new UI making it hard to play

forgo

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Forgo Forgorth Lundain
I am not adjusting to this UI well at all, in fact I may have to sell everything.

Currently I am wearing a wrist brace due to the pain caused by listing things on auction with these small arrows, that is how bad it is.

I still love the game, I do want to play, I just cant play longer than 10 minutes without pain when crafting, and listing items in shop or auction, and that's mostly all I do anymore.

So I plea to the devs, please add a UI option to make those arrows larger, as they are ridiculously small.

Is that your reaction to the UI or this thread or something else?

There should be scaling option for every UI element.
I'm not sure that would make it easier to grab some of the sliders e.g. the slider at the side of inventory. The inventory may be scaled up but slider may still be difficult to grab. Also I doubt they would add a scaling for something like inventory.

... and the scrolling bar widths please, as on inventory to scroll down, for example!

And there are player messages where the list of who is on the message list is partly beneath the message itself, which is also still wider than the message window. It is unreadable and utterly unbelievable that this is still present after weeks of patches.

Personally I don't have problems like that but I can relate to someone that has them, would be cool in interface settings to be able to set up UI scale of some elements, good thought.

You can buy a touch screen monitor.
Its not much more expensive than a regular one. It will introduce a variance to repetitive tasks and save failing muscles from the overload.

Stuff like this is why MA should bring in more real players into their testing process, and earlier in the process. Waiting until the whole thing is effectively finalized and then rolling it out for UAT basically for minor tweaks means that if you had any significant miss in the design then you're effed, because it's too late to make those major changes.

I'll tell you not being able to assign action library or items to on screen buttons (other than 0-9) is really annoying...i used to use that as a 1-click to change my armor set, or to do a number of things, now if i can do them at all i have 2-3 clicks or more. if you'd had some experienced players try it out after the first internal build or even design, that feedback may have been useful. as it is, i lost functionality or that functionality became harder, not easier, to use. so it was a step forward and a step back, very close to being a "sidegrade" rather than the straight upgrade i'm sure MA hoped....

I'll tell you not being able to assign action library or items to on screen buttons (other than 0-9) is really annoying
I have my vehicles and tools assigned, on screen, to different hotkeys, and they work.

1. Pull the bar into the screen (Options > interface > Action bar 1-5).
2. Go to "Actions".
3. Scroll down, and find "Action bars".
4. Change hotkey: for ex. "Action Bar 1, Slot 2" to w/e you like.
5. Drop the icon on that slot. (dont forget you need UI edit mode for that)

Try the use system cursor option ...

I am not adjusting to this UI well at all, in fact I may have to sell everything.

Currently I am wearing a wrist brace due to the pain caused by listing things on auction with these small arrows, that is how bad it is.

I still love the game, I do want to play, I just cant play longer than 10 minutes without pain when crafting, and listing items in shop or auction, and that's mostly all I do anymore.

So I plea to the devs, please add a UI option to make those arrows larger, as they are ridiculously small.

I used to have major wrist issues early on in Project Entropia until I went through a self ergonomic assessment and changed my mouse set up to a trackball. Even if they do change the UI it might be worth changing things up so you aren't adding up RSI in your wrist and other places.

Hard to believe someone give up 7 digits profit and tt profit on tax land annually for this.
ohhh-black.gif

I confess that the slide bars and arrows are super thin while the windows borders are huge. (27 inch monitor with normal 1080p resolution)

Also the auction when you organize by Buyout for example there is none indication of how it's organized, besides the MU of course, and the selected line is barely seen. It's pretty but it was a downgrade.

About the selling button being in other place I guess I got used to it already.

One of the most important features of any online video game is UI scalability. How this was not prioritized in 2024 when everyone is on different sized monitors blows my mind.
this. It was the only thing missing in the old UI. Can't belive how they missed this when ruining the old one.

Can't argue with this, the new UI is a pile of steaming 💩, I gave up on it too, among other things. I'm not paying to play a game that works against me and is absolute crap. End of. 📌

When I did some testing with an XBOX 360 controller, the cursor movements were too course to reliably use the thin scroll bars. I put in a bug report on this.

Well it is right. If anyone play longer this game then 10 year must admit that this new ul is just regress not progress. and those huge and truly significant bugs like decay or missing stuff or others when players do describe them here :https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ntropia-universe-18-1-2-release-notes.299103/
They don't make this game in a year- right? So how come they put us in that bad new UL. Yes it is still payable, but for sure not enjoyably.

I agree!

I play the game in 2k (2560x1440) or even 4k. (3840x2160) as this is the best for my gaming monitor.
The AU window is like 12% of the screen and all around is then dead screen space that i do not need when im on AU.

I could open 4 AU windows and still have window space on the screen.

Is that your reaction to the UI or this thread or something else?

I'm not sure that would make it easier to grab some of the sliders e.g. the slider at the side of inventory. The inventory may be scaled up but slider may still be difficult to grab. Also I doubt they would add a scaling for something like inventory.
Scrolling bars, arrows, and the sliders are terrible.

I have my vehicles and tools assigned, on screen, to different hotkeys, and they work.

1. Pull the bar into the screen (Options > interface > Action bar 1-5).
2. Go to "Actions".
3. Scroll down, and find "Action bars".
4. Change hotkey: for ex. "Action Bar 1, Slot 2" to w/e you like.
5. Drop the icon on that slot. (dont forget you need UI edit mode for that)
interesting. i think that may work. but it's definitely not intuitive. thanks

Back