New rules on the signatures:

Artrat

Prowler
Society
Antipodean Army
Jin Artrat Mugen
For me they are all just showing as links. Is this a general problem, or have I screwed up my settings somehow?

New rules on the signatures ?

READ THIS FIRST!!! Graphical signatures should be uploaded to our Gallery, link to Gallery is in the top navbar. Graphical signatures may not be larger than 500x120 pixels, text signatures no larger than 4-5 lines of text. Graphical sig within limits plus ONE line of text is acceptable.:

( https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/profile.php?do=editsignature )

Is what it says if you open up "edit signature", never seen it befor, so for me this seems new for tonight.

Ok, i dont know if this is "new" but it seems like it has been a change in the system to make us fallow these rules.

This seems not only to be the rule, this also applys as a setting, you cannot use external links outside of EF in your signature, atleast not as a picture, only as a link.

So update your Sigs guys! this was a change made over the night to today it seems to me.

Please correct me if im wrong ;)

Last edited:
That rule has been there for a very long time.

There has even been a signature amnesty in the past for members who's sigs broke the rules.

That rule has been there for a very long time.

There has even been a signature amnesty in the past for members who's sigs broke the rules.

But this thing... with that u cannot link things from other websites into your sig, is new, correct?

But this thing... with that u cannot link things from other websites into your sig, is new, correct?

Quite possibly this is new :)

711 made a post recently about links to a site which had a "Which Colour Are You?" question and linked image. He banned the links to the site due to concerns over third party usage of cookies and EF users privacy. I guess this could be an extension of that policy?

Edit: I think something is being changed atm cos my EF hosted sig has just disappeared and been changed to a link. Hopefully it will be back soon :D

Last edited:
well at least the tracker-sig is working. but no chance to get the x-fire sig in after this change :(
does it rly saves this much traffic that we need the change, or do we still have some 36.6K modem users here? :D

Edit: I think something is being changed atm cos my EF hosted sig has just disappeared and been changed to a link. Hopefully it will be back soon

theres a new edit option for signatures now, u just have to put in ure link there, than ure sig should work again. just check ure CP and signature options
hope that helps u

Quite possibly this is new :)

711 made a post recently about links to a site which had a "Which Colour Are You?" question and linked image. He banned the links to the site due to concerns over third party usage of cookies and EF users privacy. I guess this could be an extension of that policy?

Edit: I think something is being changed atm cos my EF hosted sig has just disappeared and been changed to a link. Hopefully it will be back soon :D

Yepp. It has to be, or someone made a misstake with the settings yesterday, but i think it is a way to enforce the usage of EF forum gallery and prevent from linking from their party websites. Which is new!

And its not only yours, pretty much everyone who had a link to a non-EF uploaded image is missing their sign ;p hehe :D

does it rly saves this much traffic that we need the change, or do we still have some 36.6K modem users here? :D

Does that even exist anymore? lol ;p

And its not only yours, pretty much everyone who had a link to a non-EF uploaded image is missing their sign ;p hehe :D

My sig is EF hosted but not inserted using the [sigpic]xxxxx[/sigpic] code in the signature section, perhaps this is why it and others have vanished.

I hope it isn't this as the [sigpic] code compresses the image and makes it look messy.

Last edited:
like mine does now u mean? :rolleyes:

Your sig https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic2038_3.gif is in the /signaturepics/ folder mine isn't and now it has disappeared, I'll go search a thread I made a while back and show you the difference the [sig] code makes.

More follows :)

My sig is EF hosted but not inserted using the [sig]xxxxx[/sig] code in the signature section, perhaps this is why it and others have vanished.

I hope it isn't this as the [sig] code compresses the image and makes it look messy.

try it that way that should work
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

try it that way that should work
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

No it doesn't :) see below for what the code does to your pic:

Here's what [sigpic] does to your sig.

sig_-_how_not_to_420924.jpg

Here's what a (regulation size) signature looks like if you don't use [sigpic] (but still host it on EF)

sig_-_the_brownie_points_way.jpg

Now unless someone can see something wrong with my regulation size 500x120px image that I have missed, I don't see why the sig code should corrupt the image??

Last edited:
This is lame. My cool siggie is now gone and I can't seem to get it back. My gold membership is also gone and I'm stuck with a stupid link.

This is about the lamest thing that I have seen on this forum to date.:mad:
711 please fix this or at least provide some coherent directions on how to do so ourselves. While I understand the need for security, the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." comes to mind....

Blackjack :cowboy:

wow wtf, just noticed that teh tracker sig is uploaded to gallery, and wont be updatet automatic.
thats rly shit, afaik entropia tracker is part of EF. this should be changed. all that have the tracker payed 50ped for this signature. thats kinda scam in my eyes. hard words, but sry thats how i feel.
im not amused!!
will post this in the tracker thread too.

This is lame. My cool siggie is now gone and I can't seem to get it back. My gold card is also gone and I'm stuck with a stupid link.

711 please fix this or at least provide some coherent directions on how to do so ourselves. While I understand the need for security, the phrase "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." comes to mind....

I agree BJ, I can't see why it should bugger up a legitamately sized EF hosted signature. I would use the [SIGPIC] code if it worked properly but as it doesn't seem to I prefer the much tidier looking way of using the EF gallery to host the pic.

I would appreciate some comment from 711 :)

Last edited:
new sig rules on forum

wow wtf, just noticed that teh tracker sig is uploaded to gallery, and wont be updatet automatic.
thats rly shit, afaik entropia tracker is part of EF. this should be changed. all that have the tracker payed 50ped for this signature. thats kinda scam in my eyes. hard words, but sry thats how i feel.
im not amused!!

plz tussi help to change that!!!!

This is lame. My cool siggie is now gone and I can't seem to get it back. My gold membership is also gone and I'm stuck with a stupid link.

And i totaly agree, its the lamest so far. ruined my card as well. :(

hehe u will have to do like i did to get your membership card back ._. it looks totaly lame... but... ye... cant seem to figure out to do it in any other way...

Its ugly. but.. =/ what can i do, i want to be able to link my sig from the website as i used to.

Just resorted to change my sig via the [SIGPIC] code and it's sucky.

Hey 711 "SOS" - Save Our Signatures - please :)

im not amused!!

plz tussi help to change that!!!!

Your wrong :) Read the tracker page and also how to put in the sig in a proper way and it updates.

Just resorted to change my sig via the [SIGPIC] code and it's sucky.

Hey 711 "SOS" - Save Our Signatures - please :)

It dosnt look good at all, nothing does ._. specially since u have to upload pics to EF in jpg and not any other formate which makes it even worse. :mad:

It dosnt look good at all, nothing does ._. specially since u have to upload pics to EF in jpg and not any other formate which makes it even worse. :mad:

I'm hoping it's just a setting in [SIGPIC] that has been overlooked.

[SIGPIC] makes the signature 100px high although forum rules allow 120px, hopefully it's easy enough to change [SIGPIC] parameters to 120px so there will be no need for compression of legimately sized images :)

Your wrong :) Read the tracker page and also how to put in the sig in a proper way and it updates.
well when u know how, why yours is not working then ??? LOL

erm, i think u dont get what im talking bout, u just have a link down where normaly the sig is.
and theres atm no way to get it running here on EF, when i have the pic like atm, it does not update, cause pic gets uploaded to EF-gallery
if i past in the link like that" " i just get a clickable url
maybe its my bad english

edit :lol ina post it works, but not as sig

This happened to my signature too, and its not a tracker signature. This seems like some kind of EF problem.

Bummer.

Hopefully just a configuration issue in VBulletin for 711 to sort out.

Nah, something has changed with the forum software - there is another ongoing thread about this somewhere.

Maybe the images are somehow being converted from one format to another before being displayed? just a guess since It seems to happen when I save a BMP as a JPG or similar.

Well my sig is broken because its a PNG file ext, and the galley doesn't support PNG. I was linking from my personal album.

Wtf :(

Back