New player teleporters now?

Serica

Society
Antipodean Army
Harena Serica Turbinis
Last I recall, new players got one tp on each of Eudoria and Amethera when they started - Port Atlantis Marina and Treasure Island City (or was it New Oxford?).

However, when one of my disciples who has started in the past week asked to go to Nea's today, we found that he had no teleports on Amethera at all.

Is this normal now? If so, it seems pretty darn odd, as the only way I can think to get hem there now is to fly him down to do the 'Boat Trip' mission.

If it's a bug, have other mentors (or those who help out new players without mentoring) encountered this as well?

I've lodged a support case and will post the outcome:
Hi there,

One of my disciples (xxxxxx) asked me to help him get to Nea's Place tp, so that he could take part in
team sweating there.

However, when he listed all current teleports on his ingame map, none of them at all are on Amethera.

Please advise:
1. What are the 'default' or starting teleports all new players have when they start.
2. If none are on the Amethera continent, how are new players now expected to get to
Amethera for the first time now?

Kind regards,

same question came up in soc chat yesterday, i am interested in the answer to that one too

but as for the past, iirc correctly, it used to be PA and TI castle, then when oxford came along it was PA, TI castle and oxford for a while, then just PA and TI castle again
gotta admit that i dont know for sure, its hard to keep track of the uncommented newbie spawn point changes

as of now, they arrive in Icarus i think
i dont even know if PA is a standard TP for them and not just Icarus

but as for the past, iirc correctly, it used to be PA and TI castle, then when oxford came along it was PA, TI castle and oxford for a while, then just PA and TI castle again
gotta admit that i dont know for sure, its hard to keep track of the uncommented newbie spawn point changes

I thought that after vu10, and the guides being swamped helping people who got stuck at various fertiliser stations on TI, they switched the TI Castle one to TI City? That was a couple of years ago though ofc :)

Just helping a mate go thru the beginning now and i must say it looks pretty good in this new area and there was 2 new players in there so that was nice to see.

Areas: Fortress Invincible & Mount Hephastos
Teleports: Camp Icarus and Port Atlantis Marina new Arrival

Wormholes should still work to get them over.

But yeah i think as long as the continents are not easily connected there should be one location on amethera.

Just helping a mate go thru the beginning now and i must say it looks pretty good in this new area and there was 2 new players in there so that was nice to see.

Areas: Fortress Invincible & Mount Hephastos
Teleports: Camp Icarus and Port Atlantis Marina new Arrival

Say hi to Malin if you see him, he's just gone to Gateway to help one of his friends start too :)

So, seems like they get no tp's on Amethera then. I wonder if it's intentional now, or a bug? I guess I'll have to wait for the support case response to find out.

I thought that after vu10, and the guides being swamped helping people who got stuck at various fertiliser stations on TI, they switched the TI Castle one to TI City? That was a couple of years ago though ofc :)
when CP sold so many people joined the game (prolly cause of the "dude bought virtual thing for $$$$$$ advertising we all love), that PA got overflodded

as PA was full they all went to TI castle where they often wandered of and met the newbie friendly mobs of TI
especially the hogglos were very fond of them
so they got spread to several of the revival stations there
kinda funny time

we asked Stave who was the ETA founder and boss at the time if he could help us relocate them to Neas
the exact figures i dont know anymore, but with preperation of a day or less Stave, ETA and the guides managed to move like 200 people to Nea's (mainly thanks to ETAs convoys :D)

ok, the hunters didn't like it that much i guess there, but where else to put them

and i think you are right, around that time was a change to TI city as well, if this was another overflodding point or not i can't tell though
i thought that TI castle stayed the amethera default tp, but not sure
the guides mostly kept to PA at the time, if they could, at least i did, as it was the main point
the CP sale newbie migration was more a one time thing

in either case i would be very happy to see a note when a newbie tp changes
especially for the people helping newbies it is a nice info to have
i hope they aren't supposed to swim to amethera now ^.-

In the past it was not possible to reach Amethera without having a TP there from beginning. After the merge of Eudoria and Amethera it was possible. So maybe for that reason the starter TP's on Amethera are removed?

In the past it was not possible to reach Amethera without having a TP there from beginning. After the merge of Eudoria and Amethera it was possible. So maybe for that reason the starter TP's on Amethera are removed?
quite a long swim...

Its possible to fly around the south side of Mount Hephastos (just confirmed), which I guess is another option.

Still it does make it a heck of a long way now to help a new player to get to such routine locations as New Oxford, Emerald Mall or TI City, let alone Nea's.

Also, with VU12.5.4, we were permitted to access Genesis and the other arrival areas:
Arrival Areas & Mentors
Mentors with at least one graduated disciple can now teleport directly to the new player arrival areas from any teleporter, with the following conditions and limitations:
  • The mentor will be able to choose from either the Genesis new arrival area or an arrival area connected to the planet where the mentor is currently located (if applicable).
  • The mentor will be placed in the new arrivals instance with the highest population.
  • The mentor will not be able to bring any items into new arrivals area; the new arrivals default inventory will be loaded instead.
  • The mentor will have the ability to recruit new disciples while in the new arrivals area.
  • To exit the new arrivals area the mentor should use the teleporter in the new arrivals area, which will return the mentor to the same teleporter that was used to enter the new arrivals area.
  • When exiting the new arrivals area, the original avatar inventory will be reloaded.

I've seen it on the pull-down destination list on the tp window some time ago, but it's not there now. I don't recall seeing anything about access being withdrawn though. Anyone have more info ?

Remind me again which continent billiton towers are on ?

I had one on Amathera and on Eudoria when I started a couple of months ago. I sorta think it was billiton(But I am extremely tired today so might be wrong about the name I recall, but I definitely had one on Amathera and one on Eudoria.

EDIT:
I recall the TP being South West-ish of Nea's. As I tried running it and and dropping a couple of probes, didn't pay attention to the mobs around me but some or other pretty tall mob KO'd me.(Not Prots)

Last edited:
Remind me again which continent billiton towers are on ?

I had one on Amathera and on Eudoria when I started a couple of months ago. I sorta think it was billiton(But I am extremely tired today so might be wrong about the name I recall, but I definitely had one on Amathera and one on Eudoria

EDIT:
I recall the TP being South West-ish of Nea's. As I tried running it and and dropping a couple of probes, didn't pay attention to the mobs around me but some or other pretty tall mob KO'd me.(Not Prots)

Billton Towers is on Amethera, just southwest of New Oxford. Perhaps the mob that killed you was the Falxangius on the LA just south of NewOxford/Billton.

Thanks for posting btw, it makes me think that perhaps something has been changed to a bug overlooked in a recent VU.

Just wanted to confirm, new new arivals no longer have/get Amethera.
Talked to a support person awhile back. Its a semi recent change, within the last 3-4 months... I had 2 disciples, 1 i had to fly there, the other could tele there, they joined 1 day apart... But ive forgotten the exact dates ect.

Hope that helps.

A thought/ or reply from support never mentioned a bug, but simply stated that was how it is atm.

Just wanted to confirm, new new arivals no longer have/get Amethera.
Talked to a support person awhile back. Its a semi recent change, within the last 3-4 months... I had 2 disciples, 1 i had to fly there, the other could tele there, they joined 1 day apart... But ive forgotten the exact dates ect.

Hope that helps.

A thought/ or reply from support never mentioned a bug, but simply stated that was how it is atm.

False. My avatar was created 1 month ago and i did have a TP on Amethera. Pretty sure it was New Oxford.
Maybe some of the newbies don't know what Amethera really is and they think that the other TP they got is on the same continent, or can't even use them properly yet.
I remember switching at TPs from Eudoria to Amethera back when there was no connection, don't think we got that option anymore so it's even harder for newbies to know what people mean by continents and Eudoria/Amethera terms.

I actually got my disciple to give me a list of all the tp's he had from his map (in alpha order), so I'm sure he definately doesnt have one on Amethera.

Good to know that it was New Oxford fairly recently, thanks :)

Billton Towers is on Amethera, just southwest of New Oxford. Perhaps the mob that killed you was the Falxangius on the LA just south of NewOxford/Billton.

Thanks for posting btw, it makes me think that perhaps something has been changed to a bug overlooked in a recent VU.

Indeed it was just looked em up on .info

i do not hope that this is the case

otherwise, enjoy the swim, beginners.. :)

As I understand it the noobs dont have PA new arrivals TP - as soon as they get this they will get new oxford too. This bit of info was picked up from other mentors etc so dont quote me on it I havent tested it:)

I joined about 3 weeks ago, and I can confirm that new oxford is the one on amarthea.
And I dont think I had PA new arrival, only camp icarus.

I met a few newcomers during the last few weeks who told me they did not have New Oxford. However, they could pick that tp up by talking to one of the NPCs at PA (I think it was the Immigration Official).

However, I cannot recall any player who did not have PA New Arrivals on his list.

Excellent, thanks for the info Nisha. I'll get my disciple to check out that tomorrow, and see if that adds an Amethera tp for him.

I met a few newcomers during the last few weeks who told me they did not have New Oxford. However, they could pick that tp up by talking to one of the NPCs at PA (I think it was the Immigration Official).

New players have only PA New Arrival tp (and Icarus if they had been close to it), but they acquire PA, PA Mall and New Oxford tps the moment they tp to the PA New Arrival, even before talking to npcs. I constantly haul new people to Nea's so it was confirmed many times.

However, I cannot recall any player who did not have PA New Arrivals on his list.
I knew a who guy upon arriving to Icarus didn't run to the outpost but noticed PA towers and swam there :). So he missed the Icarus tp. Maybe if he'd swam somewhere else he'd miss the PA NA too.

Just talked to a newcomer.

His list of tps/other locations:

Fortress Invincible
Mount Hephastos
Orthos Oil Field
Wastelander Camp
Camp Icarus
Nus Lull Port
Atlantis Marina

After talking to the Immigration Official at PA he had New Oxford on the list.

Why does the guy up in the gateway ask if you are ready to go to Port Atlantis if they aren't going to send you there to start out, but instead send you to Icarus? They need to update the text on that npc. Need to do other updates on that place too... some holes in the base of mountains make you fall in to never never land.

Game devs need to learn the phrase 'convex hulls'

I met someone a wile back to that didnt have a TP on Amathera so i flew him there , it took a wile hehe ;)
Thx for info good to know u can get that on a NPC in PA :)

When I joined in late 2006 I was given the choice of starting at PA or New Oxford. I chose PA, but got New Oxford in the TP list as well as PA.

New players have only PA New Arrival tp (and Icarus if they had been close to it), but they acquire PA, PA Mall and New Oxford tps the moment they tp to the PA New Arrival, even before talking to npcs. I constantly haul new people to Nea's so it was confirmed many times.

That makes it even easier :)

Do you know if it comes with one of the achievements? - I guess it is triggered by something, but still not quite sure what it is.

That makes it even easier :)

Do you know if it comes with one of the achievements? - I guess it is triggered by something, but still not quite sure what it is.

Yes, new people instantly get "Porter" and "Hang about" achievements upon tp'ing to PA NA for the 1st time (only the second one if you got to the pier by other means - e.g. if you swam there from Icarus :silly2:)

Last I recall, new players got one tp on each of Eudoria and Amethera when they started - Port Atlantis Marina and Treasure Island City (or was it New Oxford?).

However, when one of my disciples who has started in the past week asked to go to Nea's today, we found that he had no teleports on Amethera at all.

Is this normal now? If so, it seems pretty darn odd, as the only way I can think to get hem there now is to fly him down to do the 'Boat Trip' mission.

New players not receiving the TP on TI was discovered last month when I was doing a media interview and taking my interviewer on a tour of the island.

Whilst we had an interesting time flying the rather long route to TI the lack of a TP (either City or Castle) is an issue and it was raised with MindArk.
They have found the cause of the problem and access to the TP will be restored in a future update.

- Deathifier

Thanks for the info Deathi.

I hope they get it fixed soon then, as if the Immigration Official doesn't trigger a New Oxford tp, then its an awfully long flight across several servers to get new players across to Amethera, and not everyone has the time to stay online for that long.

Back