New population on Calypso.

Coachman

Alpha
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Michael Coachman Lampa
Something has obviously happened during the last days.

Rescue team has done 6-10 rescues for a couple of days, and it was a long time ago we where so busy.
Have MA started their advertising campaign ?

Many of them we rescue has parkas so I suspect its the Thing who has bring them to Calypso.

Anyway - Its nice to see some new people.... !

Well done Rocktropia and NDS for their tireless efforts to bring in new players to EU! ;)

Eu is advertised in the thing dvd or bluray release... Maybe both. May be good for mentors to be over there for a while to make sure these players have a good start and stay

Eu is advertised in the thing dvd or bluray release... Maybe both. May be good for mentors to be over there for a while to make sure these players have a good start and stay

thats great to hear! I've been looking for an excuse to go there again :D

Hey Strash, You are right on! We will be promoted inside The THING Blue-ray coming out Jan 31st

There will be more comming. With another VU due at the end of the month that will be

Good news is that Textures are coming next VU..

Also arctic better now as you can use mindforce.

Entropia was also mentioned (and briefly shown) at Erikssons presentation at CES, which might have helped.

As for MA advertising, Kim mentioned that at least Calypso has problems with the introductionary phase that causes new players to leave and that needs to be fixed before they start full advertising

I can't wait for the day MA starts a full-blown marketing campaign including TV spots end everything!

:wtg:

RT seemed like it would have been a difficult place to start...challenging enough for existing players...hope they get some good mentors to help em out :yay:

I was personally amazed at the amount of people swunting at neas during off hours the other night. I would say there is an influx of new players!

Best of luck in 2012!

Grimyth Salty

Last time I was there I helped a few players that started due to the movie promotion.

Now if we could just tt some of the items from "Hunt". As fun as the fail gun is in the ring ((FA)(L) ) it breaks and clogs the inventory.

Entropia was also mentioned (and briefly shown) at Erikssons presentation at CES, which might have helped.

As for MA advertising, Kim mentioned that at least Calypso has problems with the introductionary phase that causes new players to leave and that needs to be fixed before they start full advertising

Like being given the full range of avatar creation options? Yes. I introduced my buddy to EU and he didn't finish making his avatar before he gave up and left. "Too many choices" he said. I think they should allow you to create a generic avatar in the beginning and have an avatar-modification voucher which you can use after you've become accustomed to the game.

Can someone post the trailer? I'd like to see how EU was advertised but I can't find it on youtube.

Pretty sure there was some promotional thing goin on somewhere when MA popped that 217k ath. They dont do shit like that unless someone special is watching.

I think I have come across 2 adverts on the web in last two months browsing games and movies. Didnt really care at the time to mark where they were. I am positive one was tied to the Hunt the Thing, cant remember the other tho.

Yea Trina, explains why loots been absolute pants right after that to.

Nice that Neverdie is getting players in though, hats off to the guy.

Like being given the full range of avatar creation options? Yes. I introduced my buddy to EU and he didn't finish making his avatar before he gave up and left. "Too many choices" he said.

uhm... Seriously? Sounds like someone that really should stay away from all sandbox games then :rolleyes:

Like being given the full range of avatar creation options? Yes. I introduced my buddy to EU and he didn't finish making his avatar before he gave up and left. "Too many choices" he said. I think they should allow you to create a generic avatar in the beginning and have an avatar-modification voucher which you can use after you've become accustomed to the game.

uhm... Seriously? Sounds like someone that really should stay away from all sandbox games then :rolleyes:

I'm with Captain Jack on this.

If the avatar creation software is like it was when I last used it (V10 , was it?) then it wasn't that user-friendly, took me a very long time and didn't have a save for later (if I remember right - at least I didn't discover it). Less easy to use than, say, Sims.

So, yes, some more leeway on this might help.

I recently did (on two occasions) a very small batch of healing at Nea's Place - only to those in newbie outfits. About 20 individuals; and not one did a ty. I've never had that before, so I would guess there were a lot of very new guys there.

I'm with Captain Jack on this.

If the avatar creation software is like it was when I last used it (V10 , was it?) then it wasn't that user-friendly, took me a very long time and didn't have a save for later (if I remember right - at least I didn't discover it). Less easy to use than, say, Sims.

So, yes, some more leeway on this might help.

Perhaps a basic startup avatar at first, with a voucher for a FREE character design later on, WITH all options?

I recently did (on two occasions) a very small batch of healing at Nea's Place - only to those in newbie outfits. About 20 individuals; and not one did a ty. I've never had that before, so I would guess there were a lot of very new guys there.

Usually people go there to skill up paramedic/mindforce/tier faps so they don't care too much about the "thanks", but it is an added bonus. If you care too much about the "thanks" then just move on and come back later when there would be more people online to "thank" you! :)

~Danimal

When I go there I usually tell them they don't have to say thank you every time I give them a heal so that might be cause of me and a few other healers :p

Usually people go there to skill up paramedic/mindforce/tier faps so they don't care too much about the "thanks", but it is an added bonus.

Yeah I don't care too much about thanks when I go there to skill (or use a field chip just to help out) but I do tend to try and avoid the people who demand to be healed and get annoyed if I don't throw myself at them with my healing hands :laugh:

Usually people go there to skill up paramedic/mindforce/tier faps so they don't care too much about the "thanks", but it is an added bonus. If you care too much about the "thanks" then just move on and come back later when there would be more people online to "thank" you! :)

~Danimal

I heal to help newbies, not to skill up.

I do find the 'ty' a nuisance, because then I have to reply 'np', but people should do it (at least on the first occasion), whatever they've been told. Common courtesy.

And it should be forum courtesy not to use a smilie when you are being belligerent.

I heal to help newbies, not to skill up.

I do find the 'ty' a nuisance, because then I have to reply 'np', but people should do it (at least on the first occasion), whatever they've been told. Common courtesy.

And it should be forum courtesy not to use a smilie when you are being belligerent.

You might want to read my post again.. I was simply telling you what people mainly go there for. I was not trying to be "beligerent" you should look up the definition of that.

~Danimal

You might want to read my post again.. I was simply telling you what people mainly go there for. I was not trying to be "beligerent" you should look up the definition of that.

~Danimal

Well, let's just leave it at that. :)

About the avatar creation:

From what i understand, now you can (re)use the creation interface as many times as you want and try on any armors and clothes for as long as you stay on/in the Calypso Genesis island/building (or whatever structure it is).

Some new players would have to confirm this though, because like most (TOU obeying, non-multiple avatars using) old players i have no first hand experience with that new area.

And about the new players wave:

Like some of you already said, looks like this recent wave of new players comes to planets other than Calypso, i recently logged in to my Gateway Advisor avatar and saw only few green dots there and some of them just farmers...

When i created my ava just under a year ago now. It was taking ages to download (that was before space and ark), i tryed all diffrent outfits, but it was ever so slow, download proberly slowed it down so much. was really disapointed that i lost my Long black coat. I looked like the old Undertaker from WWF lol. I went to rocktropia so i never went to the gateway.

Back