing then will become one of the mandatory tasks for disciples.:yay:

Still do not get exactly how to push to a different planet though :scratch2:

Still do not get exactly how to push to a different planet though :scratch2:

That will be implemented with CE3 :D (same time as when EU gets ported to Xbox)

I have seen a thread like this before... and I made this ->

hmm how do you call this ? double posting or something?

That will be implemented with CE3 :D (same time as when EU gets ported to Xbox)

the sad thing is that CE3 will come in 2010.

We must buld a ladder!!!

We must start our great quest today. Go collect as much furniture as you can and begin building the tower. When it gets high enough we should be able to jump off of it on to the new planet. We shall call it the tower of Babel. It will let us finally reach the heavens. Since the highest location in Entropia is currently CND, lets start building the tower there...

The planets will be here Monday morning on 17th Aug 2009 and you can go to them via the tp.

I heard something in a interview about a few planets being open when ce2 comes

I bet you wont be able to travel to other planets inside EU, but you can just loggin to them via an other loader (or the same)

Include sources to the rumors, otherwise it has no seriousness at all :mad:

I agree, considering the last sentence in the left box in this image: http://www.metaltropia.com/when.jpg

I don`t agree. :) You can download Entropia from CND website and create a new avatar directly on CND.

Planets will allow creation of new accounts, avatars to be born directly on these planets but spacetravel will also allow people to travel between planets. This was stated by MA over and over. They want a linked, connected universe.

A few thoughts from me:

17th we will get VU.10 then in close time we will get a few updates where they ad contents and functionality.
During this first steps FPC will be the test bench for all the other planets to come. The tests done pre VU10 release was probably good but a real test with real users is hard to do. I think I saw that the anouncement of this monday where read the firts hours by 20K people, if 20K people cares, they will probably download and run this game. A 20K test team is hard to find. After the testphase and implementation of new features in subsequence it will be time for the other planets to open. Since they use the same system filled with there own content the august/september testphase will be enough to prove that EU really works. So the Rocktropia poster found in earlier posts could be the closest to the truth we get, but I think it's possible to really make a release of a new planet within september timeframe.

Regarding travel I think the existing spaceships will still be for ferry rides to CND and CP. If the same crafts where usable for spacetravel, exploring in space etc, I guess the pilots would be occupied with exploring instead of ferrying. So hopefully the new golden age will give some interesting new space ship parts and in the end we will have ferry crafts for rides to CND and CP and then there will be interstellar crafts for rides to other planets and perhaps a third exploring type, the future will tell.

I heard something in a interview about a few planets being open when ce2 comes

didnt Marco or someone say that there WONT be any new planets directly when CE2 gets implemented?

if anyone can find this statement I will be happy, because I am too lazy to search :laugh:

I bet you wont be able to travel to other planets inside EU, but you can just loggin to them via an other loader (or the same)

This is false. Marco has said that we will log in to the place (planet) we were on when logging off, we will travel in-universe to get to another planet.

The planets WILL be connected... and you will not choose which planet to log into, because the plan behind this is:

One universe, one server ... multiple worlds.

And stated by Neverdie in a TubeVid in another thread...
Ill see if i can find it...:yay:

This all sounds like the prelude to something we've been waiting for for quite some time since it was first announced:

Space Pirates

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M87havINO-M[/YOUTUBE]

MA is just setting up the stage...

Heavy strike vessel?
Medium strike vessel?

Yes please, i take one of each thankyou.

Here it is...:wtg:

It's possible to go to the new planets
per shuttle.

It costs 1,000,000,000,000 k of Oil and
it takes 2,000,000 years. :D

I'm not so much worried about when and how... but more of "how much"

I'd love to visit these new planets... but not if I have to pay thousands of peds...

That's really my only worry...
~Nayera

I'm not so much worried about when and how... but more of "how much"

I'd love to visit these new planets... but not if I have to pay thousands of peds...

That's really my only worry...
~Nayera

I dont think it will cost TOO much, because that would limit the economy... they want an inter-planetary economy with free movement ^^

Yupp...I second that..
Allthough, if there be possibilitys to fly in space and HUNT pirates
and MINE and stuff...Im not sure...That WILL cost, alot...

I had a vision of a Battlecruiser with a Capten, Pilot, Navigator and
a Weapons/Tactical officer. All controled by players..And small hunterfighters
being bots under your control..Like EVE but you need atleast 4 Players
to manuver it fully...That is my biggest dream of this game...

EU
+
EVE
=
TRUE

:wtg:

I had a vision of a Battlecruiser with a Capten, Pilot, Navigator and
a Weapons/Tactical officer. All controled by players..

it would be cool if you could have a big ship where you could choose to either steer everything yourself or putting some controls on other players, such as weapons control or shields :)

it will be nice if ND make a statment here about......

Back