News: NEW UI: A CLOSER LOOK

I hope that all these boxes can be hidden.
nope-anchorman.gif

what annoys me is we were asked about a new ui two years ago or so, and one of the biggest concerns the player base had was you messing with the functionality of the current ui, such as the ability for us to only have the icons we want on the screen, and place them where they work best for us. I honestly don't even see the need for a new ui, and why bother if the game is getting ported to unreal 5 ? Does this somehow help get ready for unreal 5 ? If not, I don't understand the need for this.

Last edited:
Few questions:
- can chat window be now hidden? (in provided screenshot there is no chat)
- can hidden Action Bar be still functional? (If we assign actions and keybinds on action bar but hide it in options) - this would be an easy solution to please few of us that like to have clean HU display
- is it possible (or could it be added in future) to assign keybinds to an item without adding it to Action Bar? For example by having new dedicated category in the Actions UI, for example named Carried Items, where we could easily assign keybinds to desired items that we carry.
- will we still be able to see Keyboard mappings like we can see now?
- can we separate buffs from hp bar? Or even going further, buffs from debuffs, or constant buffs (from items) from temporary buffs (pills and actions)?

I would move the MindForce icon between Weapons and Tools.
It would make more sense to have Miscelaneous at the end. (Yeah would be pain to get used to).

I would move the MindForce icon between Weapons and Tools.
It would make more sense to have Miscelaneous at the end. (Yeah would be pain to get used to).
Agreed.

Please allow us to resize that inventory window and all Windows for that matter

As mentioned in the previous thread, the radar and chat will be resizeable in the first release, but no other windows. However, that function may be added in a future patch (the team is working on it).

What is that yellow bar below hp bar?
I can only assume it's for your weapon reload time?

Yes. The reload will also be visible next to your reticle.

I honestly don't even see the need for a new ui, and why bother if the game is getting ported to unreal 5 ? Does this somehow help get ready for unreal 5 ? If not, I don't understand the need for this.

We discuss some of the reasons for the new UI in the previous article about it:

My biggest concern is the hp bar. I hope it will be pleasant to watch the hp bar in the new ui for any extended amount of time while hunting. For a hunter, its probably the most important thing to watch while hunting.

It will be above your health bar if you select yourself.
I think this is a bad decision, but time will tell. I expect most future screenshots will be nameless, so it will be impossible to tell who really took the screenshot.

I have my FAP mapped to 6 keys, according to my uses (hunting / healing / hunthealing), and which hand is available.
Now I undertand that we no longer map one item per key, but max 3 keys by item, right ?
(Please dup my FAP!)

My biggest concern is the hp bar. I hope it will be pleasant to watch the hp bar in the new ui for any extended amount of time while hunting. For a hunter, its probably the most important thing to watch while hunting.

I think this is a bad decision, but time will tell. I expect most future screenshots will be nameless, so it will be impossible to tell who really took the screenshot.

These are my biggest concerns too.

Why have the hp bar different from the old graded colour style? is there any benefit from this or is it just a matter of style choice by developers? I like the graded style not sure this change is necessary. It's certainly not welcome.

Also nameless screenshots is a poor decision. Again what benefit is there from this change? is it for some sort of GDPR compliance? This is only going to encourage scammers and cheats.

I have my FAP mapped to 6 keys, according to my uses (hunting / healing / hunthealing), and which hand is available.
Now I undertand that we no longer map one item per key, but max 3 keys by item, right ?
(Please dup my FAP!)
I believe you can still place the fap on several different action bars and their 1-10 slot, and bind each slot 3 times?

So i guess about ........ 4 * 10 * 3 available keybinds for your fap? ( 4 action bars, 10 slots on each, 3 keybinds per slot?)

This way i believe you should be able to fap day and night, with your left or right hand, whichever is not fatigue from all that excess fapping.

You also didn't show any icons for loot or gear.. it was completely useless to show the ped card. One thing that our current UI inventory needs is ability resize the icons and most importantly the text size that shows the count for readability

Why have the equipped mindforce chip inside the hp bar? It looks really bad. We only need to equip our mindforce chip once for when we upgrade our chip lvl. Why do we even need it to display at all? We can currently see what items we have equipped anyway.. this is a remnant from old PE that serves no real purpose tbh.
@Ludvig|MindArk
Thx for previous answer. If possible could u also answer these ones?
It would also be great if we can see the other stuff in the inventory.

My biggest concerns are due to functionality over aesthetics , though I do have old eyes.

After 2.0 dropped it was a terrible chore to readjust and reconfigure movement that worked well enough.
Currently I depend on mouse movement for over 50% of my gameplay.

Will we retain the same movements with mouse as we have available now.
On aesthetics , is it possible to label items in storage , such as my pitbulls which contain many thousands of items in categories.
Will it be possible to edit names on the tabs in the UI.

My biggest concerns are due to functionality over aesthetics , though I do have old eyes.

Will we retain the same movements with mouse as we have available now.
I rely on being able to hold down both mouse buttons to run and steer. I hope this remains intact.

EDIT: looks like two-button mouse run will remain in-game from the response on Discord.

Last edited:
Speaking of a closer look, I've just seen that the mood icons on the left of the first screenie actually have key bindings displayed, but they are almost entirely invisible!!! because the backgrounds to them are bright.
If we don't bind them to S or C +1-9(0), for example if we turn off S and C as permitted, then a key binding will be super hard to place and remember.
The fourth and fifth bars would also be hard enough too even if we do use numbers.

Also, you haven't answered my trying to understand further a quote from the OP, so I ask more simply: In the first screenie there are three swords or so top right bar. If you change from line 3 to 2 or 1, will the bindings still be S+1, 2 and 3 for the first 3 boxes, such that I might be equipping something else if I don't realise I'm not on the third line?

On my earlier question of how we fill the bars in the first place, I assume it is with an editor window as we have now, just not shown by you here, where we move items from inventory to the bar and are asked if we wish to replace A with B. I assume we can click on them without any binding needing to be set?
Edit: Ahh, the mindforce icons on the bottom right bar don't seem to be bound to any keys, so we can probably just click on them I guess ...

Last edited:
A bad interface can really ruin the playability. I'm very scared. I got hope, though.

It looks like it's going to be an ENTIRELY new game. Which is good on one hand, because this current interface is terrible. On the other hand it could be a disaster. There is a way to derail or mitigate that.

I hope MA has a phase of BETA testing and PAY THE TESTERS the frickn PIZZA. It's not that hard to do. You can also run FOCUS GROUPS and pay them PEDs. PLEASE!! At least get an AMA going.

You can do it and I want to encourage you to attain the GREATEST success! For one and all. GOOD LUCK!

A bad interface can really ruin the playability. I'm very scared. I got hope, though.

It looks like it's going to be an ENTIRELY new game. Which is good on one hand, because this current interface is terrible. On the other hand it could be a disaster. There is a way to derail or mitigate that.

I hope MA has a phase of BETA testing and PAY THE TESTERS the frickn PIZZA. It's not that hard to do. You can also run FOCUS GROUPS and pay them PEDs. PLEASE!! At least get an AMA going.

You can do it and I want to encourage you to attain the GREATEST success! For one and all. GOOD LUCK!
paying people for honest feedback can be a tricky business. people may be less likely to be critical because they value their special treatment (and financial incentive) and are afraid that being critical might result in the loss of their status. can easily just end up with low-rent yes men

If the edges of the screen remain plastered with boxes like this, I would find it a disaster. A real improvement for the worse. But it's new, so it must be great.

I find one MAJOR issue with this picture. WHY?!?!? do you have a picture with an equipped 1.0 weapon and nothing new and cool! Frean Delta... its from 2004... we have more 2.0 gear.... Get good MA!
It’s prolly to expensive

• Haha
Reactions: B-K
New UI looks ok, and after an initial tearing hair out day i will get used to it.

All to say really, sorry i can't get excited about a new UI in any game . :)

Didn't you read that they invited out like 10 people from newbie to 20 year vet to their headquarters to help out?

Back