New Team Options

Tantrum

Provider
I think there needs to be a new team option for creating teams for hunting.

My wife and I play in a team that is set up as follows:

Damage Decides Items or Que (doesn't matter to us)

Money is set to equil.

We both start out with exactly the same amount of ammo.

When we get done with the hunt. We equilize our ammo to each other.

This way we both make the same profit (PED wise) or loss.

You cannot do this with other players at the moment because you cant guarantee they are telling you the truth about how much ammo they still have left.

Some say, "why not just put it on damage decides all?"

That is exactly what you have to do with unknown players. But it seems that damage is not the only factor in distributing loot.

In our testing... It seems that the first shot gets a bonus. Perhaps this is the way it should be. Because the mob is going after the first shooter (most of the time). Maybe armor decay is taken into account when deciding loot proportions. Doubtful though.

When you're in a team that has equil loot distribution, there is always someone who wants to slack behind on doing their part to increase their profit on the hunt.

Damage decides tends to leave the person with the lesser weapons in the poor house. And I know that the other party is doing more than just a few pec worth of damage.

I'd like MindArk to take a look at the loot disribution rules for damage decides and get a fix underway for that.

Also there seems to be a bug in equil distribution. If a mob drops 1.23 PED, a message says the team received loot worth 1.23 PED. But each member only receives 61 PEC. What happened to that other PEC?

I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out a way to do the perfect win/lose team. In Idea would be, to have an ammo pool that each member must put into in order to join the team (decided amount from team options). Each member cannot leave the team until ammo pool is exhausted or team leader abolishes the team. In which case, remaining ammo from the pool gets redistributed back to the team members. Once ammo pool is exhausted, team is automatically abolished. Even if you leave the game you are still in the team and getting an equil share of the loot.

Some details would need to be worked out such as... What happens if the team is abolished (from ammo or whatever) during the killing of some big mob like an Ambulimax? Then the leader or person still standing at the mob, polishes it off for the loot at the expense of the team. But, couldn't that happen now with team leader abolishing the team when the great mob is almost dead? I don't think it is a big problem so far. Better would be to have a message say, this loot is claimed by (team name here).

What do you guys think about this? I know my wife and I play in a team like that a lot. It sure helps a lot when one person is using a mk2 and 2910 and one is using a jester and ep-32. This way, we both win or we both loose. Even if one wants to stay in town and chit-chat.

if it was on ametha the it could have been tax if not no idea

Although this is a good idea, unfortunately I don't think its possible..
Lag mess things up too much, and apart from ammo, there is also decay, and skill increases.
I think damage decides order for money is pretty good already, since the high skills can hunt with the lesser skills and both sides will get their equal amount of loot.
Also, if you have a team.. and then abolish it, you can not loot the monster anymore...

Back